Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I detected one VIN to move from "sold" back to "available":

P02564 Seattle 2012 S85 Black Solid Panoramic 19 Base tan 18,633 miles $55,850 (same price as before)
Date removed: 4/28/2015

85 kWh Model S P02564 | Tesla Motors

edit: Woah.. you're pretty quick there, EVenthusiast! How did you just happen to notice?

I remember this car because it was one of the cheapest sold. Decided to check pricing again tonight, and that's when I noticed it was back on the list. So it was just pure luck I caught it before you did.

? Buyers getting cold feet ?

I could see in the used market that a buyer could put a $1000 deposit on a credit card, and then fail to qualify for financing vehicles at these price points. Heck, that even happens with new Model S in the design studio. I have always suspected that a number of "inventory" cars are actually "failure to qualify for the big car loan" cars.

You should say it was on the market a short period of time. I just bought it about 10 minutes ago. Seattle here I come.
:)

Were you already watching that car, or did my post make you check (trying to calculate Tesla's Affiliate Affiliate revenue ;))?

It's a hell of a deal on a really nice car, so congrats!

I also noticed how many of the low mileage cars are located in Washington DC. What's going on there?

Were you already watching that car, or did my post make you check (trying to calculate Tesla's Affiliate Affiliate revenue ;))?

It's a hell of a deal on a really nice car, so congrats!

I also noticed how many of the low mileage cars are located in Washington DC. What's going on there?

I have been checking the Tesla CPO site and the Consolidator page every day since they went live. (sometimes every hour) After watching Tesla production for the last 3 years, it was just more than I could take. I have to have one now and this seemed like a great deal on an 85 with low mileage.

Right now I plan to drive this car for 4 or 5 years and then maybe upgrade to a new one. Anyhow I am super excited to be getting a Tesla soon.

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many CPO cars they have in the pipeline? I have a feeling they likely have 3,000-4,000 cars and they are slowly introducing them to the market and they seem to want to keep the number of vehicles in their public CPO inventory to about 175 cars.

I wonder how long it would take until the Ds start showing up there. Likely not until the Model X ships in numbers.

I wonder how long it would take until the Ds start showing up there. Likely not until the Model X ships in numbers.

Personally I hope it will be a while before any Ds show up (at worthwhile prices compared to new - tax credits). I say this not because I'm drooling over dual vs. single motor (would prefer dual, but not a deal breaker for me), but I was salivating for months over TACC and Autopilot. I would hate to find out I should have waited a couple weeks to get that for a "steal" of a price! If we don't see any Autopilot CPO cars in 2015, I won't have any regrets.

Personally I hope it will be a while before any Ds show up (at worthwhile prices compared to new - tax credits). I say this not because I'm drooling over dual vs. single motor (would prefer dual, but not a deal breaker for me), but I was salivating for months over TACC and Autopilot. I would hate to find out I should have waited a couple weeks to get that for a "steal" of a price! If we don't see any Autopilot CPO cars in 2015, I won't have any regrets.

It will likely happen within the next year. I bet some will trade in their Ds for a Model X and as they did with the Model S CPO they might wait until they have a batch of Ds available before introducing those into the CPO program so you likely have no cause to "worry" :) The earliest I can see CPO Ds is the very end of this year and it is almost certainty we'll see CPO Ds at the beginning of next year.

It will likely happen within the next year. I bet some will trade in their Ds for a Model X and as they did with the Model S CPO they might wait until they have a batch of Ds available before introducing those into the CPO program so you likely have no cause to "worry" :) The earliest I can see CPO Ds is the very end of this year and it is almost certainty we'll see CPO Ds at the beginning of next year.

Thanks! Honestly, the only things that I have some regret about are TACC and Lane Keeping. Both of these would have been great for long road trips and traffic jams. But, they weren't worth the discount I got to drive the safest and most exhilarating (reasonably) obtainable car!

Aren't we actually making the assumption that when it was removed from the list, it was sold? I mean, it could have been put on some sort of hold (inventory cars can get a 24 hour hold), could have been reinspected and something needed to be addressed, it could have been earmarked for location transfer and then put back in the CPO inventory without moving (maybe no truck was available soon). It is most likely that it was sold when the cars disappear from the site, but all we really know is that they were removed from the listings - nothing more.

Your reasoning is sound and people have already bought 2013 P85s for the mid 60s. There might already be some cars for you in that price range. If not wait a month or two and you should be able to find one.

THX
I've decided to hold out out and get a P85+ but sticking to the 65-67k range on this via private party and under 25k for miles. I know it's coming in the next few months with all the lease returns as the market will adjust and pvt party sellers will realize the asking prices of 75k-77k for cars are not selling.