Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are lots of benefits for them to being the market maker. I would think they can show dwcent profit on the resale operations

Agreed, but I still have a few questions/doubts:

-There are several known instances that vehicles were resold for less than the trade-in value given for a new MS. Should this be seen as an indication of weaker demand? Is Tesla looking to get the ball rolling on CPO's and resale assurance, to ensure a strong "brand" and customer loyalty?

-Pricing has been pretty inconsistent and price reductions have occasionally been befuddling.

-They are going to really have to spur resales or may end up with a fleet of aging vehicles. The desirability of these older MS's are only going to drop over time, as new vehicles and features are rolled out.

-There are several known instances that vehicles were resold for less than the trade-in value given for a new MS. Should this be seen as an indication of weaker demand? Is Tesla looking to get the ball rolling on CPO's and resale assurance, to ensure a strong "brand" and customer loyalty?

-Pricing has been pretty inconsistent and price reductions have occasionally been befuddling.

-They are going to really have to spur resales or may end up with a fleet of aging vehicles. The desirability of these older MS's are only going to drop over time, as new vehicles and features are rolled out.

+1 to this!

Looks like they've changed the text slightly on inventory models (perhaps based on comments here).

Instead of showing the price (less the EV incentives) and the text "Includes $13,500 in EV incentives", they now show the price and then the price without incentives.

For example:
$71,800
$85,300 cash price before EV incentives

There are several known instances that vehicles were resold for less than the trade-in value given for a new MS. Should this be seen as an indication of weaker demand?

No, it's rather because Tesla is overpaying on trade in's. The reason being:
Is Tesla looking to get the ball rolling on CPO's and resale assurance, to ensure a strong "brand" and customer loyalty?

I agree. For example about 1/3 of the inventory S60s are sold at a price that is just about the cost of a brand new 70D.

It seems on the low to mid end of their prices the offers are reasonable but at the upper end of the pricing some of the asking prices make little sense.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's rather because Tesla is overpaying on trade in's. The reason being:

You can only do that for so long though because the market pays what it pays. If Tesla pays more for a trade in than what the market will buy the car for, Tesla is then subsidizing the actual depreciation of the previous owner and they can only do that for so long.

Sooner or later Tesla trade in offers need to be about $10K less than market prices to account for work they need to do to certify the car as well as make a profit for their time and effort.

May I ask why you decided not to get the Sig? Btw, that is quite the collection of Teslas you have had!

Didn't cancel the sig, I cancelled P02696 which was a brown cpo p85 w/o the tech package.

Can you let us know when you actually cancel the order, so we can see how long it takes to re-appear? Thanks.

It was cancelled on Friday, disappeared from "MyTesla" account yesterday though. It was delivered to Costa Mesa before I cancelled so it might pop up under LA instead of sfo

Wow seems like low prices on Model S. Looking forward to the price drop. 55K for S85 with reasonable mileage. When the X comes out, I predict

S60 - $40K-$45K --- Should really be a lot lower
S85 - $50K-$55K
P85 - $55K-$60K
P85+ - $60K-70K
S85D - $65-$75K????
P85D - $95K-$105K

I predict if you wait another 4 years, you might get an S85 for 25k.
Life is slipping by, pull the trigger. You only live once.

Another S60 was just added and sold right away, $47.4k. Don't think it got picked up by the consolidator.

I am sorry I am actually the one that bought the car. I am so happy as I think it was a great deal! Funny enough, I was actually considering pulling the trigger on the Green S85 that also popped up today for ~$55K. Was talking to my wife about it and then this popped up as I hit F5. Needless to say, I bought the car within a minute. I'm really surprised you even saw the car because I must have bought it within 5 minutes of being posted.

Thank you so so much for all of the people on this thread and in this forum. Especially to Hank and his consolidator - seriously incredible work that helped me figure out exactly what price range I wanted to be in.

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! I'm hoping the car is in excellent condition and I'm scared I might miss some things to check for or it is really worn out.