Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed on the Model 3 ordering page that the LR AWD cars have an estimated delivery of December where the other two variants have an estimated February delivery.

That must mean that Tesla have a stockpile of LR cars in a warehouse ready to go without the usual 2-3 month wait (or an error on their ordering page)
Yes I have noticed this. I think it is more a case of the current shipments arriving having unsold LRs on them. Not a warehouse with unsold cars sitting around.

Reactions: baillies
Yes I have noticed this. I think it is more a case of the current shipments arriving having unsold LRs on them. Not a warehouse with unsold cars sitting around.
Or they haven’t updated their website with current delivery timeframes since they’re too busy prepping cars :p

It looks like this current wave of deliveries is nearly as big as the first one. So it will be very interesting to see in Q1 and Q2 next year what “steady state” looks like or whether growth continues with word-of-mouth etc and petrol prices going through the roof. I filled my Camry up for the final time last week, and was a bit shocked at where prices are at. But from now on I officially don’t care any more :D

seriously doesn’t work out like that, I got given that line and I can tell you the MCU1 is frustrating slow, massive pauses when you press the voice activation button and for 2 of the 4 years of ownership was like this....Tesla wouldn’t entertain doing anything about it and just said maybe an update will fix it and said it is not a hardware issue.....so gets better all the time isn’t always the case.

Tbh considering what you save on maintainance you could just upgrade the MCU. It's 2000 dollars.

Just a reminder for those getting their P3+ cars with grey wheels.

Whoever wants to swap for a new pair of silver 20’s I’d be up for it and will pay the swap cost. Located in Melbourne.

Removed straight after delivery (as I currently have 18” on) so it would be a like for like swap.

I had a feeling my cheap from the markets $10 floor mats would get me by until a set of reasonable and right hand drive floor mats came along and it appears they have.

Today I ordered a set of Australian made RHD Model 3 floor mats for $99 including delivery from FitMyCar.

The ones for the Model 3 are not listed on their web site yet, but can be ordered via their eBay listing.

Their web site: FitMyCar
eBay: Model 3 Floor Mats

I had a feeling my cheap from the markets $10 floor mats would get me by until a set of reasonable and right hand drive floor mats came along and it appears they have.

Today I ordered a set of Australian made RHD Model 3 floor mats for $99 including delivery from FitMyCar.

The ones for the Model 3 are not listed on their web site yet, but can be ordered via their eBay listing.

Their web site: FitMyCar
eBay: Model 3 Floor Mats
The other option would be to go with the Tesla ones, that are a little more expensive.
I bought those:
Model 3 Carpet Interior Mats
M3, RHD, FLOOR MAT KIT, END ITEM(1454759-00-B) through Tesla service here. They were $131.82 plus tax, so ended up just about $145
So far I am happy with them :)

Reactions: BarnabySydney

From looking at the VINs and cross checking against Veda's spreadsheets... It looks like all of the cars listed in the inventory are on Debussy and due to arrive on Dec 6. Supports the idea that Tesla shipped unordered cars this quarter.

Strangely though, all the car listed in Inventory are Performance Models which the web-site lists as for a February delivery.
LR AWD still listed on the web site as a December delivery but not spares showing up in the inventory.

I wonder if Tesla are deliberately putting out misleading/conflicting info to give us all something to sleuth about while we wait? It's certainly keeping me entertained. :D

It looks like a better solution too - much wider load distribution on the anchor point. The Tesla rack seems to depend on a fairly small bolt and hook with a lot of stress raising points.
Out of the blue got the sms from Tesla & picked up my roof racks today.
I think it’s a clever system, with its neat concealed fixing
As for load distribution, I largely disagree because you still have rubber pads under each roof bar foot to disperse load pressure
But I can see where you’re coming from with the sing bolt fixing holding the bar on

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Out of the blue got the sms from Tesla & picked up my roof racks today.
I think it’s a clever system, with its neat concealed fixing
As for load distribution, I largely disagree because you still have rubber pads under each roof bar foot to disperse load pressure
But I can see where you’re coming from with the sing bolt fixing holding the bar on

I’d be keen to see how you get on with it as time goes by.

It looks like a better solution too - much wider load distribution on the anchor point. The Tesla rack seems to depend on a fairly small bolt and hook with a lot of stress raising points.
Wow, When I wrote to Yakima they said they would not be selling them in Aus, I asked if they would allow me to order a US version they said no. And Now a December 23 expected to be available.
Yakima - Roof Racks and Accessories To Suit Most Models

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok and Hairyman
Does anyone have recommendations for window tinting in Melbourne? A few hundred posts back someone suggested Dr. Tint, but I don't know whether any other shop has been mentioned, and it's hard to go through so many posts.

Any suggestions from current owners to new owners like myself will be greatly appreciated! :)

No you cannot, you can pay for a new MCU ($4,500 not $2,000) and they will only put in a MCU1.0, not 2.0.....
From what I read the AP computer 2.5 is compatible with AP computer 3.0, so those can be upgraded but swapping in the newer one, but I have not heard about the MCU or older AP compatibility between versions, so I suspect you might be right that to get the newer computer, you may need to swap the car for a newer model.

From what I read the AP computer 2.5 is compatible with AP computer 3.0, so those can be upgraded but swapping in the newer one, but I have not heard about the MCU or older AP compatibility between versions, so I suspect you might be right that to get the newer computer, you may need to swap the car for a newer model.

From what I have seen in other threads in the non AU part of this site, EcoCloudIT is exactly right. You can not upgrade an MCU 1 to 2. The architecture is completely different and the way it interfaces between the two screens in an S or X is completely different. As usual, one bloke got it to work by swapping out the entire screen assembly and some other parts on his Model S, but Tesla does not do this.

Does anyone have recommendations for window tinting in Melbourne? A few hundred posts back someone suggested Dr. Tint, but I don't know whether any other shop has been mentioned, and it's hard to go through so many posts.

Any suggestions from current owners to new owners like myself will be greatly appreciated! :)

Without a doubt Rob from Ringwood is the best in Melbourne:

Car Tint PTY Ltd.
0417 755 537

I cannot recommend him more, you can watch your car being tinted, he’s an absolute gentleman and without a doubt the finish is dead on perfect.

I’m an OCD nut, even pisses me off (don’t get my started on how the wife feels about it) and I have zero complaints with Robs work.

I live in Malvern East and the trip to Ringwood was well worth while trip.