Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car (P85, VIN 54xxx, delivered 9/27/14) has performance seats (black with red piping identified as Black Performance Leather Seats) and a black headliner (which I switched to as soon as it became available). I don't know what a "performance interior" might be.

Interesting! I did think that VIN 025808 was way to early for the end of the performance seats (w/piping).

Whew! Done! This morning I ordered a 2013 85: Metallic Blue, std 19" wheels, pano, tan Nappa, lacewood, tech, uhfs, subzero, 31k miles, $59,300 + $1500 shipping. Just changed it to a 2013 P85+, Metallic Silver, 21" grey turbine wheels, pano, black nappa, glossy obeche, tech, sas, uhfs, prem interior lighting, carbon fiber spoiler, 50k miles, $57,600 + $0 shipping. Both have power folding mirrors, parking sensors, etc. Still have to wait - just hopefully not as long. Just ordered a vanity plate - NRGISED.

Whohooo!

Congrats! Sweet move. Saved $$ and got more performance and options and you'll probably be driving it sooner. What's not to like?

I'd call that "bluff". Tesla is not in control of the used market per se, the market itself is. The only way this would make sense is if they upped the cost of a new S by a substantial amount. The delta needs to be significant enough between new and CPO to move sales of new, inventory and CPO. Tesla is sitting on hundreds of CPO that are all depreciating assets and holding up much needed cash. I don't buy it and sounds like a classic sales pitch (very unlike Tesla) but still human nature.

Apologies to anyone that "called Tesla's bluff" on raising CPO prices and held off buying. Looks like they bumped a bunch of,prices upwards. I don't get it at all (obviously).

I still hold out hope that they are sitting on a fleet of S85, P85 and P85+ and just slowly feeding the market S60s and higher mileage 85s. This could be "sell to the hungriest first" (lesser cars, higher margins).

I have no choice but to be patient but if I was on the cusp of buying I'd probably hold out. The numbers don't jive right now and it seems the private sales are starting to come down. In several cases you'd be better off buying private party and paying the original owner $4k more to buy the extended warranty. Besides reconditioning you'd get with a CPO, a private party purchase with ESA is looking far more attractive than it was a few months back and you could work with him/her to get the full service history etc.

• Funny
Reactions: Jo-
Apologies to anyone that "called Tesla's bluff" on raising CPO prices and held off buying. Looks like they bumped a bunch of,prices upwards. I don't get it at all (obviously).

I still hold out hope that they are sitting on a fleet of S85, P85 and P85+ and just slowly feeding the market S60s and higher mileage 85s. This could be "sell to the hungriest first" (lesser cars, higher margins).

I have no choice but to be patient but if I was on the cusp of buying I'd probably hold out. The numbers don't jive right now and it seems the private sales are starting to come down. In several cases you'd be better off buying private party and paying the original owner $4k more to buy the extended warranty. Besides reconditioning you'd get with a CPO, a private party purchase with ESA is looking far more attractive than it was a few months back and you could work with him/her to get the full service history etc.

I am not sure what the policy was for before on the extended warranty. But it seems like on new cars you get 60 days to decide on the extended warranty. So it's not exactly as easy as paying the previous owner $4K for the extended warranty.

I do agree with you on tesla's strategy of raising prices. It's ridiculous how pricy these cars are. Almost 60K miles, regular S85, and 2012/2013 and they still want greater than $50K? We were seeing less than 40K miles, 2013, p85 for around this price 6 months ago!

I am not sure what the policy was for before on the extended warranty. But it seems like on new cars you get 60 days to decide on the extended warranty. So it's not exactly as easy as paying the previous owner $4K for the extended warranty.
That is for the prepaid annual service. You have up until 30 days after the warranty expires to purchase the extended service plan.

IMG_0969.JPG

I bought Sig 88 on Saturday. Cannot believe I bought Sig.

Last edited:
Put a deposit down for a 2013 P85 in metallic green w/ black performance interior, body roof, 21" grey turbines for $53.9K. Has 45K miles on it. It was in hidden inventory on ev-cpo.com but bit on it since it seemed like a pretty good deal given the options. Would've preferred a later model with parking sensors but can live without. Found out today it's being used as a loaner. A bit concerned about that and the fact it's an earlyish VIN number. Also my ideal color would've been metallic grey but the green looks pretty sharp. I'm still in my 72 hour window so can still move the deposit to another car. Anyone see a reason I should rethink this car?

Green Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof
21" Grey Wheels Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Supercharging Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 85 kWh Performance Model S P07639 _ Tesla Motors.pdf
    321.2 KB · Views: 60
Looks like a nice one. For comparison, I'm waiting for my P85+ with similar miles, 21k range vin (parking sensors folding power mirrors). I don't have the dual chargers but have the pano roof and what is now called the uhfs system. Glossy obeche instead of cf, and black nappa vs black performance seats. $57,600. Yours looks good!