Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20 new cars added today and all but one are inventory 90D or P90D. Interesting... there has to be a conspiracy going on.

For it to be a conspiracy, there would have to be more than one 'actor'. TMC is a single actor....no need for TMC to conspire. It is a business strategy - they moved all their older CPOs to the loaner fleet or auctioned them off - pretty much a clean sweep.

• Funny
Reactions: jtpassat
20 new cars added today and all but one are inventory 90D or P90D. Interesting... there has to be a conspiracy going on.
I think the word you may be searching for is "nefarious". It certainly feels that way but in reality I think these chickens will come home to roost and Tesla will eventually flood the market with used cars. That should put a lot of downside price pressure on the private market especially on the "classics". I'm still expecting to see classic s60s in the $30-40K range. I've been saying that for 6 months though....

For it to be a conspiracy, there would have to be more than one 'actor'. TMC is a single actor....no need for TMC to conspire. It is a business strategy - they moved all their older CPOs to the loaner fleet or auctioned them off - pretty much a clean sweep.

Why are we hearing that there will be a bunch of CPOs coming to the market in the next few weeks, if this is the case?

Because end of quarter deliveries are timed to the receipt of a lot of traded Model S cars. A minimum of time is spent on cars before the CPO stamp comes out. Tesla has typically had high volume, in the last two weeks of each quarter because U.S. deliveries convert to the financials fastest.

BTW went to store and looked at their CPO inventory. There are a lot of CPO cars. None of them quite my ideal of 85kwh with autopilot. But quite a few 2013 and 2014 options. Strongly suggest go to store if you are looking for CPO.
I did that. They even put me in touch with the regional pre-owned coordinator, who gave me the same 'many more cars in a couple weeks' someone mentioned up thread. They still haven't been able to find a suitable car for me (which sounds like what you wanted - AP capable RWD 85, plus a few specific features I'd really, really want.)

When I was at the store a week and a half ago, there weren't any autopilot CPO cars available except for $100k+ P85Ds. Hopefully that'll change at some point.

Why is it that these CPOs are available to Tesla employees, but, not on their website??

I think there are two groups of people -- Group A who handles the "intake" and pricing of CPO cars, and Group B who takes those cars and for whatever marketing purposes decides which ones to list on their public Preowned website (or not, as the case may be).

I'm also wondering now with the refresh/updates of the model s, if Tesla will revise the discounts on the ones in inventory more aggressively to move them?

You'd think that would happen. I think a lot of people are waiting for the giant reverse flood of Classic-Style Model S CPOs to come back online any day now. I know I sure am, because EV-CPO.com is pretty boring with just Inventory cars listed. It's much more fun with lots of actual CPO cars available.