Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they SMS you before you had to call them? How long in advance did the SMS come?
I got SMS updates regularly in the last 10 days leading up to the delivery. Before that it was nothing. I kept getting SMS every couple of days or so and then called them to confirm what to do and got the confirmation SMS for 'click and collect' after the call.

I paid the balance over a week ago and have chased up a few times to get confirmation that they received payment but only radio silence. Estimated delivery on the website changed from June 3 - June 17 to June 7 - June 16 now. Haven't got any SMS notifications yet.

Post order customer service has been quite poor, it shouldn't be that hard to respond to an email or check if payment has been received? Maybe it is just my "sales advisor"? Or are you guys having the same experience?

I paid the balance over a week ago and have chased up a few times to get confirmation that they received payment but only radio silence. Estimated delivery on the website changed from June 3 - June 17 to June 7 - June 16 now. Haven't got any SMS notifications yet.

Post order customer service has been quite poor, it shouldn't be that hard to respond to an email or check if payment has been received? Maybe it is just my "sales advisor"? Or are you guys having the same experience?

Same experience as well. Dates got shifted by 4 days, no contact about the shift or my order. Last communication I got was advising that floor mats are now included in the SR+.

Yep I can vouch for the experience being the same. I had to constantly call them to get updates on where it was. Most of the time it was we will let you know when its ready but no specific time or info given out. Sales CX is pretty bad and the only way it can be better is if they invest in getting more delivery centres and service centres.

Yep I can vouch for the experience being the same. I had to constantly call them to get updates on where it was. Most of the time it was we will let you know when its ready but no specific time or info given out. Sales CX is pretty bad and the only way it can be better is if they invest in getting more delivery centres and service centres.

So whats the go with the delivery estimate dates on the account? It said 3-17th June, today it says 7th - 16th June, so a tighter window. I know the car was dropped off at port kembla.

Are those dates fairly accurate? Should I be getting the first sms / call soon? (all is paid for and documents filled)

And I am in the same boat as you (literally). I called up and the best they could tell me is that the SMS gets sent based on how deep your car was within the freight ship, so the first ones out get the calls first. They couldn't tell me any more than that, and I haven't hear a peep from my assigned sales rep since I paid the funds, even after an SMS and Email to follow up.

Yeah, Tesla customer service and sales could be a lot better. It reflects poorly on the organisation, and not good enough given the price of the product they sell and the market cap of the business. They either need to resource up more, pay better, or both.

And I am in the same boat as you (literally). I called up and the best they could tell me is that the SMS gets sent based on how deep your car was within the freight ship, so the first ones out get the calls first. They couldn't tell me any more than that, and I haven't hear a peep from my assigned sales rep since I paid the funds, even after an SMS and Email to follow up.
They finally got back to me and confirmed my funds got transferred all good. Thanks for the info above, so I guess I'll just wait for the SMS notifications. Hopefully we are near the front of the freight ship!

I am waiting on my Model 3 Performance (White on white). Estimated Delivery: June 08 - June 17. Did narrow last week so had to be the Morning Clara ship.

Here is my interpretation -
  1. Port Kembla takes 3 days to clear the car - So arrived 31 May say it clears 2 June
  2. Autonexus says they take up to 5 days to process - So 3 June to 9 June
  3. Then you probably get the text from Tesla when there is more certainty - So 9 June
  4. Then transport to your location, mine is Brisbane. So probably w/c 14 June
I still have no txt either and followed up the garage a few times, they don't know anymore than we do.

Cheers

@race4life81 @degineer @Vostok

I am waiting on my Model 3 Performance (White on white). Estimated Delivery: June 08 - June 17. Did narrow last week so had to be the Morning Clara ship.

Here is my interpretation -
  1. Port Kembla takes 3 days to clear the car - So arrived 31 May say it clears 2 June
  2. Autonexus says they take up to 5 days to process - So 3 June to 9 June
  3. Then you probably get the text from Tesla when there is more certainty - So 9 June
  4. Then transport to your location, mine is Brisbane. So probably w/c 14 June
I still have no txt either and followed up the garage a few times, they don't know anymore than we do.

Cheers

@race4life81 @degineer @Vostok

Sounds reasonable. I am in Sydney, so hopefully the 9 June Date is fairly accurate. Interesting enough, Morning Clara did stop at Brisbane before coming to Wollongong, you would think they would have unloaded your car there, unless they don't unload Teslas at Brisbane.