Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Delivery strikes again, was scheduled for September 19, invoice paid, rego papers signed and now just got the call and pushed back till October 4.
How can they get things so wrong?
yes same here pushed to September 20 (but leasing company says October 1 and Of course I am away then!). Tesla told me the car is not in Perth (but delivery will definitely be September 20). They got a bit flummoxed when I asked about about all those model 3s at Autonexus in Canning Vale

I will note today that while looking up the price rises (also, holy crap, my ordered P3D- is still cheaper than a LR AWD...) that the website still reports estimated delivery as October and for some who haven't got a call, seems a little ambitious. :)
Can someone help me with the chronology here... did P3D- disappear at the same time white interior first became available on P?

And yes, the website reporting October deliveries for orders today seems... optimistic. :D

Given that I went past Adelaide AutoNexus on Sunday and no sighting of any Model 3’s and now your sighting including a few White Model 3’s, I think one of those might just be for me this coming Thursday

My white P- Adelaide delivery has moved forward from the Monday to next Fri 20th. Should be a pleasant weekend.

Yep they do. Specially designed to do so, they have a larger centrebore as well for the hub's increased size on the P3+

pearl-white-tesla-model-3-performance-upgrade-space-gray-18-inch-tst-turbine-style-wheels-forged-wm-4_6272d32c-b53e-48dd-aa44-bb72529a8575_4000x@2x.progressive.jpg
Can you comment on the differences in ride comfort and noise?

Still no excuse for the negligent parents running over kids. Kids should either be in the car or watched by an adult, not hanging around unsupervised in a driveway. It seems almost every time it happens the parents jump on the news blaming the car and everything else but themselves. It's so sad yet so easily preventable.
Monica please! I don't know if you have kids but they do not understand about cars and reversing. The slightest slip up can result in a young child getting out near a vehicle unnoticed and tragedy can so easily unfold. I was lucky with my son, others not so. The latch on my parents in laws gate was dodgy and when I went to go to Bunnings one day the gate bounced and did not latch. My young son wanting to go to Bunnings with dad ran out unnoticed behind the car (station wagon with no camera in those days) as I was reversing. The first I knew about it was when I heard a thump. Fortunately it was slow speed but it hit him him hard enough to throw him to one side onto some grass. The rear tyre just ran over his t shirt and missed his torso. He was bruised enough that it took him seven days to be able to walk again. You cannot imagine the terror that grips you all the way to the hospital.

• Love
Reactions: jontyh
Had another reason to pass by Autonexus again to see if anything obvious to see for these delays. Low and behold, two truck loads carrying another 19? model 3's just offloading (at least one vehicle was a toyota and each truck carried 10 cars...I think?). Got a few photos and started videoing but was asked to stop. The employee said I could buy one if I wanted to take photos, and I told him I had. After that he was very apologetic but still wouldn't let me take more photos. Seems like these cars are trucked over after all...timing would roughly equate for round trip journey to Sydney since last offload on Sept 4th. The rear end of each lead car is splattered with bugs etc and both charge ports of the lead cars damaged/open. Looking very crowed at Autonexus so they must be not happy for delays getting the cars out...unless they are shipping them to some other place to sort out the 12V or whatever it is issue?? Attached are the photos of what I got. View attachment 454018View attachment 454019View attachment 454020View attachment 454021View attachment 454022View attachment 454024View attachment 454025View attachment 454026View attachment 454027View attachment 454028
I hope my white P#D is in that lot. Tesla told me today that my delivery date is pushed to September 20 from September 16 as the car is not in Perth! VIN 4434XX. My leasing company said they have the delivery date as October 1 ( when I am away Sheesh!) TEsla Rep assured me today that it is definitely September 20 though. Not sure who to belive

Monica please! I don't know if you have kids but they do not understand about cars and reversing. The slightest slip up can result in a young child getting out near a vehicle unnoticed and tragedy can so easily unfold. I was lucky with my son, others not so. The latch on my parents in laws gate was dodgy and when I went to go to Bunnings one day the gate bounced and did not latch. My young son wanting to go to Bunnings with dad ran out unnoticed behind the car (station wagon with no camera in those days) as I was reversing. The first I knew about it was when I heard a thump. Fortunately it was slow speed but it hit him him hard enough to throw him to one side onto some grass. The rear tyre just ran over his t shirt and missed his torso. He was bruised enough that it took him seven days to be able to walk again. You cannot imagine the terror that grips you all the way to the hospital.

