Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about NZ, in Australia when the orders opened up, the P- did not include track mode or the top speed unlock. It did include homelink though. The top speed unlock was only on o/s orders that needed to wait for their carbon fibre spoiler to be installed on a delivered M3P. I’ve not checked, but it may also be connected to the speed rating of the tyres?
Does anyone have (or know how to locate) a copy of the original order pages?
I would like to print them off for 'discussion' tomorrow.

Does anyone have (or know how to locate) a copy of the original order pages?
I would like to print them off for 'discussion' tomorrow.
There are some screenshots on page #116 -- Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Edit: Hmm, but the reference to homelink must be on a different part of the site...
Edit 2: Oh, it is there "Location aware automatic garage door opener"

On the subject of high value bank transfers I messaged CUA (their new 'I'm CUA' app is great!) and they said they could authorise the increase in chat with some detail confirmations and a SMS to my phone to authorise. It would take the typical 24-48 hours most direct deposits take to clear. If I go into a branch I can do it instantly.

It is pretty clear already that it won't come with Homelink.

maybe, but it was indicated as being present when it was ordered. So it has to be present. Just like they didn't state that the premium needed a yearly subscription. So while I'm not going to complain about the later because it was a known fact, I'm certainly going to ask that homelink be installed as it was advertised.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
The same sleeper EBO45V tonight. Just one more sleeper around in nsw EBO45W

View attachment 446203
Hmm, there are a few more registered in the NSW series now.

EBO45X
2019 GREY TESLA MODEL 3 SEDAN
VIN / Chassis: xxxxxxxxxxxxx2877
Registration expiry: 25 August 2020
1,609 kg

EBO45Y
2019 BLACK TESLA MODEL 3 SEDAN
VIN / Chassis: xxxxxxxxxxxxx3238
1,856 kg

Last edited:
I rang ANZ. Their solution is to call them and do a telegraphic transfer. I think this goes via RTGS and clears immediately. Using online banking won't work because they can only increase the limit to $25K. It costs $28 - not ideal, but insignificant in the scheme of things.

Anyone know if Tesla would accept cash direct deposit to their bank account? Do you need to put something in the reference field of the payment or is each bank account number unique to each order as someone suggested? I would like to pay a portion of it as a direct cash deposit and the rest as an electronic transfer.

As far as Homelink goes, yes it was discussed back in July when Tesla abruptly changed the website and removed it a month after advertising it. The excuse they gave is that they stopped including it in cars in the factory back in April and certainly the Aussie press cars that people have test driven seem to lack it. Thus I suspect they will get away with it even though it’s a breach of consumer law and they probably should be at least honouring it by installing it free in the future when it is released as aftermarket accessory (its currently available as such in the USA)

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Hmm, there are a few more registered in the NSW series now.

EBO45X
2019 GREY TESLA MODEL 3 SEDAN
VIN / Chassis: xxxxxxxxxxxxx2877

EBO45Y
2019 BLACK TESLA MODEL 3 SEDAN
VIN / Chassis: xxxxxxxxxxxxx3238

Ummm. They aren’t press/demo ranges. These are customer regos for sure!

I think they are possibly on the spreadsheet too. O wow

Last edited:
I rang ANZ. Their solution is to call them and do a telegraphic transfer. I think this goes via RTGS and clears immediately. Using online banking won't work because they can only increase the limit to $25K. It costs $28 - not ideal, but insignificant in the scheme of things.

I'm with Westpac, just a call to their 13 number, increased limit to $100K, went through in a few minutes with no fees, paid Tesla, then dropped it back to my normal limit on line. Job done! (not often I'd sing the praises of Westpac, but this is one of them)

Anyone know if Tesla would accept cash direct deposit to their bank account? Do you need to put something in the reference field of the payment or is each bank account number unique to each order as someone suggested? I would like to pay a portion of it as a direct cash deposit and the rest as an electronic transfer.

As far as Homelink goes, yes it was discussed back in July when Tesla abruptly changed the website and removed it a month after advertising it. The excuse they gave is that they stopped including it in cars in the factory back in April and certainly the Aussie press cars that people have test driven seem to lack it. Thus I suspect they will get away with it even though it’s a breach of consumer law and they probably should be at least honouring it by installing it free in the future when it is released as aftermarket accessory (its currently available as such in the USA)

Per a previous post the bank account number they give you is unique to your invoice. Its a Tesla BSB, effectively. Yes, transfer to them like anyone else.

I did my xfer with ANZ (at the branch). As long as done before 1pm local time (I'm in Perth) the fund transfer is immediate. They usually charge $28 for this but the lady that did it for me waived it.

Reactions: Sparty93
It’s quite amazing how the data is in lining up from the hidden vin analysis

The NZ vins are starting to get plates. It has extended to MGK501-519 now. The NZ person with the credit note a while back is included, I have reached out to him to confirm.

418D3E9B-1FFF-4569-9C4A-AA5BE23793D0.jpeg

Ummm. They aren’t press/demo ranges. These are customer regos for sure!

I think they are possibly on the spreadsheet too. O wow

They could have already registered the car but not yet delivered it.

In an email from them today, it said: " I have uploaded the registration document as well, so we are ready to go once your vehicle arrives. We will be in touch over the coming days to lock in your delivery appointment for next week."

So my guess the car will be registered before I pick it up. This is unfortunate in some way as I will pay registration for nothing.

Reactions: Vedaprime
I'm with Westpac, just a call to their 13 number, increased limit to $100K, went through in a few minutes with no fees, paid Tesla, then dropped it back to my normal limit on line. Job done! (not often I'd sing the praises of Westpac, but this is one of them)

My credit union (BankFirst (aka Victoria Teachers Credit Union) has a $2000 daily limit max. But one phone call and 2 minutes on hold increased the limit for the specified payee just for the time to make the payment.

It's a pain that I need to call often whenever I need to transfer more than 42k, but there's no limit once you call them which is great.

Had a test drive of red M3 performance with white interior today, Martin Place, Sydney. 30 mins start stop traffic, wet conditions. Not much fun as a test drive experience. I don’t think 30 mins in Sydney CBD is going to win fence sitters over..

I’ve got my test drive on Wednesday. Forecast suggest it won’t be rainy at least.
So you didn’t get out on one of the motorways?