Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any relationship with a VIN showing on CarJam to the car being in the country or not? Can CarJam see vehicles that have not yet made it into NZ? My VIN is showing on CarJam but is not showing WOF or Reg status. I was thinking that maybe CarJam can access a worldwide database of VINs and so is just showing the VIN that was registered by Tesla when the car was produced.

Is there any relationship with a VIN showing on CarJam to the car being in the country or not? Can CarJam see vehicles that have not yet made it into NZ? My VIN is showing on CarJam but is not showing WOF or Reg status. I was thinking that maybe CarJam can access a worldwide database of VINs and so is just showing the VIN that was registered by Tesla when the car was produced.
Carjam can't see all of the VINs. I don't know if being in carjam means it's in the country, or not, but I'd think it at least means that the importer has registered the VIN with NZTA.

There's also a limitation to carjam VIN stalking: searching the VIN doesn't necessary show when the car was registered. There was at least one day when searching our VIN showed the car unregistered, but searching the rego (which had been done) returned the VIN. I admit that I didn't continue checking to see how long that lasted.

Reactions: freshmax
Just had my phone call.

P3D+ Blue/black
Pick up 27th of September

@Random206 @Vedaprime I’ll send the VIN details when I have them
Thanks mate, if you'd already added them to the form, and don't have the link to edit them, please find your timestamp and send me the full timestamp to [email protected] and I can provide you your link.
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

Otherwise use the link in my signature below to add them to the spreadsheet and then save the link provided at the end for later updating.

Carjam can't see all of the VINs. I don't know if being in carjam means it's in the country, or not, but I'd think it at least means that the importer has registered the VIN with NZTA.

There's also a limitation to carjam VIN stalking: searching the VIN doesn't necessary show when the car was registered. There was at least one day when searching our VIN showed the car unregistered, but searching the rego (which had been done) returned the VIN. I admit that I didn't continue checking to see how long that lasted.
I get the feeling (blindly optimistic) that even though our VIN shows on Vedaprimes list as being on the next boat that somehow it arrived on yesterdays. Just seems like too much of a coincidence that it would show up the day after a ship arriving. Also based on what you are saying about CarJam would point to a stronger case of it arriving yesterday rather than still being half way across the Pacific on the next boat.
Im sure Vedaprime is cringing reading this cause I am basing this all on absolutely nothing but its nice to dream right?!

I get the feeling (blindly optimistic) that even though our VIN shows on Vedaprimes list as being on the next boat that somehow it arrived on yesterdays. Just seems like too much of a coincidence that it would show up the day after a ship arriving. Also based on what you are saying about CarJam would point to a stronger case of it arriving yesterday rather than still being half way across the Pacific on the next boat.
Im sure Vedaprime is cringing reading this cause I am basing this all on absolutely nothing but its nice to dream right?!
You can try tracking your VIN here as well:

SoftPlus Web Portal

Seems to be where they go between the boat and tesla. Ours was delivered to Tesla two days before delivery. But that was ~2 weeks after cap.

This may be a dumb question, but am I the only one not able to log into the Tesla iOS app prior to vehicle delivery?

It just seemed odd that the order page refers to using the app the get familiar with the manual etc. prior to delivery, but I cannot even log in to the app prior to delivery.

Call received!

Melbourne Richmond
P3-
Midnight silver
Ordered 3/6
No reservation.
The earliest they could schedule me though was September 30th so that’s month without a car. Still I at least have a date.

I'm getting really annoyed that people with no reservation and the same model are getting delivery appointments while I have nothing so far. I paid my reservation the day it was announced, and ordered the week it was available for order, so why the hell did I give Tesla my money for 3 years? Makes it even worse that I've been told repeatedly by Tesla, from multiple people in the company; that I will get my car in August. That my early reservation will mean I will get it before people with no reservation. Well that's all bullshit. They've been lying right to my face for 3 years now.

Tesla may have a great product, but they have some of the worst customer service on the planet. Makes it really hard to recommend it to other people.

This may be a dumb question, but am I the only one not able to log into the Tesla iOS app prior to vehicle delivery?

It just seemed odd that the order page refers to using the app the get familiar with the manual etc. prior to delivery, but I cannot even log in to the app prior to delivery.

I'm able to log in no problems. It just shows me a pic of my car and links to watch the tutorial videos

Reactions: MonicaPlease