Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved June 8th, supposed to pick up July 7th but who knows if that will stick. Pearl White P85. Pano, 19" Aeros, UHFS, Tech, SAS, Carbon Interior, Black Performance seats and parking sensors. 43k miles, no carfax issues. VIN 197XX, Nov '13 build so it has folding mirrors.
$58,500. Went through a CPO advisor. I emailed them every day for a few days before they finally got back to me. Once I had actually made contact they were pretty good about staying in touch. They are all super busy. I listed what features I was shooting for, and once a week or so they would get back to me with a few options, not usually really meeting the options I was looking for.
I was working with one advisor who was very very nice, and was finding cars, just not what I was looking for. I kept reading on here about Brent finding people almost exactly the car I was looking for, and at great prices to boot so I called him. He directed me to continue to work with my advisor, which is understandable I guess.

Later that day my advisor called me because Brent had talked to them. Miraculously my advisor had found the car I listed above. It wasn't exactly what I'm looking for.. It was a little higher $ then I was targeting, but with CPO's often you settle for your "8 out of 10" vs custom ordering a perfect full price car.
So while I wasn't really working with Brent, it's a little odd that the day I did reach out to him, miraculously my other advisor finally found a car for me....

Reactions: Drucifer
Reserved June 8th, supposed to pick up July 7th but who knows if that will stick. Pearl White P85. Pano, 19" Aeros, UHFS, Tech, SAS, Carbon Interior, Black Performance seats and parking sensors. 43k miles, no carfax issues. VIN 197XX, Nov '13 build so it has folding mirrors.
$58,500.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. I have had my CPO Tesla for a year now and I must say that the Salt Lake Service Center has really gone the extra mile to make my car as perfect as possible. My car might be a 2012 and 4 years old but it is still the best car I have ever owned. In the last year they have fixed everything that I have found wrong and it has not cost me a dime, so far. Much better service than any Ford or Chevy or Nissan dealershit has ever done for me.

Be sure and post some pictures when you get the car.

$58,500. Went through a CPO advisor. I emailed them every day for a few days before they finally got back to me. Once I had actually made contact they were pretty good about staying in touch. They are all super busy. I listed what features I was shooting for, and once a week or so they would get back to me with a few options, not usually really meeting the options I was looking for.
I was working with one advisor who was very very nice, and was finding cars, just not what I was looking for. I kept reading on here about Brent finding people almost exactly the car I was looking for, and at great prices to boot so I called him. He directed me to continue to work with my advisor, which is understandable I guess.

Later that day my advisor called me because Brent had talked to them. Miraculously my advisor had found the car I listed above. It wasn't exactly what I'm looking for.. It was a little higher $ then I was targeting, but with CPO's often you settle for your "8 out of 10" vs custom ordering a perfect full price car.
So while I wasn't really working with Brent, it's a little odd that the day I did reach out to him, miraculously my other advisor finally found a car for me....

Just curious (and not to derail this thread but...), did you consider buying a new S60... seems like with a few options (seats, pano, premium) you can get one in the low $60k-range after tax credit. Not as much performance but a much newer build and can add AP and 15kwh later if needed.

Just curious (and not to derail this thread but...), did you consider buying a new S60... seems like with a few options (seats, pano, premium) you can get one in the low $60k-range after tax credit. Not as much performance but a much newer build and can add AP and 15kwh later if needed.

This is exactly what my wife and I did. We had been hunting the perfect CPO post the purge and I feel like all the good deals dried up. We finally were offered the exact car we were looking for but they wanted $65k for a 2013 P85 with 33k miles. For $5k more we could have brand new 60 like we want that could one day be a 75....it was a no brainier. We will take new with AP and next gen seats.

This is exactly what my wife and I did. We had been hunting the perfect CPO post the purge and I feel like all the good deals dried up. We finally were offered the exact car we were looking for but they wanted $65k for a 2013 P85 with 33k miles. For $5k more we could have brand new 60 like we want that could one day be a 75....it was a no brainier. We will take new with AP and next gen seats.

Good decision ... I cannot imagine not having AP and next gen seating. :cool:

Reactions: BigAirHarper

Not really. Like I mentioned in my post, when you buy a CPO you often have to settle for your "8 out of 10" car vs a full price car built exactly with what you really want. If I was building my dream Tesla, but as a new 60D it still prices out to over $80,000 after credits & taxes.
For over $20K less I got a CPO that nearly has everything I want, and has better performance then a 60D. I can live with Pearl White paint, but it wouldn't have been my first choice. The only options missing that I would have added are dual motor, autopilot, next gen seats and cold weather package.
I still have my trusty Subaru Outback for when the snow gets deep (does happen in Utah ski country) and cold weather package is nice, but I can deal without it. Same for seats. I haven't spent much time in the Next Gens so I probably won't realize what I'm missing.
Finally, no autopilot. My commute is 3/4th of a mile each way. Most days in the summer I ride my bike or take the free public bus there. Autopilot is amazing, but I've gone this far without it, I can live without it a little longer until the 3 is out and I possibly trade this P85 in.

Really that's why I got this Tesla... I couldn't wait for my 3, and $58,000-ish is about what I had budgeted for a reasonably top-spec 3. I just pulled the trigger a little early. Now I can drive a (hopefully) great car, see if the final production 3 is really something I'm genuinely interested in, without having to take the early production model gamble.

