Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested to know whether any Australian SR+ (without FSD) v10 updates provided the following features

Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming To All Tesla Model 3s
Tesla is now enabling browser access on all Model 3s. So even if you have the Standard Range Plus or Standard Range car, you'll still get access to the new features in V10.0 like Spotify, Slacker, and TuneIn as long as you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
If you're after an equivalent lightning cable for a non-wireless charging iPhone check out this one from the same seller.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07KG5C3Q6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_tSMKDbVNES8VH

I've also ordered this Y splitter USB cable which will I will use as an extension cable and connect an USB drive for dashcam/sentry mode.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01EL7INUG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_BTMKDb1V10ZQX
For those that already have the car - will a regular lightning cable not fit? Or do you need one of these L-shaped connectors? And if you do, how long does the cable need to be?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
In the top left-hand corner my screen says "Passenger Airbag: ON". Even when there's no passenger. Is that working as intended?
I suspect that should be on always unless you have a rear facing child seat fitted there. Like with all other cars, if the car detects a compatible child seat, it needs to disable that airbag. For all other situations the airbag usually stays on.

• Informative
Reactions: Davvvvvo and OzVic
Just had the wall charger installed by Johnstone Electrics. $440 for the Tesla wall charger install plus $50 for adding a 10amp out the front so I can trickle charge using the portable charger if the Tesla is relegated to the front lawn.

Single phase, used 4mm core cable which for that distance would be rated at 26amps or a bit more. Put in 20amp rcd/breaker and set the wall charger dial thingy to 6 for 20 amps. Car charges at ~35km/h so that’s absolutely fine for me. I’m on 3 rate electricity so set schedule to 11pm and hey presto I get the cheapest rates.

So anybody on the west/south west side of Melbourne (I’m in werribee) looking for a sparky who has done a Tesla wall charger before, try Johnstone Electrics.

Attachments

• 77FEA220-97A5-464B-B20B-A0A11D9FBA03.jpeg
    77FEA220-97A5-464B-B20B-A0A11D9FBA03.jpeg
    802.9 KB · Views: 62
  • B2BE9ECE-795A-4C8D-B13F-5853A420251B.jpeg
    B2BE9ECE-795A-4C8D-B13F-5853A420251B.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 42
Hey does anybody know if you can turn off the back seat sensors? Can’t find it in the manual or the screen menus.

With the dog in the back seat his buckle strap thingy goes into the left seat, but when he moves over to the right seat it bongs the seatbelt warning at me.