Yes mate I do have kids, there was a big back and forth off topic discussion about it earlier that lead to the comment you quoted.
I know they don't understand about cars that's why I said mine are either inside the house with my partner behind key locked screen doors or if they're outside waving goodbye when I'm reversing out my partner holds their hands. (or vice versa)

This is my last post on this as I've said more than enough on this particular topic.

Reactions: jaykaye
Had another reason to pass by Autonexus again to see if anything obvious to see for these delays. Low and behold, two truck loads carrying another 19? model 3's just offloading (at least one vehicle was a toyota and each truck carried 10 cars...I think?). Got a few photos and started videoing but was asked to stop. The employee said I could buy one if I wanted to take photos, and I told him I had. After that he was very apologetic but still wouldn't let me take more photos. Seems like these cars are trucked over after all...timing would roughly equate for round trip journey to Sydney since last offload on Sept 4th. The rear end of each lead car is splattered with bugs etc and both charge ports of the lead cars damaged/open. Looking very crowed at Autonexus so they must be not happy for delays getting the cars out...unless they are shipping them to some other place to sort out the 12V or whatever it is issue?? Attached are the photos of what I got. View attachment 454018View attachment 454019View attachment 454020View attachment 454021View attachment 454022View attachment 454024View attachment 454025View attachment 454026View attachment 454027View attachment 454028

The up close of the white that shows the VIN is my car ! Good to see it has arrived
Now hurry up and deliver it please

Stopped by Autonexus Adelaide and spotted 6-7 white Model 3s and at least 1 red. May have been more but the view wasn't great.
yes same here pushed to September 20 (but leasing company says October 1 and Of course I am away then!). Tesla told me the car is not in Perth (but delivery will definitely be September 20). They got a bit flummoxed when I asked about about all those model 3s at Autonexus in Canning Vale
Maybe Autonexus in Perth is now overloaded and not able to prepare cars fast enough to meet the optimistic delivery dates from Tesla given earlier and hence the reason for the push back with more realistic delivery dates.

Maybe Autonexus in Perth is now overloaded and not able to prepare cars fast enough to meet the optimistic delivery dates from Tesla given earlier and hence the reason for the push back with more realistic delivery dates.

My delivery date was also moved to the 20th starting delays, but seeing my VIN in those photos that arrived into Perth today confirms that. I’d say your car should be there as well!

Is that high? My thinking has always been that the insurance is there for things that cause significant damage or total loss of the car, which tend to be extremely rare and where a $1k+ out of pocket expense is a pittance compared to the insurance payout towards repairs or a replacement vehicle. Have I been doing it wrong?
After another analysis, Technopile’s quote was about $650/yr with 1k excess. Mine was 1.2k/yr with $500 excess. Both quotes are from RACWA and we both have maximum NCB. I realise that other factors such as age, other concurrent policies, suburb, previous claims etc may influence this also. I figured it would be better going for the higher excess providing a claim is not made with 1 year of the policy. Otherwise the amount saved with the lower annual premium will make up for the higher excess after a year. Hope this makes sense.

After another analysis, Technopile’s quote was about $650/yr with 1k excess. Mine was 1.2k/yr with $500 excess. Both quotes are from RACWA and we both have maximum NCB. I realise that other factors such as age, other concurrent policies, suburb, previous claims etc may influence this also. I figured it would be better going for the higher excess providing a claim is not made with 1 year of the policy. Otherwise the amount saved with the lower annual premium will make up for the higher excess after a year. Hope this makes sense.
My RACWA quote was $768 with full NCB and $500 excess for P3D+ (with FSD). As I scrubbed the FSD it may go down a little I hope.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-13_21-0-2.png
    upload_2019-9-13_21-0-2.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 44
  • upload_2019-9-13_21-3-10.png
    upload_2019-9-13_21-3-10.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Techno-phile