Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now there is an 85D on there for $13,500 off new price ($6000 difference after you take into account tax rebate) with only ~3500 miles on it. Looks like a good deal, but is it just me or is that tan leather interior really ugly with the white headliner?

Everything about that car is what I'd like, except those seats. Black would look so much better with that interior.

Model S 85D 086737 | Tesla Motors

I think everyone has said the brown looks good, it's the gray seats that make the car look silly. I think this person's kid got a hold of the family iPad and decided to order a Frankenstein Tesla.
The car had black performance seats with the red piping.
I agree the grey and brown does not match well.
For my next Model S I'll definitely be going with either grey or black interior and black headliner, on a blue or red exterior

Right now there is an 85D on there for $13,500 off new price ($6000 difference after you take into account tax rebate) with only ~3500 miles on it. Looks like a good deal, but is it just me or is that tan leather interior really ugly with the white headliner?

Everything about that car is what I'd like, except those seats. Black would look so much better with that interior.

Model S 85D 086737 | Tesla Motors

Tan is my favorite interior leather color as I feel it makes the interior seem warm and inviting. White headliner totally works for me though. I generally like lighter interior in general.

Tan is my favorite interior leather color as I feel it makes the interior seem warm and inviting. White headliner totally works for me though. I generally like lighter interior in general.

Which is why it is good we have choices. I cannot stand the tan seats and would get gray or black regardless of exterior color. If I was ordering new, it would be titanium, gray seats, white headliner. Thankfully, we get such choices! :)

Good to have choices but in light of this car and its price...

Biggest CPO discount from new yet?

it's going to be hard to pull the trigger on a CPO until the other cars are priced relative to this deal.

That was a sweet ass car but it wasn't that great of a deal. We all have our options of cars but I personally would never own a low VIN again no matter how cheap it is.

Last edited:
The whole "low VIN thing" seems a bit overblown to me.

My car is P04093. Mfg January 2013. It still has a "B" pack, and it has had the underbody plate and door handle replacement under warranty. To me, it stacks up well to the current Model S except for features added later (all wheel drive, folding mirrors, parking sensors, autopilot, next gen seats, LTE data).

I have come to the conclusion that the most economical way to add these features to my life is to just KEEP the car I have, and get my wife a new Model X in a couple of years that has these things.

The whole "low VIN thing" seems a bit overblown to me.

My car is P04093. Mfg January 2013. It still has a "B" pack, and it has had the underbody plate and door handle replacement under warranty. To me, it stacks up well to the current Model S except for features added later (all wheel drive, folding mirrors, parking sensors, autopilot, next gen seats, LTE data).

I have come to the conclusion that the most economical way to add these features to my life is to just KEEP the car I have, and get my wife a new Model X in a couple of years that has these things.
Sounds like a good plan to me. The 2012 Model S that I have brings a smile to my face every time I open the garage door.

As soon as I can get this one paid for I will start the saving for a new 85D to park next to the 2012.

Just FYI -- Tesla changed something on their site causing the consolidator not to capture the updates. I'm traveling this weekend, and I tried to fix it quickly, but to no avail. I will give it more attention tomorrow when I get back in the office with proper tools. I'll also extend any subscribers an extra week for the outage (since about midnight this morning).

Come on Tesla release some CPO D's!

Be sure to also keep an eye on eBay. P85Ds are now starting to sell in the $95-105K range on eBay.

Here's an almost completely loaded P85D that recently sold for $95K. Less than 500 miles and it has only been in use for barely 4 months. Someone got a great deal for an almost pristine condition P85D for $95K and they could have bought this private party car with 8 years of full warranty coverage rather than the 4 offered with the CPO program..

Still the CPO P85Ds seem to be excessively priced but keep an eye out as reasonable deals are out there. If you are looking to buy a CPO P85D wait a bit longer and prices should be in the $95-105K range soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Tesla-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Maybe my begging is doing good for once:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Browns are damn sexy in person, especially with grey 21"s

- - - Updated - - -

The one car I have been watching went down $6K. I thought that I would jump but without AP I am just not interested and the resale in a year would still be awful.

Yeah, I *love* that brown. And this car would be a definite consideration if I knew for sure I'd be in the US soon. Imagine it won't stick around long.

But agree, hard to accept anything without AP right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I would think that it is priced low because of the color. Tesla stopped producing that color - and I would guess because they were not selling many to justify production. If you don't care about color or you like brown, this car is a steal. But I would think most who spend $60K for a car, even it is a used/CPO, would want a specific color. I limited my choices to MC Red with a black interior....and I will be on my way to pick it up this time tomorrow......Time is going by soooooo slow...

Yeah, as a huge fan of this brown (and also the green), it is disappointing that those were pulled. Definitely a pro to buying CPO for me. But dat Autopilot...

- - - Updated - - -

Be sure to also keep an eye on eBay. P85Ds are now starting to sell in the $95-105K range on eBay.

Here's an almost completely loaded P85D that recently sold for $95K. Less than 500 miles and it has only been in use for barely 4 months. Someone got a great deal for an almost pristine condition P85D for $95K and they could have bought this private party car with 8 years of full warranty coverage rather than the 4 offered with the CPO program..

Still the CPO P85Ds seem to be excessively priced but keep an eye out as reasonable deals are out there. If you are looking to buy a CPO P85D wait a bit longer and prices should be in the $95-105K range soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Tesla-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Jeez. Wh-wh-whyyyy?

OMG, he forgot to click the Tech Package (AP) when he purchase the car?

The Monrooney with the auction notes it includes all the sensors. So this is likely a car packaged after the elimination of the tech package, but either way, it can be activated for $3k given all the hardware is there. As a side note, it's noted as being part of an estate sale. I feel bad that the purchaser didn't get the opportunity to enjoy the vehicle :(

A whole bunch of what used to be in the Tech Package is now standard and free. This is the window sticker for the P85D that sold for $95K. With a MSRP of $121K it is pretty nicely loaded and it seems to only lack Air Suspension and Autopilot but Autopilot can be enabled I believe for $3K after delivery. For a car that is barely 3 months old at $95K this is the best priced P85D that I have seen so far. Basically a $26K discount for a 3 month old car. If anyone is looking to buy a P85D look around and most of all be patient as there are good deals out there.

P85Dfor95K.jpg

Last edited: