Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wardell Rest Area 3 hours South of Brisbane and heading North. There'll be some happy people in Brissie soon
IMG_4797.jpg
IMG_4792.jpg
IMG_4797.jpg
IMG_4792.jpg
IMG_4793.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Wardell Rest Area 3 hours South of Brisbane and heading North. There'll be some happy people in Brissie soon

Thanks for this update. why did you block out the VIN? There is no need to.

Still haven't heard a peep out of Tesla for my car. Think I might make plans for next week for a little mini holiday, because I think at this point there would be no way for them to deliver by the end of September.

Still haven't heard a peep out of Tesla for my car. Think I might make plans for next week for a little mini holiday, because I think at this point there would be no way for them to deliver by the end of September.

Some people are sensitive about VINs - I don't know why either. FWIW this was the only blue one in the batch. Fingers crossed for delivery for you soon.

Reactions: kieranu
Just got 'the call' - I never thought it would come!

ACT delivery, P-, Blue, VIN: 4883XX
Reservation 03/09/2018
Order 06/06/2019

Lovely lady did offer Alexandria pickup but said it would make marginal difference in delivery time. Will be sending invoice in a couple of days and apparently another gentleman will be reaching out to me with a firm date.
Received a voicemail/text about 5 minutes after the call suggesting an end of September delivery.

Is anyone able to share/link to a blank copy of Tesla's 'Letter of Authority - Pers. Plate Form'?

Background context is I ordered some custom plates in late August thinking that the car would arrive first and I'd just swap plates after delivery. So selected the 'no custom plates' option with Tesla when that time came around. But since the plates ended up arriving first it seems easier to just have them put straight on. The Tesla registration form says I need to include the other form if doing custom plates, but they (understandably) didn't send a copy. I've asked them for one, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Edit - Form received. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

I think it is the chassis number anyway. Good to see a Brotonne Bridge delivery of a 4491xx.

Just got 'the call' - I never thought it would come!

ACT delivery, P-, Blue, VIN: 4883XX
Reservation 03/09/2018
Order 06/06/2019

Lovely lady did offer Alexandria pickup but said it would make marginal difference in delivery time. Will be sending invoice in a couple of days and apparently another gentleman will be reaching out to me with a firm date.
Received a voicemail/text about 5 minutes after the call suggesting an end of September delivery.

Hi Graz3r, looking forward to seeing you out and about in Canberra after your delivery. Not long now!

So after being originally scheduled for delivery in the 16th, i couldn't make that and rearranged about a month ago for the 20th when i was back in town. They since tried to reschedule me to the 27th which i couldn't make and we renegotiated the 24th.

So my car was due for delivery in perth this coming Tuesday 24th until i got the dreaded call from tesla... and now it's been brought forward to Monday :)

So perth people have hope!

I got a call yesterday to change delivery from next Monday to next Friday (27th)... apparently some delays on the way over to Perth... can't wait now!!

Received my invoice by email this afternoon!!

My confirmed VIN is 5036XX

Interestingly, the email states I'll be picking up the car from the Brisbane showroom, however my delivery adviser said I will be receiving home delivery. I live in Townsville, so home delivery is my only option.
Invoice has my delivery address as my home address too.

View attachment 456583
With that build date, it makes it on Melina. It can’t be earlier. It isn’t in the country yet.

The system is bizarre. I am 7 days from delivery. No invoice. Car has been in country since August 16.

• Love
Reactions: technerdx6000