Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My best guess, they are listing almost all their cars to sell as many as possible to make up for their missed sales targets.

Thanks Erik
1000 cars is nowhere near what Tesla has in inventory. Those who keep track of production and deliveries in the past quarters know that they have about 10,000 cars, not counting the CPOs. But there is no reason for Tesla to list the whole inventory at once and make that too obvious. The buyers will know that they have the bargaining power.

My best guess, they are listing almost all their cars to sell as many as possible to make up for their missed sales targets.

Thanks Erik
Yeah. In past quarters they had similar (but smaller) surges in listings but they seemed a little late in the quarter to actually complete the sale. By listing so many in August, they should be able to bump up the 3rd quarter numbers nicely by delivering them before the end of September.

Something wrong with MS P90D VIN #150264 on ev-cpo.com. Price is $180,800. I was curious, what kind of MS costs that much. Strange, clicking the link doesn't show the car on Tesla's site.

It's not listed anymore, so it must have been a glitch on the Tesla site. I'll have to dig into the logs to see what happened. But that was the price that came over, AFAICT, probably just a typo.

Well, it is still listed on Tesla's site, but even there the detail page does not open. Maybe it has "Plaid" mode?

upload_2016-8-9_8-11-10.png

Last edited:
1000 cars is nowhere near what Tesla has in inventory. Those who keep track of production and deliveries in the past quarters know that they have about 10,000 cars, not counting the CPOs. But there is no reason for Tesla to list the whole inventory at once and make that too obvious. The buyers will know that they have the bargaining power.
Bargaining power? Tesla doesn't bargain so far as I have heard. Unless you mean that a larger inventory list would suggest to potential buyers that they should just wait for eventual price drops.