Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure she understand that, Fred.

Tesla always has many more CPO and Inventory cars than are listed on their website. You need to contact your local Gallery/store to find these.

I'm not concerned with CPO cars. Only interested in what's going on with "inventory" cars. I'll go by my store(s) and ask.

It's really odd to me that tesla literally has no cars listed in SoCal. Orange County has been out for a while now.

Bottomline is is tesla is really dumping all the Inventiry cars they can. Each one they sell is another delivery for Q4

Wondering where tesla will end up with Q4 deliveries.

1). Short of 17k
2). Around 17k
3). Over 17k. Like >18k

I'm not concerned with CPO cars. Only interested in what's going on with "inventory" cars. I'll go by my store(s) and ask.

It's really odd to me that tesla literally has no cars listed in SoCal. Orange County has been out for a while now.

Bottomline is is tesla is really dumping all the Inventiry cars they can. Each one they sell is another delivery for Q4

Wondering where tesla will end up with Q4 deliveries.

1). Short of 17k
2). Around 17k
3). Over 17k. Like >18k

If you are looking for an Inventory P85D call Seattle, they have a ton of them.

Though the signature versuon are nice, i still think they are not a good buy just because of the age and the 90KW supercharging unless they replaced the batteries.

Bullpucky! Our CPO S85 came with the "A" pack battery limited to 90kW charging, and we've done 10000km in 6 months, supercharged a dozen or more times, and driven long road trips (>>1000km). Car charges to >97% of original capacity, and accelerates faster than a Z28. Love it! :love:

Oh, and we got a massive discount off new buying with 60000 km on the odometer, so that savings just makes me grin. We're in a Tesla a full year before I expected/planned.

- - - Updated - - -

Rattle bucket is what my neighbor calls his

Our early 2013 may not have folding mirrors or autopilot, but it turns heads, and is squeak and rattle free. Your mileage may vary, but personally, our car is tight.

Though the signature version are nice, i still think they are not a good buy just because of the age and the 90KW supercharging unless they replaced the batteries.
My car was also made in 2012 and you can trash talk it as a 3 year old car all you want and it's OK with me. It still makes me smile every time I open the garage door.

If I had this car paid off, I would buy that signature for my wife.

My car was also made in 2012 and you can trash talk it as a 3 year old car all you want and it's OK with me. It still makes me smile every time I open the garage door.

If I had this car paid off, I would buy that signature for my wife.

not trash talking any cars. They are all beautiful and I am sure many are happy with them. I just want to point out some limitations on the earlier models if some of the people here does not know. I mean Musk said it himself. LOL

Glad there are some major drops. Right now $46K (really $47K because it's $46,900) for S85. 2012 though but nicely equipped though! Quite a bit of miles but I am sure the batteries are still fine for 100s thousand more miles. Hopefully a CPO 85D will be around this price next year.

Cheapest P85 I seen so far. Maybe they have been going cheaper, but right now there is one for $51K. No Tech Package though. But Dual Charger!
85 kWh Performance Model S P19736 | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
Some really substantial price drops on CPO cars. Also of note it appears we are seeing cars with higher mileage Appearing in larger numbers. Curious if these were being held back and now being "blown out" at year end or if this is the effect of a surge of trade in vehicles as the X starts production. I posted some Jan 2016 price predictions for CPO vehicles a few months back and received a fair amount of naysaying. I think my actual post expired so I don't remember my actual numbers but there has been serious declines in the CPO values in the past few months. It seems the private sellers (Cars.com, Ebay, Craigslist) are still holding on to hope with P85s > $80k, 85s> $70k and 60s> $60k. More evidence that buyers set the price, not sellers. When the X start to deliver, leases expire and cars get returned and the buy back guarantee kicks in, it'll be really interesting to watch how prices react.

woops, I was wrong. I found my post from April 28, 2015 copy and pasted below:

"I hold to my previous thinking that P85's will be <$60, 85's < $50 and 60's <$40k by end of 2015 in the private marketplace. It'll be fascinating to watch what happens when the X's start to get delivered. I think the only way depreciation will slow is if: Tesla does a huge price increase (not happening with economies of scale) or China starts to gobble up all the used inventory (unlikely) or oil goes >$150/bbl (eventually, but way way out in the future)."

Last edited:
You were right on the P85 and maybe a few S85. But the S60 still seems to be stubborn and not going lower than $40K. LOL.

I don't get why the used market are still holding out for higher reselling price. Sure these CPO might be abused, but it seems like Tesla does do some refurbishing to get them into better conditions. I highly doubt used market seller would throw in new rims and new tires for the sale, let alone a paint refresh and such. Also keep in mind, those used cars have technically lower warranty than the CPO unless they bought extended warranty.

I was way off on the S60 price predictions but also I thought the market would invert with CPO prices higher than private party sales. That hasn't happened as of yet. The biggest surprise to me is the compressed market that's developing. The price differentials between the models is "wacko". Cars that new had pricing differentials of $50k now have deltas of $5k with similar options. Production year and mileage seem to be the most weighted variable to CPO pricing. We have the same thing happening here in SLO County real estate. $650 buys a 1960's 3 bedroom tract home fixer upper in a neighborhood. $850k buys a house twice the size on an acre or two and $1mm buys a custom home on acreage with a distant ocean view. $60k buys a 2.5 year old CPO P85+ that was $125k whereas $50k buys a 2.5 year old S60 that was $75k new.

I was way off on the S60 price predictions but also I thought the market would invert with CPO prices higher than private party sales. That hasn't happened as of yet. The biggest surprise to me is the compressed market that's developing. The price differentials between the models is "wacko". Cars that new had pricing differentials of $50k now have deltas of $5k with similar options. Production year and mileage seem to be the most weighted variable to CPO pricing. We have the same thing happening here in SLO County real estate. $650 buys a 1960's 3 bedroom tract home fixer upper in a neighborhood. $850k buys a house twice the size on an acre or two and $1mm buys a custom home on acreage with a distant ocean view. $60k buys a 2.5 year old CPO P85+ that was $125k whereas $50k buys a 2.5 year old S60 that was $75k new.

This suggests that most CPO buyers are price constrained or price conscious. This is why they had a hard time selling any of the CPO cars priced very close to the cost of a new car. Some of the P85Ds are still priced too close to the price of a new car to make sense for most potential buyers.

The market for RWD is now stabilizing and settling where you'd expect it to, and that is basically along the depreciation of schedule of similar premium cars. Next year we will see the same stabilizing of the D models. For the cost of a 2014 P85, next year you should be able to buy a 2015 85D with about the same acceleration plus autopilot, AWD, and better build quality. When that happens I think we will see what @wshowell predicted, even for the S60 models.

I believe S60 will maintain higher resell value than other models, not because I own a S60, because lower price cars normally don't depreciate as quickly as higher price cars. When a 130k P85d drop to 70k, it's a great deal, but most people still can't afford a 70k car regardless how great the deal is.

When S60 drop below 50k, it fall into a range of buyers that want to join the Tesla family, it also make more financial sense considering the saving of fuel.

I fully agree with the price compression comment. The differential between model types is getting smaller and smaller. The delta between an 85 and p85 looks negligible. Same from a p85 to a plus. The drop in the last 30 days has been noticeable. I'm hoping for a nicely optioned p85 under $55k which doesn't seem so unreasonable now.