Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery next week from Monday. Apologies to other zero-day reservation holders who don't seem to be been allocated when they should have been.

But I must say these last few days are even more torturous than the last few weeks. Just want to skip the weekend!

- Charge cable (check)
- Stereo System test playlist (check)
- Phase 3 power application and installation (check)
- Keeping my mouth shut on social media so nobody knows I'm getting a new car at all (check)
- Floor mats / Screen protector / custom puddle lights (check)
- Good chuckle at the Porsche Toucan (check)
- Read owners manual cover to cover (check)
- Watched a million YT videos about the model 3 (check)

Might hit the sauce tonight and see how much time I can lose before Monday.

d

How did it drive? Have you driven other Teslas for a comparison?
I'm thinking about getting one, but still like my Model S.
I took that blue SR+ for a test drive around a few city blocks, down through Mrs Macquaries chair etc. Havent driven a Tesla before , but have a Volt. So the quiet drive is the same. Steering etc is good, and feel on he road is firm but ok. I see you are in Sydney also, they had a Red Model 3 performance in there as well, so you can make an appointment, to test drive. As it was from Martin place, I chose Sunday afternoon at 3:00 pm, and the traffic was probably lighter than a midweek.. that could have been luck though. 3 0 minutes doesng get you a lot of test drive, but its enough . The 490 kms range cant be bad for road tripping. :rolleyes:

Keeping my mouth shut on social media so nobody knows I'm getting a new car at all (check)

This is me so hard ahahah. Only a couple of people know I'm getting the car soon. I want to surprise everyone!

Yeah wife and I have been careful not to mention anything to anyone also. We'll just show up in it one day. I feel a bit weird about people seeing that we've spent so much on a car... So we get our furniture from hard rubbish and eat tinned beans a few nights a week, well, we just have different priorities; but they'll think we're loaded, even though this has been years in the saving.

Yeah wife and I have been careful not to mention anything to anyone also. We'll just show up in it one day. I feel a bit weird about people seeing that we've spent so much on a car... So we get our furniture from hard rubbish and eat tinned beans a few nights a week, well, we just have different priorities; but they'll think we're loaded, even though this has been years in the saving.

well done to you!

I just realised that I need to wait for 3 weeks..... what the hell am I going to do with myself until then!!?? Is there any way to induce a scheduled-wake coma?
LOL your comment is giving my flashbacks to when I was waiting for my S 3 years ago.
I'm a grown man and I was suddenly put back into the position of a child waiting for Christmas.

Its all happening at once.
I got a hidden VIN today then this from Macquarie:

"Tesla have estimated your delivery for the 1/10/2019.
Now we have the approval in place I will request an invoice from them."

I literally ordered 10 days ago...... no prior reservation. Whether the delivery date pans out to be true is another thing entirely.....
P3+ white and white in SYD

It feels like theres a lot of cars on the water with imminent arrival
I got the same text. Wonder if it's like the other texts that just got blasted out to basically everybody?

Can anyone who has not been contacted about delivery confirm that they did not receive a text from Tesla just now?
Can confirm I have not been contacted about delivery. Can confirm i have NOT received a text from Tesla.