Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has not delivered any LR AWD models yet. Suggest you ask for a different config like P3D- if you want your car sooner.
Well, firstly P3D- is not an offered configuration any more. Very, very long wait now for those :D Second, I don’t want my car “sooner”, I want it when it’s ready. The Configurator said “late Nov” delivery when I ordered on the weekend, so that’s what I’m expecting... :p:p:p

My question was one merely of curiosity, not of agitation. Looks like Tesla is “bundling up” all the LR AWD orders for late Nov (or whenever the date actually turns out to be :)), when they have enough orders batched up to actually make them. If the order volumes are really low for LR AWD then no wonder they are not offering interior colour choice.

I will be an odd man out here... I won’t be checking my Tesla Account HTML for hidden VINs, I won’t be tracking any cargo ships, and I won’t be ringing or emailing Tesla every second day to ask them “where is my car?”. One day, I will get an email or a phone call from them to arrange delivery, and I’ll go from there.

Every day it plays 2/3 songs then I get the spinning wheel of death and have so soft reset the car. Have a premium account with spotify. Tried a hard reset with the brake pedal but exactly the same results after a few songs are played. I pretty much rely on the radio as spotify is useless to me.

Yes, same issue here on Model 3 and Model X - both on v2019.32.12.2.

Logs into the premium account fine, loads up playlists and favourites etc. all fine, initial few songs seem to play fine. The problem starts when you start skipping songs, or jumping ahead in the playlist. It just hangs (refuses to load things like going back to main menu to load up a different playlist) or it shows the new song to be playing but there is no sound actually coming out at all. Even a screen reset using double nipple method doesnt fix it.

It's gotten so annoying that I am just using my phone to play spotify via bluetooth.

Reactions: Davvvvvo
Does anyone know how to to prevent the car from switching off after 30min? I. E. While listening to music.

I found if the cqr is not plugged in you cna put it into neutral and put the parking break on.

While its plugged in the only thing which seems to work is a heavy bag in the drivers seat...

You STILL waiting? Thought existing owners were meant to have priority and you ordered ASAP? I only ordered July 1.
Reserved day 1, ordered day 1 but foolishly told them I was abroad (incl Fremont and Gigafactory) until mid September, so they put me on the back burner:).
But the good news is that all my referrals have been delivered and are spreading the word.

Last edited:
I see you have a VIN assigned. I'd say this is the case for all original orders of the P-. I highly doubt Tesla is upgrading LR AWD orders without first assigning them to the existing orders.
They did upgrade several LR AWD to P3D- at the end of last quarter. Obviously couldn't get one to Perth in time for 30/9/19. Only just got a hidden VIN last week, and many have been upgraded before that. I am not in a rush anyway, since I am hoping for external speakers with coconuts.

• Funny
Reactions: baillies
If you want that you'll be waiting a while or have to DIY it, don't think they'll be rushing that legislation through here and your P3D- will have been built no later than mid August.
Tesla often add hardware even if not required for a particular market. Yes, I am worried my hidden VIN was built mid August. Maybe I'll be the ?first? one to reject their car :)