Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good price. Be aware you have no power fold mirrors

What at month did they start including the power fold mirrors, neither of the two CPO cars have them.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

This is the other 2013 P85 I have a deposit on, it's a later VIN, but it's lacking the twin chargers, paint armor and it has 25k miles on it for $4k more. I guess its a no brainer to take the Metallic blue for $67k with only 11k mileage. Tesla was closed over the holiday, so I wasn't able to transfer the deposit on this one, now I have deposits on both of the cars. I Had to jump on it, since the low mileage and better price. Do you think Tesla will either refund me the deposit or apply it to the car/ merchandise?

Below is the car I placed a deposit on 3 weeks ago, looking to get the refund.

image.jpg

In terms of the deposit...

We bought another CPO Tesla recently and it took a few days to get pictures of the P85 before we signed the MVPA. Well another higher priced but lower milage version of it popped up locally and we tried to swap but they wouldn't allow a transfer of the deposit. Apparently there is a 72 hour period from when you put down the deposit to when you can swap VIN's. Sort of odd since it can take a few days to get any feedback from Tesla to begin with.

So as a heads up to any would be purchasers, you have 72 hours from placing your deposit to make sure that is the one you want.

Considering a p85 was available for 59k, I don't think it's that great a deal.

Once model x is released, prices are going to crash,

Well the 59K P85 was a 2012 with more miles. Also this is a P85+ so it will cost a bit more.

see my previous post on this:
Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live - Page 106

looks like my prediction is coming true faster than I anticipated.

Well the 59K P85 was a 2012 with more miles. Also this is a P85+ so it will cost a bit more.

see my previous post on this:
Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live - Page 106

looks like my prediction is coming true faster than I anticipated.

ATM none of your predictions have come to fruition. Trending, but not there yet.

When the X comes out, I predict

S60 - $40K-$45K --- Should really be a lot lower
S85 - $50K-$55K
P85 - $55K-$60K
P85+ - $60K-70K
S85D - $65-$75K????
P85D - $95K-$105K

yup none yet, but very close for sure:

a few S60 in the mid-high $40K
a few S85 in the mid-high $50K
one P85 between $55K-60K
a few P85+ in the low $70K

So yeah I would conclude coming to fruition faster than predicted. Keep in mind, I was predicting those numbers when the model X comes out. Model X has not come out yet. So there is time before those numbers become true.

I think around vin 30,xxx power fold became standard

I *think* this is correct, but the CPO website doesn't describe the mirrors as such except for 2015 models. We know that is incorrect.

On the New York site, vin 38460 (P85+) and vin 49903 (S85) both have the same description:

• Electrochromatic heated side and rearview mirrors
  • Power liftgate
  • GPS enabled Homelink
  • Memory seats, mirrors, and driver profile

Inventory 60s have different verbiage.

• Electrochromatic mirrors
  • Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory

We know Vins don't line up sequentially with build dates, but the approximate build of those three examples would be April (38xxx) and September (49xxx). In between we have a ton of CPO Vins in the 4xxxxx, none of which indicate they have folding mirrors (but I suspect they do.)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have them on my 25610 VIN. Its probably more like 20k and up. It was added in the "new" tech package during summer of 2013.

OK, so Preowned listings are wrong....if it's 2014, it almost surely has power folding mirrors.

It needs tech package, but then it certainly has them.

275 currently in the CPOC
-- / TP / AP filter
TP 249
AP 24

I count 58 below Vin 2xxxx, another 40 between 20000-24999.

Caveat emptor.

ETA: quick search of the Model S Delivery thread for "power folding mirrors" - guy ordering in October 2013 added the item after he confirmed, had to pay another $250. That was Vin 248xx. So I would be careful with any CPO below 25xxx. Might have them, might not - best to confirm with Tesla before you plunk down the deposit if that's a deal breaker for you.

Model S Delivery Update - Page 619

Last edited:
yup none yet, but very close for sure:

a few S60 in the mid-high $40K
a few S85 in the mid-high $50K
one P85 between $55K-60K
a few P85+ in the low $70K

So yeah I would conclude coming to fruition faster than predicted. Keep in mind, I was predicting those numbers when the model X comes out. Model X has not come out yet. So there is time before those numbers become true.

Miles and options will certainly be the deciding factor. I saw a S85 go for right around $50k, with over 40k miles.

The timing is strange too.. 4am on a Sunday(or I guess 1am in Calif) I think it might have been an "inside" job, whereas they relisted it specifically for someone in the know to buy it right away.

++1

Interesting theory. The local Tesla store was surprised I snagged my CPO S85 in a few minutes. The conversation (more than just this) suggested that others were sent PDF sheets on the car and got back to the store the next morning and found out it was already gone... To me!! Yeah! But anyway, yes, there might be something to what you outlined.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for what I am about to say because I might be stepping on some toes, but for what it's worth, last week I was speaking with the sales rep that I purchased my CPO from. We were in the process of getting an acquaintance into his own CPO and he mentioned how they were running into issues selling white model S' and wouldn't be surprised if they began discounting them more aggressively than the others. The model in question might be the start of that trend.

Or I could just be a bit flabbergasted that it is so much cheaper and similarly specced to the P85+ I just bought. To clarify an earlier query, the 21" rims removed from my S will be stocked in the service center and used for loaner cars and the like. You were spot on Drucifer.