Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were all these service items part of the CPO preparation, or are these things that had been done over the life of the car? Some of those items seem impossibly expensive to be part of a routine CPO prep. New DU and battery? That makes the car largely new despite the low VIN if it was done last week. I wonder if those were replaced two years ago or something like that.

I was trying to attach the Service Records, but all the good stuff is on page 4 of the CPO work. Page 1 - 3 is just door handles and charger connectors.

The car was traded in in August and this work was done in October.

I was trying to attach the Service Records, but all the good stuff is on page 4 of the CPO work. Page 1 - 3 is just door handles and charger connectors.

The car was traded in in August and this work was done in October.

u sure it wasn't the 12v battery that didn't get replaced instead of the main 85 one? I'd check your "A" vs "B,D,etc" battery to be sure as the original one most likely was an "A" version......and if they really did replace the main battery, then u got a steal!!!

cf61c81cb50c7139c3a3d18f3a53e80d.jpg

f03fb9d63a4dd1bdcd08d6c9eec4f75e.jpg

Where do I look for this Battery code?

I believe if you turn the front wheels all the way left, you can peer in and read the label on the battery.

What's the difference? Minor revisions, or major changes?

Someone else will need to answer, I don't know the specifics. I think the biggest change was the A packs only allowed max 90kw charging, whereas the later packs allow 120kw, but I'm not certain on those numbers.

Where do I look for this Battery code?

What's the difference? Minor revisions, or major changes?

Turn wheel, look under driver front wheel well.

short version for the TL;DR crowd is that it really doesn't matter a ton, you'll charge slower at a supercharger sometimes but not all the time.

Long version at Older Teslas limited to 90kW Supercharging It's 1600+ posts but worth reading if you like a tech saga.

Turn wheel, look under driver front wheel well.

short version for the TL;DR crowd is that it really doesn't matter a ton, you'll charge slower at a supercharger sometimes but not all the time.

Long version at Older Teslas limited to 90kW Supercharging It's 1600+ posts but worth reading if you like a tech saga.

Dude, that's a lot of posts. I'll take your summary. I don't have a month to read all that....

Miamibeacher, please be sure to post back here once you get the car and check the label on the battery visually. (Even if we have strayed to yet another topic.) The A battery thing isn't a showstopper for most people but a B battery or newer is certainly preferable to those who plan to supercharge a lot.

The "A" battery will charge at a slightly slower rate at a SC station. Tesla has said it is only a 4-5 minutes difference, but there has been some indication that it could be as much as 10 minutes. By the way, I thought it was on the passenger side- turn the wheel all the way to the left and look in the passenger wheel well. You will see a label on the battery. I think it is at the end where it says the series. From "B" on, it was not a concern.

Our 2013 CPO Tesla Model S was produced with the 'A' battery pack, has >70000 km on it over three years of driving, charges to >97% original capacity, and supercharges at 90kW peak, which is another way of saying 400 km of range for every hour of charge, meaning, 200 km of range added in 30 minutes. Putting that into perspective, we saved a massive amount off new, and while we don't have autopilot or folding mirrors, we do have a Tesla in our driveway that we love!

I believe if you turn the front wheels all the way left, you can peer in and read the label on the battery.

Someone else will need to answer, I don't know the specifics. I think the biggest change was the A packs only allowed max 90kw charging, whereas the later packs allow 120kw, but I'm not certain on those numbers.

This is correct.....however, u don't need to turn the wheel, just bend down and peer at the white sticker on the front passenger wheel well side towards the bottom....that 120kw does help btw (my est. is around 10-15 mins of extra time.....and every time u supercharge? Yeah, u got a good deal If they let u keep the "B" pack!

This is correct.....however, u don't need to turn the wheel, just bend down and peer at the white sticker on the front passenger wheel well side towards the bottom....that 120kw does help btw (my est. is around 10-15 mins of extra time.....and every time u supercharge? Yeah, u got a good deal If they let u keep the "B" pack!

Well I really hope it's the "B" pack, although it's not a make-it-or-break-it, situation.

We take delivery on Thursday at 11am! So much excitement.

Something is definitely up. All weekend, your site and the CPO site were not syncing up.
I doubt its for a big year end sales push since most of these cars will not actually get delivered by the end of the year.

I don't think this has happened before. P56415 is an Inventory car shown as available on the Tesla CPO site in Orange County/San Diego (the last car listed), but when you click on it, it's not available. Therefore, this car also shows up on EV-CPO as available.