Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to pass by Autonexus in Perth today. Was there about 1:30pm. Had just missed the truck offload but witnessed the Model 3's being parked. I directly counted at 19 but could easily have been more as very hard to count the ones parked deep in the pack. There were 3 Blue Performance cars so I assume one of those puppies is mine! Attached are a few photos. If anyone wants to take a look they have parked them at the front, under shade cloth so clearly visible. A red Performance was the last I saw parked so will be the closest to see. For those that missed it the address is 21-25 Ilda Road, Canning Vale. I took a few videos of them getting parked I can try to upload if people are desperate to see more. The key cards appeared to be taped in protective packets to the front. They all looked fairly clean except one black one with Aero wheels which looked like it had a bunch of road grime on the rear probably from the short truck ride from Forrestfield train offload to Canningvale. First time seeing Model 3 with my own eyes...they look much better in person for sure. Now they are here, how long do we have to wait? View attachment 450302View attachment 450303View attachment 450304View attachment 450305View attachment 450306View attachment 450307View attachment 450308View attachment 450309View attachment 450310View attachment 450311

So if they are here in Perth, why another 2 weeks before we can have them?

I'm definitely there tomorrow - I might take my binoculars and see if I can spy my VIN!
CarlPerth, you inspired me to upload this video..its crap, unedited but the video's I took were of the only two red performance M3P+...I filled the video out with ALL the photos I took for all those WA desperates out there wanting to see anything...music is Petshopboys, Go west, since someone suggested that song somewhere a few pages ago...
(Video is in 4K but early watchers may see reduced resolution as I have no idea how long Youtube takes to render)

Maybe need to replace the 12v battery issue? Wasn’t the car in shipment when the issue was discovered.

I had a 19th delivery date two weeks ago. Invoice, VIN, Build Date all indicate my car is now sitting in an Autonexus lot only minutes from my house for the next two weeks. I had my date before battery issues had even been mentioned. Even if the battery is a problem, it doesn’t take two weeks to change a battery and hopefully do a detail.

I see ANL Warnambool has left Auckland (I hope I have a 4882XX P- aboard...) but to my surprise I see it is headed for Melbourne rather than Sydney. Does anyone know whether the containers are all being trucked to Sydney, or whether Autonexus Melbourne is getting involved now?

Mmm.. it’s still in Auckland. Ais hasn’t updated to a new location either. Port Botany arrivals still show 2am Sunday arrival.

No chance of Melbourne arrival first. Logisitics are all Sydney based.

So I received the first of my accessories ordered for the car - floor mats.

Picture on the Ebay ad showed RHD mats, coming from an Australian seller, so I enquired that they were definitely RHD with the seller - but they couldn't say with certainty.

So they arrive today and...LHD.

Well, at least they said that they'd pay for return postage.

CarlPerth, you inspired me to upload this video..its crap, unedited but the video's I took were of the only two red performance M3P+...I filled the video out with ALL the photos I took for all those WA desperates out there wanting to see anything...music is Petshopboys, Go west, since someone suggested that song somewhere a few pages ago...
(Video is in 4K but early watchers may see reduced resolution as I have no idea how long Youtube takes to render)
You're an absolute star - Hiding amongst the Vibernum, filming (possibly) my car in motion, with a Pet Shop Boys backing track... That will have to be the first song I play once I get the sexy beast!

• Funny
Reactions: Random206
So I received the first of my accessories ordered for the car - floor mats.

Picture on the Ebay ad showed RHD mats, coming from an Australian seller, so I enquired that they were definitely RHD with the seller - but they couldn't say with certainty.

So they arrive today and...LHD.

Well, at least they said that they'd pay for return postage.
Sounds like someone was dropshipping! Did the seller mention whether the stock was held in Australia?

Dang the red looks awesome! If I change colour now it may arrive even later:(. Awesome shots though. So close yet still feels so far away from delivery.

Reactions: TaylorP
Sounds like someone was dropshipping! Did the seller mention whether the stock was held in Australia?

May well be the case, yes. Only took a week from order to delivery and it had to come to Perth so reasonably quick. Their English is terrible, not that that means anything...

Interestingly I just logged into my Ebay account, and rather than accept a return, they've decided to refund me in full. They've also taken the ad off Ebay.

Someone who gets one of the 12v swap cars should look at the manufacture date on the battery and see if they are making stuff up or being honest. Although they may not be manufactured this /last month. I see no reason they would be making stuff up, just would be curious to know the difference in batteries.

Having seen the error on the screen myself, they aren't making this up. Tesla aren't deliberately sitting on cars - they don't recognise the revenue until delivery so it's not in their best interest to fill up their delivery centres with customers cars.

Thats interesting, my VIN is also 4434XX (White P3D+) but with a build/compliance date of 09/07/2019. I dont understand how there could be such a gap in build dates if the VINs are assigned sequentially during the build process.
Hope you are not commandeering mine Lol! Also P3D+ in white and 4434xx VIN in Perth and build/compliance date of 9/07/2019. Being delivered Sept 16 at 10:00am. (Please don't tell me that is your delivery date and time too)

Hope you are not commandeering mine Lol! Also P3D+ in white and 4434xx VIN in Perth and build/compliance date of 9/07/2019. Being delivered Sept 16 at 10:00am. (Please don't tell me that is your delivery date and time too)

I'd been wondering about the 4433XX and 4434XX builds. I note that Aaron Green on youtube had a build around that VIN as well.

My VIN is 4429XX with a build date of 11 July, so they were built a bit out of order then.

I had a 19th delivery date two weeks ago. Invoice, VIN, Build Date all indicate my car is now sitting in an Autonexus lot only minutes from my house for the next two weeks. I had my date before battery issues had even been mentioned. Even if the battery is a problem, it doesn’t take two weeks to change a battery and hopefully do a detail.

I was within 4 km drive of my Model 3 tonight. So close yet so far!