Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the compression is normal. There is a huge market of people who want a Tesla and can't afford one. A two year old Model S in any shape or form is going to appeal to buyers in the $30-40k range, propping up the low end. On the high end, you have people dumping a 3 month old P85D for a P90D just because they're loaded. And for a large portion of the population, a 100 mile range would be perfectly acceptable, so battery size isn't all that significant to them. -From a biased S40 owner

Not that we're in the market for a second Tesla (yet), but I still watch Hank's site, and I'm surprised by how few CPOs have next gen seats (except for the P85Ds). That is one of the first things I would look for after driving ours for 5 months...before even the pano roof.

Tesla appears to be flooding the market. I'm seeing 85s fully loaded but high mileage in the $44k range and cars vanishing and being replaced very quickly. Maybe Hank can provide some statistics to validate what I think I'm seeing. It's like watching the S&P 500 these past two days, sell sell sell!

Maybe Hank can provide some statistics to validate what I think I'm seeing. It's like watching the S&P 500 these past two days, sell sell sell!

Once I'm done working on the Applique Controller app, I plan to start enhancing EV-CPO with some basic reporting, like cars added/removed per day, etc -- similar to how the reports look on the Firmware tracker.

And if I get inspired, I really want to do a multiple-regression analysis on the sold cars to see what factors most influence price, and how that may have changed over time.

Don't look now, but I count 8 cars at 50k or less. Several added just today. Maybe someone heard you. :)

I look Tesla's CPO site many times a day since it launched in April, my plan was to buy a MS in December because I predict the price will drop after Model X release and year end push to sell more cars.
I bought mine in August because every MS on CPO site keep saying "buy me, buy me", and my fat finger couldn't resist. I regret a tiny little bit because if I waited, I will be able to buy a S85 or P85 with more options.
On the other hand, if I waited I will miss my smile whenever I open my garage door since August.

Long time lurker but I pulled the trigger today when this beauty popped up this afternoon!

2013 P85 18,805 miles $56,000

Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor
Supercharging
Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package

The only option I had to compromise on was the 21's, would have preferred 19's but I can always swap them out. Hank, thanks for the great site it was very helpful in my search the last couple weeks! This is going to be a huge upgrade from my Nissan LEAF! :)

Andrew

Last edited:
Do most people who've bought these vehicles travel to the location to physically look at the car before purchasing?

Without posting actual pictures, it is impossible to know what condition the vehicle is actually in but it still seems to me that some people 'order blind'? I'm considering making a purchase but need to travel a long way to get to the nearest location and it seems that the vehicles move quickly - I would need to fly to take a look.