Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, congratulations.

When did you put down your $1K deposit? On Friday, I was told by someone in the CPO group at Buena Park that they did not have an internal list of available cars but that there should be new CPO cars listed in the next few weeks.

Would you mind sharing a few details about your car? Approximate build number, miles, rough config (P85 with pano, 21" wheels and tech package... ). It will be interesting to see how these are priced after the CPO sales break and the MS refresh.

Thanks. I can't wait to join you guys as a Tesla owner:)

Just call someone in Dublin, CA or the Buena Park, CA stores and ask for CPO vehicles. They'll get you in touch with someone who can send you a list of cars available that are not on their website. I just got a 2013 P85 for high $40s.

Yes, I'd definitely love to hear the details on that one too.

Lots of CPO's are coming. Today I heard about a few 2013 P85s in the mid $50s. All the folks selling privately should try to offload ASAP.

Reactions: pchilds
Hank, what's your opinion on the pricing on that one? For about a 2 year old car with over 25,000 miles, seems high.

I'm not sure I'm that qualified to opine on price, but I think it's actually pretty good -- it's commensurate with the current (pre-facelift) cars, for under $100k after tax credit. To outfit an identical P90D (current facelift version), it would be $125k after tax credit.

25k is not that many miles. This is a fully loaded P85D+, where you can also get the ESA if you want. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Not that I'm in a position to trade-up right now, but if I ever do, it would be for a P85D+, like this one. I also like Blue, not Silver. If it were the new lighter blue color, I'd be working a lot of numbers right now.

Reactions: pchilds
Hello - New to the site. Put 2500 down and have to decide by tomorrow or lose the down payment. I called Buena Vista and wasn't able to secure the CPO list. Is there any one that could send it to me so I can try to decide what to do before tomorrow am?

Right now there's only half a dozen CPO cars listed, all of which have been online for a long time. We keep hearing that there will be a bunch more soon, but there's no timeline yet. If you have to decide by tomorrow, you aren't getting a CPO unless those couple cars fit you - though Tesla does have a large collection of Inventory cars you could buy on the same list.

IMO, it is quite unlikely that customers backed out in droves after their cars were built. Tesla makes good effort to deliver all orders by the end of quarter. And then release a new upgrade or refresh, making sure earlier orders got delivered before that.

If you add up the quarterly production and delivery numbers from the past, it will become clear that Tesla has been building thousands (~6-7K now) of excess inventory cars for rush sales near the quarter end. This is obviously my best guess, but it is very reasonable.

It's interesting that when you look at the Inventory Models they all say the following.

"This Model S is a showroom floor model and is eligible for EV incentives. These incentives take the form of rebates and tax credits available after purchase."

I thought that Tesla only had like 50 Showrooms. How are all of these cars showroom floor models?

The slow decline in prices is very interesting. Almost sure, these prices are being set by a program. Once in a while, there are some random perturbations to throw out the notion that prices are always declining. Innovation to the extreme :)

inventory_slow_price_drop.png

The price decline you're seeing is normally due to additional miles put on the car. This would happen when they use them on test drives, etc. However I have seen a few that have decreased while still only having 50 miles on them.

Thanks Erik