Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on the length of the drive, you could either continue drinking on the way home or sleep it off and arrive at your destination sober again :p
I wonder how it's visible to the outside if you are driving or the car is driving - you almost want some sort of an external indicator that the car is in FSD mode, something like the dog mode warning won't work - as your car will get pulled over first before they notice the display.

I wonder how it's visible to the outside if you are driving or the car is driving - you almost want some sort of an external indicator that the car is in FSD mode, something like the dog mode warning won't work - as your car will get pulled over first before they notice the display.
Realistically, unless the manual controls can be completely locked out (or removed), you will not be able to drive while drunk under any circumstances. Too great a chance that you might do something stupid and take over from the driving AI.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
And the car plays a sound track of whinging and whining about how it is feeling neglected that it has to drive itself, and how bad drinking is....
Or "Drunk Wingman Mode". The car says reassuring things like, "Nah mate, you were fine. You didn't embarrass yourself in front of those girls. Nah, they DID think you were funny. And no one heard you snoring in the movie. Don't be embarrassed."

Stupid question...
How do I email the sales and delivery people in Brisbane?
I reserved Sep 2017, ordered Day1, red P- cash. Have a VIN and heard nothing.
I'm supposed to be on a quick relaxing holiday in NZ and I'm worried about mobile coverage.
I need help!

Realistically, unless the manual controls can be completely locked out (or removed), you will not be able to drive while drunk under any circumstances. Too great a chance that you might do something stupid and take over from the driving AI.
There’s another potential FSD issue - the car must know to pull over when indicated to at a booze bus location. Another example of police hand signal recognition. I would call this Level 5, but it occurs typically in urban areas in what is considered Level 4 (because it’s far more ‘structured’ than non-urban)

Reactions: Russian
Saw a few people with 4491XX hidden vins (like me) mentioning delivery calls in the last few pages, and lo and behold, I just got a call too. Question though: I couldn't agree to a time because I had to check availability (we're out of state for first week of Vic' school holidays which is the last week of Sep'). She said to email back at ... deliveries_melbourne, or melbourne_deliveries, @tesla.com? I expect that someone here knows the email address - please help! I did have a look online and tried calling and of course got nowhere.
Thanks!
[email protected]

Reactions: bay74
There’s another potential FSD issue - the car must know to pull over when indicated to at a booze bus location. Another example of police hand signal recognition. I would call this Level 5, but it occurs typically in urban areas in what is considered Level 4 (because it’s far more ‘structured’ than non-urban)
No real issues once level 5 FSD becomes a reality. All situations are catered for (as the worldwide fleet has been in shadow mode prior) and with 30 trillion calculations per second and all cars connected to the worldwide fleet I can't imagine a scenario where if it doesn't know and no other vehicle knows and using a quantum computing decision as a last resort, it actually ends up worse off than if a human was driving.
How's that for faith in the system! Now when's those M3's being rolled out?

Stupid question...
How do I email the sales and delivery people in Brisbane?
I reserved Sep 2017, ordered Day1, red P- cash. Have a VIN and heard nothing.
I'm supposed to be on a quick relaxing holiday in NZ and I'm worried about mobile coverage.
I need help!
Go. Relax. Maybe a bit of skiing. Maybe when you get back Tesla will have scheduled your delivery!

Go. Relax. Maybe a bit of skiing. Maybe when you get back Tesla will have scheduled your delivery!
Yeah but if he misses the September window, he's looking at a December delivery!

;-)

Mostly kidding, but when I said I'd be away on the 23rd of Sep for a bit, I was asked when was the latest in September that I could take delivery. Implication clear - and then qualified that she couldn't guarantee I'd get this vehicle if I didn't take it in Sep', meaning waiting for another (not that I'm attached to this VIN, couldn't care less).

Reactions: jontyh
Finally got the call

Week of 23rd tentative delivery window
Melbourne P- day 1 res / Day 1 order.

Rep confirmed that a small number of cars needed something done with a part associated with the 12v battery, but those all sorted now, only affected a small number and they were the ones who had August deliveries rolled into Sept,

Res date and order date don’t mean a thing as far as they are concerned, it’s all about getting the cars out within the framework of third parties and shipping / transportation logistics. So I guess we could have held onto our $1500 all this time

In any case, it means that I can get on with life for a bit

Recieved my invoice finally!
Delivery Set for 19/9/19
Build Date 10/7/19
Confirms hidden VIN that I had previously
upload_2019-9-3_17-14-25.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-3_17-14-16.png
    upload_2019-9-3_17-14-16.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 38