Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That one is definitely a P85, you can tell quickly by the badging, but also the seats - I believe those are the Performance seats and were only offered as an option on the P cars.

I am not looking for a P, so I don't know all the ins and outs of them, but the biggest thing you get is the extra performance off the line (faster) vs the regular 85 (which isn't a slouch by any means)
At a later date the performance seats were offered to all models

A local dealer has a sig red p85 for the same price as Dougs. I'm so temped to go in and make a low ball offer
Now to only get rid of the RS5 that my girl won't let go of... "Hey girl, your car caught on fire after I doused it in gasoline and lit it on fire, strange! Don't cry! As fate would have it, here are the keys to a beautiful model s"

No wonder why I was confused . There must be a dozen listed as Performance that are actually standard 85 . What does the pay Performance add ? Is this one is a P model ?

Check out this 2014 Tesla Model S on Autotrader
I've engaged with a few of these sellers. They see Performance or Signature has a higher value and just figure it must be a Performance since it's so quick. I wouldn't buy a Tesla from a non-Tesla lot unless it was a screaming deal. Private party, sure. But not a standard car lot. You'll pay the same or worse markup as if you buy a CPO, and you won't get the extended warranty.

Reactions: Fiver
I've engaged with a few of these sellers. They see Performance or Signature has a higher value and just figure it must be a Performance since it's so quick. I wouldn't buy a Tesla from a non-Tesla lot unless it was a screaming deal. Private party, sure. But not a standard car lot. You'll pay the same or worse markup as if you buy a CPO, and you won't get the extended warranty.

If I were to buy a 2014 from a private party with 20,000 miles do I still get a remaining factory warranty ?

Ready to go, full loaded CPO.

031.JPG

If I found the same example as a CPO would the warranty be different ?

CPO - new 4y/50k mile warranty
Private party - Remainder of the original 4y/50k warranty.

Best option (IMO) is to find a newer low mileage private party sale and pay the extra $4k to extend the warranty. Doing this would allow you the remainder of the original warranty, plus an extra 4yrs/50k miles.

My advice is to spend a little more time reading through the forums. A lot of your questions have been answered already, or can easily be found by using the search functions on this forum, or through everyone's knowledgeable friend, Google.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
If I found the same example as a CPO would the warranty be different ?

Yes, if you bought the CPO, it would come with a 4 year/50K mile warranty that STARTS at the mileage/date you buy the car. So if you buy a Tesla CPO with 20,000 miles on it, you get a warranty up to 70,000 miles included in the price. If you buy private party, you can get the original owner to buy the extended warranty prior to the sale (for $4000) and transfer it to you, but that only works with original owners, not dealers.

In my opinion, you get the best bang for your buck by purchasing a high mileage Tesla CPO (like 40-50k miles). Then you get the Tesla warranty included for up to 100K miles and the price to buy is a lot lower. (then its cheaper to trade it out for an AP 2.0 car once those are released :) )

Yes, if you bought the CPO, it would come with a 4 year/50K mile warranty that STARTS at the mileage/date you buy the car. So if you buy a Tesla CPO with 20,000 miles on it, you get a warranty up to 70,000 miles included in the price. If you buy private party, you can get the original owner to buy the extended warranty prior to the sale (for $4000) and transfer it to you, but that only works with original owners, not dealers.

In my opinion, you get the best bang for your buck by purchasing a high mileage Tesla CPO (like 40-50k miles). Then you get the Tesla warranty included for up to 100K miles and the price to buy is a lot lower. (then its cheaper to trade it out for an AP 2.0 car once those are released :) )
Hey hey. Watch it! Sounds you are generating more competition for my strategy - which certainly sounds like it is the best way to go for me.

Reactions: Az_Rael

Thanks for the great advice . You have been very helpful .

