Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another MSM SR+ on Gold Coast. I picked up mine last Friday also MSM SR+

nice :) congrats.

Did you have your delivery scheduling call on or after Friday 20th Sep? just wondering if you maybe got my assigned VIN haha :p I wish I screenshotted it now before it was deassigned to compare.

Personalised plates? If so, slimline front, standard rear? We have requested Maroon on White initially, still deciding on a PPQ combo to change to post delivery.

Not entirely true. I had a very pleasant service experience with Tesla Brisbane. Got mine way sooner than expected and had no issues.

Welcome. Another MSM SR+ on Gold Coast. I picked up mine last Friday also MSM SR+ :)
So you 3's paint is 100% as I thought mine was until I cleaned the car. Now Tesla doesn't reply to emails so I'll have to personally go and see them.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Add me to the list of Brisbane people for the SR+ in MSM. Still waiting for mine though! They did say mid-October, but no VIN yet.

Nice, that's 3 of us (I'm sure there's a lot more locally). How long ago did you reserve/order?

Day 1 (online, first 5mins) reservation holder here, but only placed the order late August (just before the price rise), after doing a test drive.

nice :) congrats.

Did you have your delivery scheduling call on or after Friday 20th Sep? just wondering if you maybe got my assigned VIN haha :p I wish I screenshotted it now before it was deassigned to compare.

Personalised plates? If so, slimline front, standard rear? We have requested Maroon on White initially, still deciding on a PPQ combo to change to post delivery.
I put my order in on 26 August and first noticed the VIN on my account on 3rd September. That VIN never changed. They called and gave me tentative delivery for 30th September on 16th September. I got my finance approved on 26th September. An hour after getting Finance approved, got call from Tesla saying that they would like to bring my delivery forward to 27th September, so picked up the car less than 24 hours after getting finance approved. Same VIN as the one visible on my account for 3 weeks by then :)

Reactions: Techno-phile
I put my order in on 26 August and first noticed the VIN on my account on 3rd September. That VIN never changed. They called and gave me tentative delivery for 30th September on 16th September. I got my finance approved on 26th September. An hour after getting Finance approved, got call from Tesla saying that they would like to bring my delivery forward to 27th September, so picked up the car less than 24 hours after getting finance approved. Same VIN as the one visible on my account for 3 weeks by then :)

wow nice, that sounds like the timing was like clockwork! and yea you didn't get our VIN :)

someone who now has an SR+ MSM in Brisbane probably got a lucky last minute delivery, wouldn't be surprised.

Nice, that's 3 of us (I'm sure there's a lot more locally). How long ago did you reserve/order?

Day 1 (online, first 5mins) reservation holder here, but only placed the order late August (just before the price rise), after doing a test drive.

No res, ordered September 3rd once they said prices were rising. I beat the rise by a week.

Damn that's lucky getting it in 5 weeks. Must have been a cancellation I guess. Good for you :)

Last night, I logged a service appointment for Homelink via the Tesla app and got an appointment on October 22 at Richmond. This morning they rang to say the parts arent available yet, and could be up to 3 months away.

Got told end of year for Homelink, maybe that’s why it’s not included in builds - supply issue. Anyone have a list of compatible homelink doors in OZ?

Just ordered one. Kind of sucks for all those who ordered and waited for them. Wonder if it will even work, if it doesn't I'll return it.

Got the new wheels mounted today! Looks great!!!!

upload_2019-10-3_21-16-32.png

I'm sure someone else must have already noticed, but with the V10 update your Sentry Mode clips include the rear camera view.

Also saw a red P+ at lunch today. First Model 3 I've seen locally (excluding my own). 4617XX series VIN, not in the tracker as far as I can tell. The only red P+ 4617XX in the tracker is in NSW, and this one is definitely registered in QLD (as of 27 September).

Parked a few spots down from mine. Managed to grab a quick photo with both cars in frame as it was pulling out. :)

jMlsmeX.jpg

So has anyone heard anything about LR AWDs? Aside from some lucky ducks getting P3D- instead...
I asked about that yesterday, their response was "maybe", and that it was mainly down out of Sydney for end of quarter.
I suppose it comes down to when they're actually planning on shipping any LR AWD cars to Australia. There's some Bins assigned, but only for NZ, and I don't think any of them have had delivery arranged yet.

Here are my thoughts on Sentry power drain. I am certain it could be made more power efficient but it was an afterthought. The cameras were originally just for autonomous driving. Therefore, it isn't the least bit surprising that having the systems on burns power. Also, remember that the ultrasonic sensors are always on along with the cameras. The ultrasonics are used to determine when to save the camera feeds.

Even if Sentry is turned off there is some drain. The car is never fully off unless you power it down in the car's menu. Even then a few things remain on. The car has to be able to recognize when to unlock. In normal power down the car is still connected to the internet lest you need to wake the car.

Damn that's lucky getting it in 5 weeks. Must have been a cancellation I guess. Good for you :)
I suspect it was not a cancellation. I suspect they kept that car for me from the start. I had a reservation for almost 2 years and I chatted to the Brisbane team on occasion about the specific spec I was going to order. I did tell them I was waiting to see if the LR RWD would come available and I wanted a tow hook, but if those did not come, I would order SR+ in MSM. The 3 days before the first M3 test drive cars arrived to Brisbane, they called me and offered a test drive and told me the LR RWD would not be available and I can get tow hook added after delivery. I was one of the first to get the test drive on M3 in Brisbane. After that they called me at least once a week asking if I was ready to finally put down the order. Every time they called they stressed the point that since I had a reasonably early reservation, If I ordered before they start delivering cars, I would get into priority queue, but if I waited longer, I would miss the first priority and have to wait longer. So when they called and said the price was going up, I finally did put in the order and less then a week later I had the VIN assigned. I have a suspicion, they meant that car from me as soon as it was assigned to Brisbane team.
When many people complained about no communications or bad experience with Tesla, I have had a very good constant communication from them and had very good delivery experience. I am very happy with my experience with them :)