Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TM3 on board charger is 11kW. It draws 11kW when connected to a 3 phase EVSE (16A or higher per phase)
Now if I connect it to a single phase EVSE (230V/32A), what kind of current will the charger draw 16A ( 3.58kW) or 32A (7.26kW)?
Anybody here knows the design of TM3 charging system?

TM3 on board charger is 11kW. It draws 11kW when connected to a 3 phase EVSE (16A or higher per phase)
Now if I connect it to a single phase EVSE (230V/32A), what kind of current will the charger draw 16A ( 3.58kW) or 32A (7.26kW)?
Anybody here knows the design of TM3 charging system?
Straight from the horse’s mouth: Wall Connector

It can draw 32 amps from a single phase for a bit over 7 kW of charging power.

People we need to establish the right name now or pay the price of millions of annoying clarifying conversations in future.

It's a frunk. It was christened by Musk himself.

OK, if Elon calls it that .. well in that case...

It's the Frunk which is under the Hood. And of course the Trunk at the rear of the vehicle.

And we shall now spell his way too: color, neighbor...

And we walk on the Sidewalk wearing our Fanny Pack.

It is so ordered!

67960539_2996723327036190_5940736946362908672_o.jpg
View attachment 447151
Cmon, we can do better. Apply a bit of Aussie/NZ slang rules.. maybe we should say..
“I’m just going to throw the shopping in the .. banana”

.. too much? :p
Put the fruit in the froot.

I don't think you'll see the North American style plugs in Australia.
They wont. The car delivered in NZ seems to have come with the single phase blue 16A 'caravan' adaptor for the Mobile Connector, but that wasn't in the Australian press cars. They only had the 10A and 15A three pin adaptors.

Everything in my article still seems accurate and I will update it as any new information comes to hand.

• Informative
Reactions: youmi
That was exactly what I asked the Tesla sales guy in Brisbane and he said yes, the SR+ will have floor mats included as ALL M3-s sold in Australia will have floor mats included.
A number of SR+ Model 3's have been delivered in New Zealand now and none have had floor mats, only the Performance models have. Not sure on the AWD LR yet as it doesn't seem any of those have been reported as delivered yet.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
What's very interesting about the first screenshot of the delivery stats is the large amount of P3D- as compared to the +. I wonder if this is also Tesla cleaning out the LR AWD stock.

I wouldn't think that Tesla has surplus RHD stock just sitting around waiting to be sold. Aren't the LR AWD and P+ basically the same car barring a software unlock for the better acceleration/top-speed and some external touches like bigger wheels and a spoiler?

I wouldn't think that Tesla has surplus RHD stock just sitting around waiting to be sold. Aren't the LR AWD and P+ basically the same car barring a software unlock for the better acceleration/top-speed and some external touches like bigger wheels and a spoiler?
The car part might be mostly same with software differences, but there are some mechanical differences too, like lower suspension and larger breaks for the P+, that would be more than just software change and replacing wheels.

Just took delivery!

Fabulous. Have patience.

SR+ does have fog lamps, but no floor mats. 10a and 15a tails for the mobile connector but you need a magnifying glass, or good eyes, to tell which is which!

DS said we're the 10th TM3 on the road in NZ. Additionally, and with a whole pile of salt: 60 cars on the first ship (cap), 100 on the second (yesterday, so brotonne?), and (somewhat implausibly) he claimed that there are more NZ orders than Aus!

Just took delivery!

Fabulous. Have patience.

SR+ does have fog lamps, but no floor mats. 10a and 15a tails for the mobile connector but you need a magnifying glass, or good eyes, to tell which is which!

DS said we're the 10th TM3 on the road in NZ. Additionally, and with a whole pile of salt: 60 cars on the first ship (cap), 100 on the second (yesterday, so brotonne?), and (somewhat implausibly) he claimed that there are more NZ orders than Aus!

We get fog lights, woo!
How about satellite maps? Spotify? How is the sound system?

Reactions: MonicaPlease