Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you 3's paint is 100% as I thought mine was until I cleaned the car. Now Tesla doesn't reply to emails so I'll have to personally go and see them.

I was prompted by this to take a closer look at my 3 last night. On Tuesday night I found a big but fixable and shallow clear coat scratch, but last night I found missing paint on panel ridges on the drivers door ( just below mirror) and behind the rear door. Looks like it’s missing paint under the clear coat. It is cosmetic as I don’t think it will get worse, but at the same time you don’t want to listen to a couple of my pedantic friends and relatives making comments. I will point it out to Tesla because they need to fix this if they want to appeal to a broader market. Because it’s missing it would need a respray and I am wondering which is worse going forward. Remember, I didn’t see this when I picked the car up, but it was under lights at the time and I didn’t have a “wing man” to help identify issues.

Being realistic, I think we are still seeing the results of a company struggling to grow. I suspect they are not doing the current volume comfortably so they are cutting corners. I am somewhat forgiving right now because of the mission and because you are paying for the big battery, not a premium fossil car. At the same time painting the car properly is pretty basic and they need to improve.

Being realistic, I think we are still seeing the results of a company struggling to grow. I suspect they are not doing the current volume comfortably so they are cutting corners. I am somewhat forgiving right now because of the mission and because you are paying for the big battery, not a premium fossil car. At the same time painting the car properly is pretty basic and they need to improve.
It seems pretty clear to me that Tesla are production constrained at Fremont, and are basically stuck at around 7500 cars per week no matter what. Despite brave promises over a year ago that they would be ramping up to 10,000 per week this year, they have never been able to get production sustainably above the 7500 level. So if there is something inherent in the factory design, size and process, they will not get above this level without factory expansion - or cutting some corners on QA.

Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai will help, since all China production will come from there, leaving Fremont to produce for the rest of the world. But it won’t be long before they will need Gigafactory 4 in Europe to take Tesla to the next level of growth. Their high capex investment needs are not going away any time soon if they want to get to 500k to 1M cars per year.

Did anyone else's car just randomly notify them that it's ready for pickup after its service (it hasn't been dropped-off/serviced, it's sitting in the garage!)? Shows up that way in the app, too:

81oh4rO.png

Guess it's feeling lonely?

Last edited:
see they're advertising LR AWD as well but assume there's no stock
yes , I took a look, but there arent even any Tesla Model 3 LR AWD to take a test drive (I am in Sydney) - unless they have just received a demo - havent heard - they did tell me when i took a test drive in a SR+ , around the 01st September, that if I ordered around 10th September, that I shouldnt really expect stock of the LR AWD until November. (She wasnt sure, but that was what she had "heard" . She also told me that they dont really get told in advance that - they kind of find out when we find out , or just before :) I think the local staff have to field a lot of communication questions that they are not actually equipped to answer.

My less than a week old Model 3 was attacked in an Inner West parking lot yesterday. Thankfully it was all caught on camera in Sentry mode.

Police have not apprehended the perpetrator at this stage and the motive remains unclear, but if any one can identify the male vandal kicking my car (starting at 0.22 min into the video), please contact the authorities.

Thankfully, no visible damage sustained by Shadowfax.

Got version 10, no FSD, SR+
They have enabled media streaming "temporarily"!!
There's a new Spotify and Tune-in icon in the media player (new for me, not sure if full premium interior people already had this).
It all works really well.
I wonder if this has been done to get me used to it, so that when they finally roll out the paid streaming service, I'll immediately buy.

I think you could safely bet your house that's exactly why they've done it!