Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in far north Queensland over 1500 ks from the nearest tesla dealer. Can anyone advise me if the tesla metallic blue is similar to the metallic blue found on any other current model car? The tesla blue looks slightly different on our 2 computers and we are trying to decide whether to buy the blue or the plain white. Thanks in advance.
It is a dead ringer for Audi Scuba Blue

It is a dead ringer for Audi Scuba Blue
I think you might be right there. On the weekend I should be able to get a shot of my car beside a blue Audi and blue Jag for comparison. In the mean time, this might be useful to show how the blue compares to a fairly common mazda 6 blue.

upload_2020-6-4_10-56-49.png

I live in far north Queensland over 1500 ks from the nearest tesla dealer. Can anyone advise me if the tesla metallic blue is similar to the metallic blue found on any other current model car? The tesla blue looks slightly different on our 2 computers and we are trying to decide whether to buy the blue or the plain white. Thanks in advance.

The blue looks better in real life than it does on pictures in direct sunlight. the best way to look at at the blue is to find a picture which was taken in the rain. For some reason if a picture was taken in sunlight it tends to look very light.
It's more of a medium dark blue.

I am wondering if any recommendation about the floor mat and console wrap or cover.
If you are getting LR or P then floor mats come included (at least they did with mine). I am perfectly happy with them. To me the all-weather mats look too industrial, unless you have a genuine need for them (you regularly have muddy boots etc).

For console wraps, I got Abstract Ocean ones. They look great, not too difficult to apply smoothly and evenly, and I’ve not had any issues with the wrap lifting, even on the curved edges on the cup holders.

Can anyone advise me if the tesla metallic blue is similar to the metallic blue found on any other current model car?

As promised some colour comparison shots. Cars are dirty but you get the idea.

The Audi Scuba blue is very similar. The Tesla blue is more saturated. While the Audi has more of a grey tone. Then even more grey/black for the F type.

upload_2020-6-6_14-20-21.png
upload_2020-6-6_14-23-35.png

upload_2020-6-6_14-34-6.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman