Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You think they would have thought of that before launching the site. I was expecting no transport costs. It is super clear in the Design Studio. It seems like they do stuff and then think about it. (Warm Silver....oops, oh crap.....um, Titanium!)

Exactly! Though if we want to road trip up to NY, pick yours up, then drive down to DC and pick mine up, I'm game! :)

So is the delivery fee of $500 charged even if you buy from your local area?

From my Owner Advisor...
Any moves from one city to another are $500. Moves from different regions are more. Minimum is $500 if it has to go to another city
Delivery emailed me about this today

500 min, 1,000 out of "region", 1,500 cross-country I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I opened a new thread to discuss not using a shipper/tranporter and driving the car home myself here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/46663-Road-Trip-to-Buy-a-Tesla?p=992335#post992335

Taking CPO delivery in 2hrs from now. Can't wait, too bad it's going to storm here and my beautifully detailed Tesla will look like sh!t by the time I get home. Foam bath over the weekend will take care of that ;)

I understand you locked yours before the site went live, but since you are local to your car, can you please let us know if you were subject to a delivery fee? I was told that would be avoided on CPOs if you pick it up from the home area of the car. Thanks in advance and congrats!!! "Pics or it didn't happen" applies! :)

I understand you locked yours before the site went live, but since you are local to your car, can you please let us know if you were subject to a delivery fee? I was told that would be avoided on CPOs if you pick it up from the home area of the car. Thanks in advance and congrats!!! "Pics or it didn't happen" applies! :)

Given that the program was so new at the time, rewind 3 weeks, they shipped the car from Atlanta and I did _not_ incur a delivery fee. Now if I had switched over to the local P85 then I would have had to pay the delivery fee on the S60 since it wasn't a locally stocked vehicle. Probably doesn't help you however timing is everything I guess, regardless, you got a sweet deal so the $500 shouldn't hurt too much jk

Given that the program was so new at the time, rewind 3 weeks, they shipped the car from Atlanta and I did _not_ incur a delivery fee. Now if I had switched over to the local P85 then I would have had to pay the delivery fee on the S60 since it wasn't a locally stocked vehicle. Probably doesn't help you however timing is everything I guess, regardless, you got a sweet deal so the $500 shouldn't hurt too much jk

No, $500 to ship from DC to Charlotte is not bad. Just a little irked to be told a week later that there would be a delivery fee vs. none. That said, I am being told there is no fee if I come up to DC and pick up the car myself. Opened a thread on that. Delta has a flight to DCA for $100 two weeks out, $200 more recent. I may go that route and enjoy the drive back.

No, $500 to ship from DC to Charlotte is not bad. Just a little irked to be told a week later that there would be a delivery fee vs. none. That said, I am being told there is no fee if I come up to DC and pick up the car myself. Opened a thread on that. Delta has a flight to DCA for $100 two weeks out, $200 more recent. I may go that route and enjoy the drive back.

Do it. Very easy drive. Nothing better than a tesla road trip.

It is good to know that if you pick up the car locally there is no $500 fee.

If I were you I'd fly up to DC to pick up the car. Maybe they can pick you up at the airport in your new car :) A Mercedes dealer once did that for us when we bought out of state.

Too bad I-81 and I-66 has no supercharger coverage as that would have made a nice scenic drive back for you.