Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not an electrician, or have many skills in that area, so I wouldn't know. I do know that I was told that my house wasn't wired for 3-phase (I guess most homes aren't), but if you already have 3-phase then you're probably a step ahead of most of us!
You could always call up an electrician and ask?
:)

Can someone confirm the electrical adapters and cables that came with the M3 SR+ in Aus? I know what I have been told, but haven't seen an actual Aus model. Only the US based ones in the show room (which couldn't be driven but had the wrong connectors).

I dropped into the Melbourne (Cremorne) delivery centre for a look today and spoke to some staff. There were 4 cars waiting to be delivered this afternoon and another had been delivered earlier, so 5 today. They mentioned there are a few more tommorrow but that next week they will be delivering up to 50 cars per day! Roughly 15 minutes time allocated per delivery so it will be madness for them next week. The back prep area of the delivery centre was already in full swing with a line of cars being detailed ready for delivery

One of those black ones is mine. They called me again saying i can pick up when I want. Unfortunately had to resist again due to work.

You could fit a 32A socket and then fit a plug to the HPWC that comes with the car, but that would actually cost more than just hardwiring the HPWC since the cost is the breaker/safety switch and running the cabling.
I need like a 10 metre cable length as want to park tesla in driveway and charge from socket near side of house. I thought a 3 phase plug adapter came with the car. I could then use a 3 phase extension lead. Anyone have suggestions. Parking on the property isn't a good option as Mr Snuffles tends to get loose and bite people when the gate gets opened... Don't need a 100K lawsuit after a 70K car purchase...

Can't I just put in a 3 phase plug (We have 3 phase for a 20KWh aircon)?
Yes that's what I did. Just need a lead and 3p plug from the HPWC. Then the HPWC is mobile (if necessary) 20180208_085427.jpg

:)

Can someone confirm the electrical adapters and cables that came with the M3 SR+ in Aus? I know what I have been told, but haven't seen an actual Aus model. Only the US based ones in the show room (which couldn't be driven but had the wrong connectors).
The UMC comes with standard Australian 10A and 15A tails. You get a HPWC with 7m cable that can charge up to 22kW, although this is limited to 11kW on the Model 3. you will need at least a 20A 3 phase circuit to get the most out of it.

Reactions: kevinwithnall
I need like a 10 metre cable length as want to park tesla in driveway and charge from socket near side of house. I thought a 3 phase plug adapter came with the car. I could then use a 3 phase extension lead. Anyone have suggestions. Parking on the property isn't a good option as Mr Snuffles tends to get loose and bite people when the gate gets opened... Don't need a 100K lawsuit after a 70K car purchase..

Ok, this i starting to make sense. I will get an electrician in to see what can be done 20amp shouldn't be a problem. But I really need the darn boxes from Tesla for them to see them. Pity you can't collect these early. I will have another look at the charging manual they sent me as well. Thanks.

Just met with Techno-phile at the Booragoon charger. Seems like the other Booragoon M3 is also blue which was delivered yesterday. Will try and meet this other blue owner same place tomorrow. Thanks Techno-phile for spending the time to go through the charging with me, there and at the Woolworths charger too (and then back again).
Once I get my car I will bring it there too. Maybe can learn a few things from you guys.