Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why be an apologist for this? The whole point is that Tesla has stuffed this, not the minion with the spreadsheet.

I am with you mate, just because the product is awesome and we are all supporters of TESLA and the future success doesn’t mean I should just bend over and take punishment from their crappy customers service and a seemingly unending ability to never learn from their previous logistics cock ups. Let’s not forget they were/are in total control of the process and had every opportunity to make sure the Australasia rollout was done fairly and in line with expectations, saying ‘but this is a big undertaking’ so therefore we can expect it to be messy is just a cop out. Now, I can totally understand timelines blowing out and certain vehicles getting delivered first due to production issues but I think just some basic information should be forth coming, like I don’t know a message along the lines of ‘you estimated August delivery is now unlikely, expect to here from us mid September’ would be handy. Doesn’t have to be a phone call either, just a txt or email would suffice.

Well. It is the first range of the first batch.
Seems legit you would get a call with that vin.

Nothing else special - like ever been an employee or existing owner?
I have never been an owner. I have been to 2 test drives and spoken to their representatives in couple of shopping centres and the Tesla Tiny House presentations. Also visited the Brisbane show room on occasions for a chat. They have been emailing and calling me about updates from Brisbane Tesla shop, so I might be considered a friend. I did put the reservation in for Model 3 during one of the test drives of Model S in January 2018, so have had reservation for 20 months. (Not as long as many others)
I did the Model 3 test drive the first day they were doing those in Brisbane and I pretty much confirmed with them that I was going to purchase SR+ MSM unless the LR RWD comes available and I was hoping for towing option. They have since been pushing me to put the order for SR+ in trying to convince me that LR RWD is most likely not coming back this year.
I suspect Brisbane allocation of cars may have had some surplus SR+ in MSM paint where the denser populated states like VIC and NSW were running low on some options?

Reactions: Vedaprime
Can confirm.
Reservation holder
First day order
Have hidden VIN
Have not been contacted by Tesla
Have not received a text message from Tesla since delivery milestones.
You are in QLD, so there is a chance that not all QLD orders got that. Also can you check what options you have ticked in your communication preferences for Tesla account? I have all ticked, so I get emails, phone calls and text messages. I suspect if you leave some of them unticked you may not get those type messages.

SeaSucker Heavy-Duty Roof Racks at SeaSucker Down Under Are available locally. I’m still not completely convinced the Tesla racks are the best design solution. I worry about the tape on the glass and its replacement/longevity in addition to the durability of the weld between the blade and bolt of the clip.

Having said that the SeaSucker rack is not something I would put a lot of weight on given my lack of understanding of the stress and vibration tolerance of the Tesla roof
Thanks, I am looking seriously at the Sea Sucker mini bomber, I have some reservations, given the glass breakage reported on the model 3, which Tesla should have responded to, but have been worryingly silent.

Reactions: Hairyman
I got the same text. Wonder if it's like the other texts that just got blasted out to basically everybody?

Can anyone who has not been contacted about delivery confirm that they did not receive a text from Tesla just now?

No call, no TXT, no hidden VIN, just another week gone by waiting. I called them (second time in as many weeks) looking for an update but they just keep pushing the tentative date each time. Pretty average IMO.