Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THX
I've decided to hold out out and get a P85+ but sticking to the 65-67k range on this via private party and under 25k for miles. I know it's coming in the next few months with all the lease returns as the market will adjust and pvt party sellers will realize the asking prices of 75k-77k for cars are not selling.

Honestly I think you are going to have a hard time finding a P85+ in that price range. Tesla has pretty much discontinued RWD and the P85+ models seem to be desirable pricewise amongst a group of RWD enthusiasts who like to go sideways. Yes, the P85+ prices will go down but if you are looking for a deal with the most value I think your best bet are the P85s.

- - - Updated - - -

Another "unsold"

VIN Moved back to Available: P52857 hub: Illinois

I bet a bunch of these are people who put down a deposit and then walk away from the cars for whatever reason or they might be switching their deposit for another CPO car.

Honestly I think you are going to have a hard time finding a P85+ in that price range. Tesla has pretty much discontinued RWD and the P85+ models seem to be desirable pricewise amongst a group of RWD enthusiasts who like to go sideways. Yes, the P85+ prices will go down but if you are looking for a deal with the most value I think your best bet are the P85s.

THX again for info, car is for the wife. Does she need the plus? she has a sports car toy in the garage for weekends. the only difference is suspension and wheel size correct?
how much more should the plus cost versus identical p85?
thx in advance

Maybe on Friday afternoon they wouldn't think people are paying much attention. :)

==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P12718 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P16108 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P16385 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-08
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P27598 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P31824 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P33795 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P49757 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P52857 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-08
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P49944 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P50298 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P51264 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P52280 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P25199 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P31707 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P38387 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P38460 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P38472 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P41500 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P42093 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P47761 hub: Washington Original Sold date: 2015-05-01
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P48065 hub: Washington Original Sold date: 2015-04-30
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P48943 hub: Washington Original Sold date: 2015-04-30

I'm learning, but can anyone educate whether CPO warranties generally apply only to the buyer, where those first 50,000 miles belong to the car, no matter how many owners? Is that typical? A Tesla phone rep just told me the CPO warranty applies "at the mileage on the first day the car is delivered, to the first CPO purchaser." I take that to mean selling any of these cars at 50,001 miles means selling without a warranty. IOW, it does not transfer. It would be good if the website made this easier to find? I couldn't. Thanks.

Hank, I agree with other comments about 'removed' being better than 'sold'. Those higher VINs have have gone away in batches, too.

I think what he's asking is if the CPO warranty is transferable, should you sell your CPO vehicle, while still under CPO warranty.

Page 5 of the "model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf"...
Ownership Transfer
This Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty is transferable at no cost to any person(s) who subsequently and lawfully assume(s) ownership of the vehicle after the first Pre-Owned purchaser within the described limitations of this Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty (“subsequent purchaser”).

- - - Updated - - -

3mp, the warranty starts with 4 years or 50k miles (whichever comes first) from the day you accept delivery of your CPO and the mileage already on the car when you accept delivery of your CPO.

Also on page 5...
When Does the Warranty Period Begin and End?
This Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty begins on the first day and at the mileage a Pre-Owned Vehicle is delivered to the first Pre-Owned purchaser. This Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty supersedes and replaces the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty's Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty and Supplemental Restraint System (“SRS”) Limited Warranty, and provides coverage for the period based on the specified warranty as described in the section Warranty Coverage. Parts repaired or replaced, including replacement of the vehicle, under this Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty, are covered only until the applicable warranty period of this Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty ends, or as otherwise provided by applicable law.

Hank you need to put a little paypal donation button on your site. Something that says "If you like this site buy me a beer!" I'd kick you $5 for saving me hours of time trying to navigate that terrible Tesla CPO site. I'm sure plenty of others would too. You probably won't get rich from said button, but you'd surely pick up some decent bar money. (or enough for some nice dinners at least).

/edit Or if you're too modest, donate the funds raised to a noble charity and earn yourself some karma points.

