Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which one of those is the sale price? without column headers it's hard to guess.

Is it VIN, price, miles, discount meaning the discount was higher than the current price of the car? Surely that's a wrecked vehicle to go with that much of a discount.

Well - EVCPO just clarified how that all went down.

I know I have seen other Model S 85 go for in the $20k range. But yeah...makes sense now seeing the pricing chart.

And as far as honoring advertised pricing, not sure what I can expect from Tesla right now. (Still feeling some burn from todays $3200 bill on getting my car to drive again...Thanks Tesla Linux Dev Team!) SMH

Friends, sorry for posting so much...

Assuming I find Tesla’s $2000 shipping fee too high, and that I’m fine paying about $250 for a one-way, transcontinental ticket (from DC to CA, for example) and driving back to the east coast in a new-to-me Tesla, what are the reasons I would NOT consider a CPO Model S as far away as CA?

There are some good listings far away from where I live, and I don’t want to exclude those from consideration, if a flight and drive are the only dominant issues.

Thanks!

If you want to do the drive, go for it. Just know that it's not much cheaper as the cost per mile of depreciation is rather high on luxury cars. Also if you take delivery in California you will get to pay California sales tax, which is not the case if you have the car shipped.

...and check in your state if they’ll give you a credit for car sales tax paid to a different state. And if the tax is lower in your state, you don’t get back the difference from the CA sales tax paid.

and IMO, I wouldn’t worry about the depreciation on the extra miles. Tesla’s deprecate much more on time than miles.

There are some good listings far away from where I live, and I don’t want to exclude those from consideration, if a flight and drive are the only dominant issues.
Thanks!

I'm also considering this, I wonder if there're any risks such as after you flew in, you find a bunch of problems that aren't in the photo, and you refuse delivery, and now you are out extra money booking a last minute ticket back home~?

What if I pick up in Oregon then, do I pay NO sales tax then? Pretty sure the answer is no, but not sure how that works~
I think it depends on your home state. Oregon has an agreement with my home state, Colorado. When I purchased a car (a LEAF in 2011) in Oregon, the dealer charged me my state sales tax. When I registered the car in my home county I was credited the amount I had already paid.

California's unwillingness to adjust sales tax to the buyer's home state is unusual, and much discussed in other threads.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy a 2016 model S, with NextGen seats, face-lifted, 4 years/50,000 miles warranty, Dual motor, with premium package, with AP1 ( Don't care for AP2 )

What I can't decide on is rather to get a 75D or 90D.
I would say its around 8k - 10k difference for similar condition of the car.

A late 2016 90D with AP1, might still use V2 battery pack instead of V3, and there are a lot of threads saying how 90D has battery degradation problem.
Meanwhile a 2016 75D can suffer from the battery gate problem with 2019.16.x Software Update.

I'm guessing even if the 90D has battery degradation problem... in the end it is still better than a 75D.

I make a 124 miles trip weekly, it would be nice to make the trip in 1-go without needing to stop at a SC at all.

ABRP shows A Better Routeplanner (Already configured to winter condition)
with a 75D battery, I could do it in one goal if the battery didn't degrade that much :/

When we bought our CPO Tesla S 4.5 years ago via this excellent web tool (thanks!), I considered the S60 and S85.
The incremental cost of the 85 has never been a source of regret.
If I had bought the 60, I would absolutely have had periodic regret when travelling longer distances in a day (which we do rarely, but when we do, range matters especially in the colder weather with kids in the car!).
4.5 years later, the extra $10K was worth it IMHO.

OK, so I've noticed a rash of Model S/75D/90D Facelift listings in the past three or four days that list AP Hardware "2.0" and "FSD"; in the codes, they show "APH2" and "APF2". Upon visiting the Tesla vehicle listings, they show "Full Self-Driving Capability".

These cars obviously have the 2.0 hardware (it's visible, if nothing else). Do the codes and the "Full Self-Driving Capability" indication on Tesla's site mean that these cars are fully ready to do full self-driving (Tesla's version) when the software is ready, with no additional cost to the new purchaser?

Also, does anyone know whether these cars are eligible for an upgrade to the newer computer and, if so, at what cost?

Thanks!

Todd