Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd stretch to the one for $60,500 and get the next gen seats, prem pack, sub zero and hifi at the expense of losing the sunroof. Is it a good deal? Well they're the cheapest you can buy with a fresh warranty but its anyone's guess what will happen in the future. All the used cars feel expensive to me.

Reactions: KJD
Well I want the sunroof since my current car doesnt have it (if they had the glass roof no open/close and also no ugly pillar, i would take that). And I don’t like the color as much.

Really? I feel like used cars are pretty cheap, especially a Tesla under warranty because it just feels like less things can break. Assuming these are good condition. It’s just my budget is closer to 55k than it is 60k and I want the dual motors.

Can someone shed some light on how the CPO database works?

Last night, for example, there were 27 85Ds listed on teslainventory.com. This morning that dropped to 17. However, using ev-cpo, there were still more than 17 listed (although still less than 27 I think). Finally...I found that some 85Ds that were listed on ev-cpo still had live links when you clicked on the VIN. It led to the official tesla page where you could click buy, but when you searched on Tesla's official CPO site that particular vehicle would not come up.

Any ideas on how the 3 databases work (ev-cpo, teslainventory, official Tesla CPO)?

Also, based on this comment:
They always have more new and used cars never listed. To get access to these unlisted cars, you need to talk to a sales associate at a store or gallery.
Who are the right people to talk to at Tesla to see all the actually available CPOs? I've been emailing back and forth with someone that has the title of "Used Vehicles Sales Advisor" at Tesla. Is this the right person or do I need to actually go in a store?

Similar question but for inventory cars (which it seems that they are no longer listing them online). Interesting side note...when I was on the Tesla website today going through the Model S new car configurator it actually popped up with message asking if i want to see an inventory car - you could click on the link and purchase. However, when I tried to search inventory cars directly, nothing comes up.

I see 4 inventory cars listed for Model S in the US at this time. So not too many overall compared to the past.
EV-CPO iirc updates every so often, it's not real time, so if a car is sold it might still be listed on Hanks site until the next update, but Hank can probably explain it better.

Where are you seeing inventory? Don't see it on Tesla's site. Maybe you're talking about ev-cpo? The cheapest one of those it all shows up in british pounds and no information about location.

I see 4 inventory cars listed for Model S in the US at this time. So not too many overall compared to the past.
EV-CPO iirc updates every so often, it's not real time, so if a car is sold it might still be listed on Hanks site until the next update, but Hank can probably explain it better.

But even if EV-CPO doesn't update often shouldn't the links be dead when I click on the VIN? The Tesla site still allows for purchase.

The sites all seem to work differently:

ev-cpo is showing MS 118/4 and MX 2/0 (CPO/Inventory)
tesla inventory MS 119/0 and MX 2/0
tesla-info is showing MS 120/292 and MX 2/36
teslastats is showing MS 0/304 and MX 0/38

(There may be others but these are the 4 I have used over time)

What's been known for a long time is the Tesla top level pages that list the cars, don't list all the cars and so going to a car directly can still work. I suspect tesla-info and teslastats also crawl for new inventory cars rather than rely on the top level Tesla pages which is why they have so much new inventory. The CPO numbers seem pretty consistent except teslastats who only seems bothered about new and I guess referrals.

Adding newly listed cars is in nearly real-time.

Removing cars that have been sold or removed happens a few times throughout the day so there can be a lag where cars are displayed, but not available for sale.

They are independent processes.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver and KJD
The sites all seem to work differently:

ev-cpo is showing MS 118/4 and MX 2/0 (CPO/Inventory)
tesla inventory MS 119/0 and MX 2/0
tesla-info is showing MS 120/292 and MX 2/36
teslastats is showing MS 0/304 and MX 0/38

(There may be others but these are the 4 I have used over time)

What's been known for a long time is the Tesla top level pages that list the cars, don't list all the cars and so going to a car directly can still work. I suspect tesla-info and teslastats also crawl for new inventory cars rather than rely on the top level Tesla pages which is why they have so much new inventory. The CPO numbers seem pretty consistent except teslastats who only seems bothered about new and I guess referrals.

Wow. Thank you so much. Tesla-info and teslastats are super useful. Can't believe inventory cars actually show up.

Now I think just wait for the right car towards the end of the quarter. Either way there's going to be a lot of browser refreshing to be done, better get to it.

2012 Model S 85 $27.8k

Pros:
  • $27.8k
  • Tech Package/Power liftgage
  • Hi-Fi sound
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Free Supercharging
  • 4,836 miles of warranty left
Cons:
  • 95,164 miles
  • Very early non-sig VIN P01625
  • 4,836 miles of warranty left