Maybe on Friday afternoon they wouldn't think people are paying much attention. :)

==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P12718 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P16108 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P16385 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-08
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P27598 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P31824 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P33795 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P49757 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P52857 hub: Illinois Original Sold date: 2015-05-08
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P49944 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P50298 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P51264 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P52280 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P25199 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P31707 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P38387 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-06
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P38460 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P38472 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P41500 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P42093 hub: Florida Original Sold date: 2015-05-04
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P47761 hub: Washington Original Sold date: 2015-05-01
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P48065 hub: Washington Original Sold date: 2015-04-30
==========> VIN Moved back to Available: P48943 hub: Washington Original Sold date: 2015-04-30

Wow

THX again for info, car is for the wife. Does she need the plus? she has a sports car toy in the garage for weekends. the only difference is suspension and wheel size correct?
how much more should the plus cost versus identical p85?
thx in advance

I am quite certain she'll be pleased with the P85. Unless she is track racing that car the extra you pay for the plus package IMHO is a waste, especially considering that the straight line acceleration of both cars is just about the same. Tesla seems to be charging at least a $10K premium for cars with plus package and unless your wife likes to drive sideways I'd look for a P85 and get a nice deal on one with some nice options.

And here you go. This is your car and you can buy it today for $67K. It is a 2013 P85 in Pearl White with the Pano Roof, Tech Package, Air Suspension, and premium sound. For current CPO cars this is as a good of a value as you are going to get. What are you waiting for? This is in the price range you had mentioned. Just buy it :) I'm looking for one with AWD and Autopilot but if those two features were not important to me, I would buy this car.

http://www.teslamotors.com//models/preowned/p05357

Last edited:
First of all, Hank - that CPO consolidator is awesome! Huge thanks!

My reply is an observation, and some questions.

Observation -
I've been trying to come up with a formula Tesla uses to price the CPOs. But I can't seem to come up with any logic.
Consider these two cars,

#1. Washington DC: 85 kWh Performance Model S P08188 | Tesla Motors - 30K miles, 19" wheels, matte, grey, dual chargers $72K
#2. Chicago: 85 kWh Performance Model S P05357 | Tesla Motors - 17.5K miles, 21" wheels, carbon fiber, pearl white $67.4K

From what I can tell, rest of the options are identical. The locations are different, but the tax laws at both places are similar, and probably so are the buyers.
As it appears, with the exception of dual chargers, car #2 is a more expensive car, with nearly half the miles. Yet its almost 4K cheaper!

This does not make sense to me. Did I miss anything?

Question(s) -
1. Will Tesla consider adjusting the price, considering their own prices are in conflict?
2. What do you think will be the transport cost from Chicago to DC? I live in DC, so the other issue is, I am not going to buy the car without being able to see it in person.
3. What is the condition of the tires on the CPOs? Do they put new tires on like other dealers do?
4. A general question - is the build quality of the newer 2015 cars better than older cars?

I've been reading these forums in great depth, and people seem to complain about small nitpicks here and there esp. around build quality.
You may love Tesla's to death, but my 8 year old Acura has never given me any issues outside of oil/tire/brake changes. That said, I baby my cars and 8 years later my car is still in showroom condition.
I want to get a Tesla to get newer technology, better ride, get off gas and polluting our planet, to stop funding the very people who hate us, and support the American economy.
Tesla is expensive, a bit of a stretch for me, but as long as it doesn't have reliability issues, I'm happy.

Thanks everyone and hope you are having a great weekend!

Last edited:
8188 probably has folding mirrors, "B" Battery pack for 120kw charging

Are you sure? Folding mirrors were introduced at P12142 (ref: http://my.teslamotors.com/en_EU/forum/forums/power-folding-mirrors-retrofit-price-12002400-euro-16003200)
Either way, it still doesn't justify the price difference. The wheels alone are $4500 more.
Plus folding mirrors IMO are in the same category as the mercedes headlight wipers.
They will probably break down the road, they suck in winter, and I don't mind hand-folding them when I need an extra 2" on a 50 feet wide car (rare!)

Anyway, your point withstanding, folding mirrors even if they are there, still don't justify the price difference.