Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the other hand, just because TESLA has a product we want shouldn’t preclude the criticism. The way they have gone about this has been a shambles, sure the August estimate is an ‘estimate’ but it does mean you have to do certain things like sell car’s, arrange finance etc, it would be a nice courtesy to altleast be told if they are not going to meet their own estimate. I have heard nothing, several emails have gone unanswered, calls to TESLA elicit nothing more than ‘we are busy and will get back to you’ all the while you see people posting online who have cars being delivered in the same configuration as mine who proudly state that they had no reservation and only ordered last week. Well since Tesla has had my deposit now for 3 years and my order for 3 months that does piss you off. I can’t even get an acknowledgment when I try and contact them to tell them that I am going overseas for 6 weeks regarding what happens to my order should my car be ready in this time. Probably the worst thing for TESLA is not customers being pissed but all the business they will lose as a result, it is now a running joke in my workplace, it is my own fault for telling people I should have it in August but hey you go on the information you have. A number of colleagues have said after seeing my experience they won’t go near Tesla.

On the other hand, just because TESLA has a product we want shouldn’t preclude the criticism. The way they have gone about this has been a shambles, sure the August estimate is an ‘estimate’ but it does mean you have to do certain things like sell car’s, arrange finance etc, it would be a nice courtesy to altleast be told if they are not going to meet their own estimate. I have heard nothing, several emails have gone unanswered, calls to TESLA elicit nothing more than ‘we are busy and will get back to you’ all the while you see people posting online who have cars being delivered in the same configuration as mine who proudly state that they had no reservation and only ordered last week. Well since Tesla has had my deposit now for 3 years and my order for 3 months that does piss you off. I can’t even get an acknowledgment when I try and contact them to tell them that I am going overseas for 6 weeks regarding what happens to my order should my car be ready in this time. Probably the worst thing for TESLA is not customers being pissed but all the business they will lose as a result, it is now a running joke in my workplace, it is my own fault for telling people I should have it in August but hey you go on the information you have. A number of colleagues have said after seeing my experience they won’t go near Tesla.
I can see that causing a lot of frustrations. I personally only had reservation for 20 months before ordering and have had the order for short time period. When I put in the reservation I told my friends that it will be a few years before they come to Australia. Nothing more specific than that. When I put my order in and the website suggested October delivery, I told my friends I expect the car to arrive before the end of the year, as I was expecting it to drag out. If I happen to get the car sooner, I will be happy, but looking at the way logistics and delivery hell started in the rest of the world when Tesla started delivering Model 3, I don't really expect them to be able to hold to the optimistic delivery estimations. I suspect they try to do the right thing and prioritise the earlier reservations, however they are getting pulled from many directions where some finance companies drag where others are pushy and it all comes down to the person getting the pull from all those directions and what kind of day they have been having.
Yes they could do it better, but they are most just people doing their job and may sometimes get distracted and make mistakes. I do believe all of us who have ordered the cars, will get them even if it does take a little longer than we would like.

I've been told (yesterday via email) my 5YJ3F7EB1KF4436xx vin car isnt yet i the country but should arrive this week...
Congrats!

You know, it’s very strange. I have been in the model 3 delivery waiting business for so long, now that it’s over, I don’t know what to do with the rest of my life.

Elon Musk: Have you ever considered running a tech company? You’d make a wonderful Elon Musk. [hands over Twitter password]

If there are organisational problems at HO, then is that a surprise, given how Tesla has always done things? Pretty damn good for such a startup with the constraints they have been loaded onto them, imo.

Good post and agree with all except the above. Investment in customer service is something they have chosen to avoid and it shows. They have had plenty of time to learn over the years. Without fueling the invective (had to look that up :rolleyes:), they shouldn’t get a free pass imo.

Don’t get me wrong. I am quietly and patiently waiting for my invoice call. I had a small hope I would get my M3 P- end of August at time of ordering 1st June. I now have a slightly higher hope end of September. I have not called or emailed. I don’t want to add to the workload.

I heard someone (I assume jokingly) say that maybe the people who keep calling and emailing are getting pushed down the list, but it seriously wouldn't surprise me the way people are talking here. I'm sticking with this theory and giving them space to do their thing, they can contact me when ready! :D

Agreed. It also won't make you getting the car earlier.

In fact, it just makes the delivery later for everyone.

It simply takes away their time from working on delivery to handle the emails. Even eventually they will decide to ignore the email, they still need to understand the email, check the status of your order, etc. There are people Tesla needs to communicate with them in a timely manner.

These emails pushing for an update from impatient customers made the already overloaded situation from bad to worse.

Good post and agree with all except the above. Investment in customer service is something they have chosen to avoid and it shows. They have had plenty of time to learn over the years. Without fueling the invective (had to look that up :rolleyes:), they shouldn’t get a free pass imo.

Don’t get me wrong. I am quietly and patiently waiting for my invoice call. I had a small hope I would get my M3 P- end of August at time of ordering 1st June. I now have a slightly higher hope end of September. I have not called or emailed. I don’t want to add to the workload.

You may be right, but Elon has had some incredible headwinds, especially from all the detractors. He has more than once been at a point where he was technically insolvent (company and personally). Many rational people would have taken their windfall from a successful venture (paypal) and gone to live in paradise.
Elon comes across as a caring human being and appears to be a bit of a soft touch, however, he would have to have had advice and/or come to the realisation that if you keep rolling the dice, eventually you will crap out!
That point appeared to come during his production and rollout of M3. As a consequence, I can't even have a Nespresso latte at midnight sitting in the owner's lounge whilst getting my fill of free electrons.
Since those changes, the FUD seems to be abating, TSLA has lost it's volatility and the mission seems to be back on track.
If everyone buying his product and, even half believed what he is trying to achieve, there wouldn't be such forensic criticism when things go awry. Those espousing their invective (there's that word again) are just narcissistic fools.

I suggest any work colleague who sees a car delivery delay as a major issue probably wasn’t going to buy a tesla or an EV in the first place.