Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa, almost all the new S60s have Autopilot. The only problem is that they list them with the $7500 tax credit and that shows up in the consolidator.

Not anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

For example, 81160 shows in CPOC as $75600 but $69600 on detail page. The detail page days the $69600 is after the $13500 in tax credits. Is the CPOC already deducting the federal tax credit?

I think they fixed this, I'm not seeing $69600 anywhere.

They are still showing inventory cars with the tax credit as the price. Even though if you don't qualify for the tax credit you will be paying $7,500 more then what is listed. This is false advertising. They need to show the actual price, and then what it "might" cost if you qualify for the credit. Both is fine, but showing just the tax reduced one is total BS. (In my opinion).

/edit Also the actual tesla pre-owned site is acting a little wonky. They added a nice "all locations" option, but it only lists (for me) about 33 cars. And even though there are P85 and P85+'s available, when you select all areas and choose those options it lists none.. Once they get it working the "all areas" option will help buyers who don't know about the consolidator.

Last edited:
This one still shows as $69600 (after tax credits) on Tesla's CPO site.

http://www.teslamotors.com//models/preowned/081160

It looks like you've corrected it on your site to show the pre-credit price. Thanks.

They're actually playing a very dangerous game, apparently... because I do not see the $69,600 price, but you're in Colorado, so they're geolocating your IP address and adding in the CO tax credit. There is no such tax credit here, so I don't see that price:

cpo081160.png

The CPO Consolidator picks up their "incentive" price (tax credits) and adds it back to the price to get "real price". If my servers were located in Colorado (and they could do geolocation on them), I suspect they would pick up the local pricing.

This is bad because Tesla will be showing prices based on IP address, which *at best* is about 75% accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup! Look at the bottom of the detail page sidebar. The left one is from my location, the right one from the servers' location.

This is really bad for TM to rely in IP address to display sales prices like this. And I mean *really* bad.

cpo0811602.png
cpo0811603.png

1. I see why they take the Fed tax credit on the pricing. It is really the only way to get a clean sort when sorting by price an mixing new (inventory new) an used vehicles. They should have just done the Fed credit or had a box for you to select your state.

2. All locations
doesn't work. For me it returned 18 85s an 0 P85s. The consolidator shows 46 85s an 174 P85s. It is so bad they shouldn't have rolled it out.

They're actually playing a very dangerous game, apparently... because I do not see the $69,600 price, but you're in Colorado, so they're geolocating your IP address and adding in the CO tax credit. There is no such tax credit here, so I don't see that price:

View attachment 85415

The CPO Consolidator picks up their "incentive" price (tax credits) and adds it back to the price to get "real price". If my servers were located in Colorado (and they could do geolocation on them), I suspect they would pick up the local pricing.

This is bad because Tesla will be showing prices based on IP address, which *at best* is about 75% accurate.
As I'm in GA the state tax credit may not apply to me since we end in 3 days and out of state cars may not arrive in time for us to take that extra tax break....misleading indeed.

In one state, PA, the state incentive is a 2000 rebate and then they send you a 1099 for that rebate to pay tax on (fed and state). So, really, the incentive doesn't have as much value as it is made to look like. There is no rebate on used cars or leased cars either. Now, in GA they did offer the rebate on leases to the buyer (and not the bank). That caused a frenzy for Leaf leasing for 2 years. Leaf sales will slip due to this change coming on soon.

Colorado - apparently they give the $6000 to new *or* used cars. Used. Really. That means buy a discounted used EV out of state that already received lots of rebates and bring it into Colorado and get another 6000 rebate for a new registration. The best deal would be for a GA EV owner on the first month of their lease getting the the GA rebates and then moving to CO and registering it there for another big rebate/credit.

