Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85 is the darker grey. I got it in September, 2014. They called it Metallic Grey.

@Bet TSLA,

Bingo....that's what I'm looking for....I thought it was a later 2014 like Sept or so like yours. What VIN range is yours? That's what I'm trying to narrow down. Thanks for this! I think I've seen 41xxx in the light grey and 48xxx in the Darker Grey. I'm trying to determine around what VIN this darker grey started.

Ski

Last edited:
@DougH,

Thanks. I guess unless I see "Titanium Metallic" (which is the darker grey) it WILL be the lighter grey. It must just be the different lighting that photos are taken in and reveal. I read some older threads addressing a 'changeover' in light grey to dark gray and they were calling it 'Steel' grey, which I guess is actually the new Titanium Metallic on the CPO site.
Also what threw me was alot of 2013/14 photos of the grey looked so different, some being a washed out light grey and others being a brilliant darker metallic grey even though they must be the same color because Tesla didn't introduce Titanium grey or what your calling Midnite Silver Metallic until later....thus my confusion.

Ski

Beyond the Dolphin Gray and Steel Gray/Midnight Silver names, it is difficult to distinguish between them based on name. Titanium Metallic is a silver + brown, not a gray. The pictures you are showing are dolphin vs. steel, which today is called Midnigt Silver.

You best option is to just use the paint code in one of the CPO 3rd Party sites.

Dolphin Gray = PMTG
Steel Gray/Midnight Silver = PMNG
Titanium Silver = PPTI
Silver = PMSS

My Dolphin Gray vs. Steel Gray/Midnight Silver:
image.jpeg

My MVPA said "Gray Metallic".

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Beyond the Dolphin Gray and Steel Gray/Midnight Silver names, it is difficult to distinguish between them based on name. Titanium Metallic is a silver + brown, not a gray. The pictures you are showing are dolphin vs. steel, which today is called Midnigt Silver.

You best option is to just use the paint code in one of the CPO 3rd Party sites.

Dolphin Gray = PMTG
Steel Gray/Midnight Silver = PMNG
Titanium Silver = PPTI
Silver = PMSS

My Dolphin Gray vs. Steel Gray/Midnight Silver:
View attachment 189183

My MVPA said "Gray Metallic".

@Cyclone,

You're right. Probably my best bet. Thank you for those codes.

Ski

We are showing 163 Model X's available. I just clicked on each one to confirm all 163 are available! Tesla Inventory Search

All are inventory and range between 50-6,245 miles and $84,100-$151,450. Also some have already been reduced by up to $7,700 since yesterday!

In total there are 638 Teslas available. The most we have ever seen!

All of these X qualify for the $1,000 referral credit!

Thanks Erik

Reactions: Fiver
And "The Surge" continues... there are now 604 Model S cars (both CPO/Inventory) for sale.

But in bigger news, there are now 100 Facelift Inventory Model S cars available for sale.

Interesting to see what is being added. Also would like to point out that there's quite a few cars on your site that are listed as having white interiors but they don't actually have white interiors.