Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably!

I mean if my car arrives damaged, I'm meant to chase Joe Bloggs Shipping Co? Whose name I likely won't even know?

I have a contract with Tesla Australia. The vehicle delivered isn't fit for purpose. I want another one etc or a full refund etc.

I'm going to step in here and say stop with this rubbish talk, and I mean RUBBISH, Tesla have delivered thousands of cars across Australia including hundreds to Western Australia, I know of only one vehicle that has been delivered with slight damage and that was repaired by Tesla with no argument. I know of NO cars that have been delivered damaged and Tesla have refused repair, if this was the case it would be all over the forums.
Yes, I understand Tesla's communication is bordering on inept, yes, I understand you've waited 3+ years for a car that up until now appeared almost non existent, and yes, I could ignore these ridiculous negative posts concerning delivery but they are just borderline scaremongering that has a negative impact on those reading this forum that are still deciding on a purchase. Take a chill pill because in the next few weeks you're going to take possession of the worlds best car and a few possible dings in the paintwork will make zero difference.

Cool! How do I find u on Facebook? We can create a group for us Tassie Tesla model 3 owners?

I'm in both the "Tesla Model 3 Australia" group and the "AEVA Tasmania" group. I'm cautious about creating yet *another* group ... (I'm in many Tesla, Leaf, Ioniq/Kona, Australia/internal EV groups, AEVA state groups - and I've found none of them stick to their specific topic!) "AEVA Tasmania" is probably the best one to discuss local events and Model 3 delivery info in, there is a lot of interest from the others in there including S and X owners, as well as Model 3 reservation holder who haven't cashed in their reservation yet - like me!

Reactions: Dave3333
Does anyone know with the influx of new tesla' s hitting the road in the next 6 weeks if that will also open up the chance of more Super chargers being installed?

At the moment the closest to me is over a hour away

so two things here:
1. They are installing quite a few more superchargers over the coming months. There is a map on the Tesla website somewhere that shows the planned superchargers; however
2. The main purpose of Superchargers is to facilitate long distance travel. This is why most superchargers are not installed in inner city areas where people could charge their cars for the normal short commute to/from work. The theory being that most people can charge at home and/or work.

This means the nearest charger being an hour from your home is exactly what they want. You leave home with a full charge, and sometime after you've depleted a significant part of the batteries charge, you can charge at a supercharger.

Edit: include link. This shows current superchargers in red, planned in grey

Visit a Store | Tesla Australia

so two things here:
1. They are installing quite a few more superchargers over the coming months. There is a map on the Tesla website somewhere that shows the planned superchargers; however
2. The main purpose of Superchargers is to facilitate long distance travel. This is why most superchargers are not installed in inner city areas where people could charge their cars for the normal short commute to/from work. The theory being that most people can charge at home and/or work.

This means the nearest charger being an hour from your home is exactly what they want. You leave home with a full charge, and sometime after you've depleted a significant part of the batteries charge, you can charge at a supercharger.

Edit: include link. This shows current superchargers in red, planned in grey

Visit a Store | Tesla Australia

That grey one in Gympie will get me from Brisbane to the fam in Rockhampton. Pretty excited about that. I'm already hassling my dad to put a 15A outlet in his garage :D

This is why most superchargers are not installed in inner city areas where people could charge their cars for the normal short commute to/from work. The theory being that most people can charge at home and/or work

Just wait until they get super popular, like this line waiting to charge in the People’s Republic of California. Saw this photo on reddit. This occurs mainly because people don’t home charge due to street parking etc. I cannot imagine why anyone would buy an electric car without having a place to charge it.

Also that map of “planned” superchargers is ancient. It seems like Tesla doesn’t update it, although now with the model 3s depending on how many get sold will place more pressure on them to broaden the infrastructure.

976E0297-8A49-4F6A-B38A-55706112AA26.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Yep, they wanted help building the infrastructure.

Do you want non teslas sat there charging at 50-70kw max for 2 hours?

This.

There are lots of things that Tesla can do to work with other companies. They tried getting them on board with helping them build out the infrastructure. They could charge them a *sugar* load if they want to use it, to recoup the capital costs of building the network (for Teslas they do that through the initial purchase price). But having these shitty cars that take forever to charge taking up charging spots just doesn't make sense.