Did anyone else notice the S85 that sold last night for $50.4k (I believe)? I noticed it added to Tesla's site some time before 8 and it sold within 20 minutes of seeing it. It was a very low vin 15xx, with 41,xxx miles and pretty nicely optioned. As far as I can tell, there's no record of it in the consolidator. I had the page cached on my computer, but found that my computer restarted during the night.

There is a lot of discounting going on for the non-P models. Check the sold ones and look at "Opts" and see if there is a prior price(s) for the sold cars. I wish the consolidator showed the dollar sign like in the for-sale area.

Can't wait for the X to start production, I suspect another flood of pre-owned Model S being traded. I'm taking a "chill' and will sit on the sideline and see how this plays out. But good things come to those that wait.
It really comes down to are you happy with what you are driving now or is it time to shop for the best deal out there. I got to the point where I was really un happy with the daily driver I had so the CPO was a chance to upgrade to something I really wanted.

Time to chill or time to move quickly is different for everyone. No regrets here.

There was a note above about the price "after incentives". Those recent Vin #s in the 80xxx range or MS60 have the asterisk. Are they offering non-titled cars so that the rebates and incentives are available?

Also when a whole block (whole whack in canada) are removed at once - 06/26 22:00 - do we think they are sold or being repositioned elsewhere or repriced and re-added the next day? I know Hank does track by Vin # and that allows the days on market to be reflected in a re-add.

Good work on the site.

Last edited:
That was the car I traded-in for my new 70D. It was a 60kWh battery restricted to the range of a 40kWh. The restriction was taken off when Tesla got it back so it became a full 60. I was given 90% of what I paid which was several thousand more than $46,900. Not sure they would sell it for less.

Very weird. If I am not mistaken, this is the 3rd trade-in where we know the price Tesla offered to the original customer and the price the CPO sold on and in all 3 cases, Tesla is taking a bath... I mean, you got a great deal and more power to you but financially, it absolutely does not make sense to offer 90% on a 3 year old car. That's such a high price that they couldn't even make it work for them even after activating the hidden battery reserve.

Picked up my CPO yesterday. Delivered in pretty much perfect condition. There were a few curb marks/rash on the underside of the front lip (I'm sure I will add more)....completely out of view, so I'm fine with it. Wheels are perfect, tires have at least ~75% tread and look great. Only issues (that the CS is going to resolve):

-No printed manuals
-No "+" (only "P85") when you click on the tesla icon on the top of the screen
-It seems the car does have paint armor (as advertised) except for the hood. The Tysons CS guessed that the Florida CS (or perhaps previous owner) removed it. CS said that there is not really anything they can do about it, as the paint armor is applied by a third party. I wasn't going to be the ******* that demanded money back or anything...and the paint looks incredible as it stands, so I think I may just get a coating put on sometime soon
-The floor mats attached to velcro (the velcro are four round spots of it on the floor facing up, not on the mats themselves). According to the NickJHowe walkaround:

"Floor mats - there have been at least three iterations of floor mats. One type has a smooth underside and velcro at the back edge. These are “temporary” mats, and only came in the front of the car. They should be replaced at no charge for “new” mats. The “new” mats have a stippled underside and no velcro; they have front and rear seat versions. Unfortunately the new mats are as poor as the old maps. The one for the passenger footwell has a habit of flopping/folding over under high acceleration. The third type were “luxury” floor mats available in the online store; they were removed sometime during 2013."

So I guessed that I have the "temporary mats"...but the CS manager (Allan...SUPER nice and smart guy) said no - those are the regular full service mats. Like before - they look perfect, so I said okay.

I talked to the CS manager (who manages both the Tysons as well as up north CS), Allan, who knew EVERYTHING about the car...we must have talked for 90 minutes. And this was on his way out the door. Such a nice guy. DS Nick was great as well.

I know I should stop looking at the CPO Consolidator...but I can't help it, lol. I like to be as prepared as possible for seeing what kind of depriciation I'm going to take. Maybe I'll just keep the car forever.

Sure seems like a good idea right now! Back out in the car I go....