Not really. Like I mentioned in my post, when you buy a CPO you often have to settle for your "8 out of 10" car vs a full price car built exactly with what you really want. If I was building my dream Tesla, but as a new 60D it still prices out to over $80,000 after credits & taxes.
For over $20K less I got a CPO that nearly has everything I want, and has better performance then a 60D. I can live with Pearl White paint, but it wouldn't have been my first choice. The only options missing that I would have added are dual motor, autopilot, next gen seats and cold weather package.
I still have my trusty Subaru Outback for when the snow gets deep (does happen in Utah ski country) and cold weather package is nice, but I can deal without it. Same for seats. I haven't spent much time in the Next Gens so I probably won't realize what I'm missing.
Finally, no autopilot. My commute is 3/4th of a mile each way. Most days in the summer I ride my bike or take the free public bus there. Autopilot is amazing, but I've gone this far without it, I can live without it a little longer until the 3 is out and I possibly trade this P85 in.

Really that's why I got this Tesla... I couldn't wait for my 3, and $58,000-ish is about what I had budgeted for a reasonably top-spec 3. I just pulled the trigger a little early. Now I can drive a (hopefully) great car, see if the final production 3 is really something I'm genuinely interested in, without having to take the early production model gamble.
I think this is one of the better descriptions of the CPO experience. A few additions, embellishments.
1. It seems like an 8 until you pick it up and drive it and then it's an 11, like the audio.
2. My wife rode in it for the first time and we came out of the grocery store and someone was filming the car. She asked,"Does this happen often." And I said, "Yes." Talked to the couple for 10 minutes May have sold a Tesla this morning.
3. From selection, to pickup to service, I feel like I'm in first class. Great experiences so far.
4. I don't miss what I've never had - auto pilot, seats, 4 wheel drive....never had it, will be a nice surprise on the 3.

I think this is one of the better descriptions of the CPO experience. A few additions, embellishments.
1. It seems like an 8 until you pick it up and drive it and then it's an 11, like the audio.
2. My wife rode in it for the first time and we came out of the grocery store and someone was filming the car. She asked,"Does this happen often." And I said, "Yes." Talked to the couple for 10 minutes May have sold a Tesla this morning.
3. From selection, to pickup to service, I feel like I'm in first class. Great experiences so far.
4. I don't miss what I've never had - auto pilot, seats, 4 wheel drive....never had it, will be a nice surprise on the 3.

I got the EXACT specs I wanted in a CPO, except lacewood interior (rare, and no longer offered). Next trip around the track, I'll get next gen seats, folding mirrors, parking sensors, new nose, 4G data, AP, Dual Motor etc. (much on this list not even available on new cars when I got my CPO over a year ago), but I promised myself that I would keep this one until I pay it off, sometime in 2019, and then trade it in or sell it, if I am so motivated.

I also have a low Model III reservation, so in about 18 months (guessing) I am going to spec and buy that car and then keep both for a month or two and then decide which one I am going to sell. It's good to have options.

Reactions: Bgarret and Cyclone
Pearl white and silver are my first choices. If you decide not to accept the delivery just let me know, i will be more than happy to buy it :) But i am sure you will love your car!

Pearl white and silver are my first choices. If you decide not to accept the delivery just let me know, i will be more than happy to buy it :) But i am sure you will love your car!

It seems like every car on the road around here is white. Not very exciting. Also white (and solid black) shows dirt and mud and all the crap you get on your car in the winter. Doesn't hide road grime well. This may be a horror for some TMC members to hear, but I plan to drive this car like it's my car. I probably won't wash it much, and if I do it'll be through a normal carwash. Also my Subaru is silver so I was ready for something different.

• Funny
Reactions: KJD
It seems like every car on the road around here is white. Not very exciting. Also white (and solid black) shows dirt and mud and all the crap you get on your car in the winter. Doesn't hide road grime well. This may be a horror for some TMC members to hear, but I plan to drive this car like it's my car. I probably won't wash it much, and if I do it'll be through a normal carwash. Also my Subaru is silver so I was ready for something different.
You can always wrap it or plasti dip it to a different color

Reactions: Cyclone
You can always wrap it or plasti dip it to a different color

That sounds both expensive and like a huge hassle to maintain. I bought some 19" slipstreams that I'm going to attempt to get powder coated the same color as the gray 21's. That's about the extend of my enhancements for this car (perhaps window tinting if it's not already tinted). I'll keep the Aero's as my winter tire rims.

That sounds both expensive and like a huge hassle to maintain. I bought some 19" slipstreams that I'm going to attempt to get powder coated the same color as the gray 21's. That's about the extend of my enhancements for this car (perhaps window tinting if it's not already tinted). I'll keep the Aero's as my winter tire rims.
I know someone looking to sell his brand new Slipstreams if you wanted a set for the winter as well. ;)

There is a Green Metallic 85 CPO available for 56k if you want different color. I can still get your Pearl White!
85 kWh Model S P21561 | Tesla Motors

There is a Green Metallic 85 CPO available for 56k if you want different color. I can still get your Pearl White!
85 kWh Model S P21561 | Tesla Motors
I won't lie, that car is pretty much my perfect car, but when I bought mine it was still listed at $64K or something like that.

At that price it's super tempting, I don't know why it hasn't sold. I also do like green. But really if I'm spending this much I think I'll enjoy the performance version over a standard 85. Also I don't really want to reset the clock on getting my car delivered.