Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I got the call.

Actually I've had lots of calls. And the delivery date has changed 3 times. Right now my car is inexplicably sitting in a depot 45 mins away (delivery date was today) and when I was told the delivery date was changing a 4th time to later in the week I offered to come get the car myself first thing in the morning. The transport company called back to say they'll *definitely* get it to me tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

Well I got the call.

Actually I've had lots of calls. And the delivery date has changed 3 times. Right now my car is inexplicably sitting in a depot 45 mins away (delivery date was today) and when I was told the delivery date was changing a 4th time to later in the week I offered to come get the car myself first thing in the morning. The transport company called back to say they'll *definitely* get it to me tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

Now that is just mean.

What has there multiple excuses been for the many delays?

Now that is just mean.

What has there multiple excuses been for the many delays?

Yes many excuses and promises but I can't blame anyone so won't share them. Mainly because I've spoken to at least 4 different people at Tesla and now a transport company and as nobody seems to have done this before nobody knows the process.

My original delivery date was 8 days ago. It would have been quicker to drive the car home from the Sydney showroom, which in hindsight I really should have done.

Still excited for my car (assuming it exists), but I've had better delivery tracking on $2 purchases from EBAY.

Thanks for letting me vent... again :)

Got the call! Hidden Vin 4991xx
Delivery in Canberra to my address. Will be 27th or 30th they said. Depending on the trucking company.

Can confirm I will need to head down Access Canberra and submit the paper to register the vehicle myself. Pretty annoying for a $90k car but I will survive.
I this is the highest VIN I've seen that has a delivery booked? The boat should only be arriving on the 20th according to veda.

This probably puts in on ANL Warrnambool. Once you have an invoice, please let me know. It is a bit of guess work on my part as the vin registrations were so huge (25000). I will move it earlier on the sheets given this information.

I am highly sceptical of 27th/28th deliveries for ALL of ANL Warrnambool . Only a certain number will get through logistics in time to meet these dates. Everything has to go right. 1st off ship, 1st through logistics, 1st out of logistics, 1st transported, 1st prepared for delivery. Some will be delivered as promised , but I can see some people have been given tentative dates being pushed back into October. My guess is we are seeing a 3 week average (maybe up to 4) from ship to customer delivery timeframe, with some people at 2 weeks, and some at 6 weeks (if issues) - and then there is the Tassie facepalm today. Similar facepalm for NZ South Island - same kind of issue.

Last edited:
Had Ando from Ando's auto detailing here all day working on my P3D+, correcting the paint and applying protection coating inside and out. The paint finish was pretty ordinary when the car was delivered last week, but now it looks amazing. Oh so shiny.

Will have to take some daylight photos tomorrow.

View attachment 455383
View attachment 455382
Thanks for the heads up - it’s why I won’t be paying until I see the car first

In preparation for my X delivery next week, I’ve been sorting window tinting and ceramic coating today which included visiting the businesses. As it turns out, the opticoat place is directly opposite the delivery center at Alexandria. I couldn’t help myself and had to drive into the driveway and have a peek. I drove in as a massive car carrier was driving out empty, inside the warehouse there were approx 80 Tesla’s being prepared. I went to drive out 2 minutes later and got held up waiting for another car carrier full of Tesla’s blocking the driveway on its way in. Busy busy busy.

In preparation for my X delivery next week, I’ve been sorting window tinting and ceramic coating today which included visiting the businesses. As it turns out, the opticoat place is directly opposite the delivery center at Alexandria. I couldn’t help myself and had to drive into the driveway and have a peek. I drove in as a massive car carrier was driving out empty, inside the warehouse there were approx 80 Tesla’s being prepared. I went to drive out 2 minutes later and got held up waiting for another car carrier full of Tesla’s blocking the driveway on its way in. Busy busy busy.

NewHi there mate,

We are running a special for paint protection at the minute for the launch of the new M3. Let me know if we can assist in any way.

Thanks
Ryan

• Informative
Reactions: AussiePete
I have to agree. Doubtless I’ll love the car when I finally get it, but the likelihood of my waxing lyrical about the virtues of buying a Tesla has plummeted. The negatives stick in the mind, and I cannot in good conscience tell someone to buy from them without mentioning the issues along the way.

For a company like Tesla that relies heavily on word of mouth, this is very dangerous territory.

I vaguely remember seeing a post that that’s in the USA only.
What negatives are you talking about? Delivery a few weeks later than promised months ago? Have you ever purchased an imported expensive european car before? They just ignore you and one day you get a call to come in and get your car. No promised dates, no serious estimates on delivery. Same when buying imported furniture.

My delivery date was tomorrow at 10am. Last Thursday it changed to Friday 20th September at 12pm on my account. After contacting TESLA they said delivery date is 20 September, but date is tentative. Leasing company has an October 1 delivery date. As I am away October 1, I am hoping they stick with the September 20 date. The white P3Ds that arrived at Autonexus Canning Vale on Friday provided hope. VIN is 4434XX and is now back on my Account page after disappearing for a few days.
update: got my delivery confirmation call late this afternoon. Now Friday September 20 at 10:00am. Yay!

Well, no call today, but it seems like they have been active so that's good. So far I have resisted the urge to call or email them. Hoping they get the rest of us Canberra white interiors done.

Wonder what they would do if someone called and/or emailed them every day for a status update? :p