Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That car did make it onto EV-CPO..it was just removed this morning. It was listed for $72,200.

Gotta act fast with these unicorns!

I was discussing this car with an Owner Advisor yesterday evening, and was debating on putting a deposit on it this morning with the OA... I was also told, most likely incorrectly, that the car was an inventory vehicle. She said it came up in her "Inventory" listing, but by the time I requested that she double/triple confirm it, her location was closed, and she couldn't access the inventory at that point. Doubtful it was inventory, but if it was... ugh!

Other than the rarity, I'm not sure why anyone is interested in finding a P85 with AP. Is it just the rarity? A few rear wheel drive fans out there that might be interested I guess.

It would certainly be a good deal at 72K. That's what I paid for my CPO P85, but I don't have AP. I would be really surprised if the tax credit was still available on it. Could have just been listed incorrectly.

Other than the rarity, I'm not sure why anyone is interested in finding a P85 with AP. Is it just the rarity? A few rear wheel drive fans out there that might be interested I guess.

It would certainly be a good deal at 72K. That's what I paid for my CPO P85, but I don't have AP. I would be really surprised if the tax credit was still available on it. Could have just been listed incorrectly.

My reasons for being excited for a P85+ with AP? I'm in the market for a loaded P85+. I like the idea of autopilot. I don't want to pay the premium for AP on sparsely configured Model S.

I, too, am doubtful that it truly was inventory. But if it was, I missed out!

Most people are excited to see the mix of a P85+ and AP because it is relatively rare. There were very few produced during the brief period between AP was introduced and the P85D was introduced (ending the production of the P85 and P85+). Even more rare (thus the label of unicorn) is the elusive P85D+ (or P85+D, not sure what to call it). That was when a P85D was fitted with a remaining stock P85+ suspension.

Most people are excited to see the mix of a P85+ and AP because it is relatively rare. There were very few produced during the brief period between AP was introduced and the P85D was introduced (ending the production of the P85 and P85+). Even more rare (thus the label of unicorn) is the elusive P85D+ (or P85+D, not sure what to call it). That was when a P85D was fitted with a remaining stock P85+ suspension.

Even more rarer....lol....how about a P85+ with AP.....and RFS.....there was only 2 that I know of in existence and one was in FL....alas, I had to give it up as I just got my F11 a week before it popped up.

Hank, could u post the specs of that P85+ with AP here for us to see??

Meh, P85+ aren't all that.

I told my local service center after having a P85+ loaner to never give me a P85+ again. It was horrible on the roads I take to/from work. I'd even take an ICE rental for a day or two until I get my car back or another loaner frees up. But these are my personal experience. I will say that after that experience and one other + suspension ride, I was VERY happy I didn't get one. I'd be miserably on the roads I normally drive.

I told my local service center after having a P85+ loaner to never give me a P85+ again. It was horrible on the roads I take to/from work. I'd even take an ICE rental for a day or two until I get my car back or another loaner frees up. But these are my personal experience. I will say that after that experience and one other + suspension ride, I was VERY happy I didn't get one. I'd be miserably on the roads I normally drive.

@Cyclone,

Can you explain? Too stiff? I was under the understanding the handling was superb to the RWD and to some even the AWD? What didn't you like?

Ski

@Cyclone,

Can you explain? Too stiff? I was under the understanding the handling was superb to the RWD and to some even the AWD? What didn't you like?

Ski

On the imperfect roads I was traveling on, I had signifying swaying from side-to-side as the car fracked imperfections in the road. This was on 21" wheels. My 19s on air without the plus's larger anti-sway bar causes less movement like that. The ride was definitely rougher too, but that could simply be the 19s vs. 21s. I got slightly naucuous on the drive to work.

Every person is different and personally preferences will highly influence your enjoyment. For instance, my cousin's BMW 1M is much rougher than the 1 I drove for a week as a loaner (before Tesla ownership). I don't want to be a "land boat", but I dislike feeling every last crack of the road like I do in P85+s.

The + suspension is NOT bad. It's just not for me. For me, the P85 is the best Tesla, followed by pretty much any D. A 90D is likely to be my next one.