How long did it take everybody to receive their CPO from ordering to delivery?
Just wondering as I placed my order on June 28th, and was given an estimate of 3 to 4 weeks.
Then in early July my D.S. said they estimated repairs would be finished by July 14th or 15th.
Since then I've heard next to nothing except that they are still working on my car.
I'm not upset or anything, as I figured their initial estimate seemed to be pretty optimistic, but I am
getting pretty anxious to get my hands on this car.
Just wondering if everyone's experiences and timelines have been similar to mine.
Can't remember if I responded to this so forgive any dupes but mine took the full three weeks-- I reserved 6/28 and got it 7/25 (although I think it was ready on 7/22). They put on new wheels and a new bumper.

I know I was SUPER impatient but I think the time they spend adding replacements or 'reconditioning' as they put it is well spent. My car looks BRAND NEW with the exception of some paint nicks in the hood and a little scratching on the chrome handles. I don't know if they had to replace anything else that they didn't mention but the carpet looks like it has never seen feet. The leather is fantastic.

So assuming your car looks this immaculate on pickup, just think of it as them giving you a sort of new car in exchange for the wait. It was worth every day of the wait. We have 400 miles left on our BMW lease and I can't bring myself to use them up. I just always want to drive the tesla.

Can't remember if I responded to this so forgive any dupes but mine took the full three weeks-- I reserved 6/28 and got it 7/25 (although I think it was ready on 7/22). They put on new wheels and a new bumper.

I know I was SUPER impatient but I think the time they spend adding replacements or 'reconditioning' as they put it is well spent. My car looks BRAND NEW with the exception of some paint nicks in the hood and a little scratching on the chrome handles. I don't know if they had to replace anything else that they didn't mention but the carpet looks like it has never seen feet. The leather is fantastic.

So assuming your car looks this immaculate on pickup, just think of it as them giving you a sort of new car in exchange for the wait. It was worth every day of the wait. We have 400 miles left on our BMW lease and I can't bring myself to use them up. I just always want to drive the tesla.
That's good to know. I've been trying to tell myself that as well, that every day it takes they are putting more work into getting me a car in very good condition.

Just an update on mine, they gave me a new ETA of mid next week, which will put me at 6 full weeks. I'm assuming it'll take another 7-8 days to finish paperwork and have the car shipped. Either way it can't come soon enough!

Are all of the cars on the inventory site pre-refresh model s? I've been assuming they are just because they link to stock photos of the nose-cone model S, but wasn't sure if that was reliable as I start to see new 50 mile odometer cars being placed on the list in July/August. Are they still building the pre-refresh style to use up parts?

Are all of the cars on the inventory site pre-refresh model s? I've been assuming they are just because they link to stock photos of the nose-cone model S, but wasn't sure if that was reliable as I start to see new 50 mile odometer cars being placed on the list in July/August. Are they still building the pre-refresh style to use up parts?

I hope they aren't using up the parts. People who have accidents with their existing cars are going to need those nosecones.

I don't believe that any old style cars have been made since shortly before the refresh was announced. However, I'm also not sure that the inventory car pictures are pictures of the specific car - I believe they are composites from the feature just like in the order screens. Not sure if a post refresh inventory car would show up correctly or not.

Currently they are all from before the April refresh.

In May, they did list about 30 refreshed cars for a couple days. The numbers went down slightly and then they removed all of them at once. I think they were probably the showroom models that were listed accidentally since almost all of them were red.

The refreshed cars do have a new option code so TeslaInventory.com was able to identify them and showed them as the refreshed models.

Currently they are all from before the April refresh.

In May, they did list about 30 refreshed cars for a couple days. The numbers went down slightly and then they removed all of them at once. I think they were probably the showroom models that were listed accidentally since almost all of them were red.

The refreshed cars do have a new option code so TeslaInventory.com was able to identify them and showed them as the refreshed models.

Actually just saw from another member on a different thread that refresh inventory cars are out there. The pic online may not match up but he had just taken delivery of one so they exist. I would ask local store about looki them up internally.