Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a link to the Tech Package features which were included in a car of about this build number. My car has a build number about 500 lower than this $42.7K car and was built in Nov 2013. You can decide if these features are important to you.

Tesla updates Tech Package for October 2013

Thank you. That is very helpful. I'm probably spoiled enough to want the tech package goodies!

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Was given a loose ETA today. Should have the car transported from Florida to Mt. Kisco by July 14th and they'll need 1-2 for NYS inspection, detail and prep. I'm estimating taking delivery on the 15th, 16th or 17th of July.

That is if everything goes smoothly and I can trust the timing so far. That would put my wait time at 1 month 4 days total.

• Love
Reactions: Tucker48
When presented by a CPO Advisor with a CPO that has not been listed is there an opportunity for negotiation? Not necessarily on price, but on retrofits? I read that some have requested a retrofit for LTE and that they would do it at the time of refurbishment IF you pay for the car up front (not just a deposit). Has anyone requested a more extensive retrofit such as power folding mirrors? What happens if you find something at delivery (such as a previously discussed) pre-existing bad paint job? You have pre-paid for a car that has unacceptable issues.

Is it just me or is Tesla dumping more cars to Texas Direct again? Would be nice to see some of these presented as CPOs (unless they actually have "issues") or simply better deals as Inventory cars. I wonder if Tesla counts them (they look to be 2015s and 2016s) as "new car sales". Since Tesla doesn't seem to be great at making a profit (and everyone seems to be OK with that - for now), their focus might be more on "making the units sold" numbers (which they obviously still missed by a healthy margin). Dumping cars to resellers might be a way to bolster the numbers. Nah....

Does anyone have any experience with paint armor listed on original window sticker but removed at the time of CPO sales? I posted about it a few pages back but it got buried quickly by other banter.

My CPO was supposed to come with paint armor but was removed during refinishing/certification process at the service center. They removed majority of it but left some behind. I spoke to the service center's advisor and they agreed on replacing them. Per my car's inspection report, certain paint armor were removed and not replaced because they had to replace the area (i.e., front bumper, nose cone).

I had asked if parking sensors could be retrofitted since I knew they were replacing the bumpers. Even offered to pay up front but they would not do it.

Hey Rahul, I think you had originally put a deposit down on a green CPO car (I think it was in Austin, ended up in Arizona prior to re-conditioning, etc.), but now you may have gone for a new 60 instead - is that correct? Assuming so, did you lose your deposit or shipping cost sine it went from Austin to AZ when you changed?

Found a car on texas direct that has about 20k less miles and one year newer than the CPO I have a deposit on and is the same price-- it's got the rear seats but no dual chargers. Thoughts? Are the dual chargers and the CPO guarantee worth the extra 20k miles?

Also, what are some must-haves I may not have thought of? How necessary is this paint armor I keep hearing about?

To me the CPO warranty alone is absolutely worth the 20k-mile tradeoff. With the CPO, you know the car has been checked by Tesla and you get a full 4-year/50k-mile warranty from the day you take delivery. Buying from a third party you only get the remainder of the factory warranty, if any, and you risk that the car was actually inspected by Tesla and rejected from the CPO program.

The CPO warranty value really depends ont the year of the car and mileage. If you buy a used 2015 model, as an example, it may have 2-3 years of the factory warranty left so the CPO warranty might only be buying you 1 or 2 more years...and a newer model could have, as you note, a lot less miles.

• Love
Reactions: Tucker48