Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The crux of the thing though, is by time you request pictures and get them (if you even get them at all), car could already be snagged by someone else. Just wish they would post pictures of the actual car instead of the lame stock photos.
I agree with what you are saying, but at the same time, if CPO's are selling like hotcakes using the current system, why spend money to make the cars more visible? Speaking strictly from a business perspective.

"Our widgets are selling almost faster then we can put them up for sale!" is not really a problem in Tesla's book, best focus on other things until it's a problem.

I agree with what you are saying, but at the same time, if CPO's are selling like hotcakes using the current system, why spend money to make the cars more visible? Speaking strictly from a business perspective.

"Our widgets are selling almost faster then we can put them up for sale!" is not really a problem in Tesla's book, best focus on other things until it's a problem.

I completely agree with all of Fiver's points here. Sadly, they feel the same way about other things too. Their vehicles are still selling like hotcakes despite XYZ, so they aren't focusing on answering XYZ.

I never followed through. I did take ownership of my car just shy of two weeks go. Took some nice pics on Sunday:

https://goo.gl/photos/S7NmaHdqV6dY74AL8

As far as rattles/squeaks on Signature Editions, mine is F00027, and I haven't heard anything distracting, besides the carseat I installed. Turns out, it makes a small squeak, which became obvious with how quiet of a drive the car is.

Car was not in perfect condition, more along the lines of what i would expect from any dealer CPO with 48k miles. They did do some preventative maintenance already (new interior pieces, new door handles) here in the St Louis shop.

I never followed through. I did take ownership of my car just shy of two weeks go. Took some nice pics on Sunday:

As far as rattles/squeaks on Signature Editions, mine is F00027, and I haven't heard anything distracting, besides the carseat I installed. Turns out, it makes a small squeak, which became obvious with how quiet of a drive the car is.

Car was not in perfect condition, more along the lines of what i would expect from any dealer CPO with 48k miles. They did do some preventative maintenance already (new interior pieces, new door handles) here in the St Louis shop.
I'm not a black car person, but looks super sharp and classy! Pretty crazy that Founders cars are showing up as CPOs.

The crux of the thing though, is by time you request pictures and get them (if you even get them at all), car could already be snagged by someone else. Just wish they would post pictures of the actual car instead of the lame stock photos.
This is definitely true. I got lucky with mine that it was still available a few days later. That said the pictures I was given did not show much at all.

When you say "not in perfect condition" what were the biggest issues? From the photos it looks beautiful. Congrats!

• Funny
Reactions: dgpcolorado
When you say "not in perfect condition" what were the biggest issues? From the photos it looks beautiful. Congrats!

Sure, some chips in the paint in the hood and front plastic piece (the not-grill). Some fitment of interior panels was not quite perfect. The seats looked 48k miles worn. Not bad, but not "like new", very acceptable. There is one small dent in a rear fender, very small. The rear carbon fiber spoiler has a couple blemishes in the clear coat (perhaps from the trunk opening into a low ceiling/garage door).

Yes, from 3 feet away on a digital camera, you would notice almost none of those. All-in-all I am still happy with the condition. I have no drivetrain noise.

Reactions: Cyclone
Not my ad but I thought this was a pretty good used buy as CPO's under $50 are again extinct. I'm sure it's a 60 and from what I can see it has: gray leather, tech package, center console. I suspect it has more things that are not visible (supercharging, air suspension etc). I'm speculating based 0n that center console. Someone that was willing to pay for that I think would load this car up a bit more than is being advertised here. The dealer doesn't seem to know much about Teslas or they'd have some detail.....
2013 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan - 30k miles

Not my ad but I thought this was a pretty good used buy as CPO's under $50 are again extinct. I'm sure it's a 60 and from what I can see it has: gray leather, tech package, center console. I suspect it has more things that are not visible (supercharging, air suspension etc). I'm speculating based 0n that center console. Someone that was willing to pay for that I think would load this car up a bit more than is being advertised here. The dealer doesn't seem to know much about Teslas or they'd have some detail.....
According to VIN Decoder | TeslaTap it's a 40. Looks like a 40 on the dash pics also.

Note that it's "Certified Preowned" by their own inspection, and not Teslas. So no Tesla warranty reset and also, no 60 kWh and Supercharging as you say in a later post.

Ha ha. Says it will be delivered with a full tank of gas!

I was too late on the trigger to get an Model S85 for $45k or in the last 2 months. ($45,000 is my maximum budget for a Model S).

Now, I'm aching watching the very warm Finger Lakes NY weather go by and I'm worrying that by the time I finally have a Model S, the weather will have turned very cold and I'll be driving in the fall or winter.

Brent from Tesla told me that of the pricing audit and increase increase on Model S CPOs...shortly all the reasonable options vanished.

There was over 48 CPOs of the Model S60 available a few weeks ago....now is about 21 remaining.

I'm hoping the CPOs (especially Model S60) keep selling off and a new batch is brought in.

By reading others experience - it can a month or more to get a CPO prepared and delivered. That means if I put in an order by June 1st it could take until mid July to arrive. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to wait that long yet, I cannot justify letting myself I pay $50k+ for a S60 when I know can get an S85 for the same price.

This is the exact parameters I have continually given Tesla when asking for a Model S.

S85

$45k or less ($46.5k maximum if we can be closer to upstate NY)

No Red exterior

No Tan interior

What do you all think? Are we looking at early Q3 for the CPO market prices to get where they were previously?

Just pulled the trigger on a CPO 2013 S85 with 45k miles, black, pano roof, air suspension, tech, tan leather, glossy obeche for mid 40's.

I passed on an S60 for a couple grand lower price and lower miles because I wanted the range and unlimited mile warranty vs 125k mile cap on the 60.

I was told that YES CPO does get priority on model 3 as long as your 'my tesla' account is on the same email for all of them.

Have your received your CPO yet?

I was too late on the trigger to get an Model S85 for $45k or in the last 2 months. ($45,000 is my maximum budget for a Model S).

Now, I'm aching watching the very warm Finger Lakes NY weather go by and I'm worrying that by the time I finally have a Model S, the weather will have turned very cold and I'll be driving in the fall or winter.

Brent from Tesla told me that of the pricing audit and increase increase on Model S CPOs...shortly all the reasonable options vanished.

There was over 48 CPOs of the Model S60 available a few weeks ago....now is about 21 remaining.

I'm hoping the CPOs (especially Model S60) keep selling off and a new batch is brought in.

By reading others experience - it can a month or more to get a CPO prepared and delivered. That means if I put in an order by June 1st it could take until mid July to arrive. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to wait that long yet, I cannot justify letting myself I pay $50k+ for a S60 when I know can get an S85 for the same price.

This is the exact parameters I have continually given Tesla when asking for a Model S.

S85

$45k or less ($46.5k maximum if we can be closer to upstate NY)

No Red exterior

No Tan interior

What do you all think? Are we looking at early Q3 for the CPO market prices to get where they were previously?
If I filter CPO EV for S60 I get 40 results.

I also doubt Tesla will sell many of these for over 50k when you can get a new Model S with facelift, more range, Autopilot, 8 year battery warranty and the ability to get the extended warranty all for 20k more.

Yeah you are right about 40 being left....I wasn't thinking right when I wrote the number of cars sold and still available.

It was over 60 before and now it's at 40.... Was 41 at the time I write earlier.

If i want a car now.... it seems lease is the one option to remain in my budget.... Yet I won't own anything