Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster, long time lurker here.

@HankLloydRight - Love the site. Not sure how much data you have or is available, but have you been able to determine when Tesla is likely to cut/raise prices? I'd imagine you could also create your own KBB type value for a vehicle too. Or is all of this G-14 classified?

Thanks for your comments. I could create a predictive pricing model, but (1) that's not really my forte, and (b) there are already two other guys building CPO pricing models, but I don't think they've published anything yet.

Well, I had reserved a 2013 S85 on 8/10 for 48,900 (Solid white, tech package, pano roof, air suspension, tan leather). Got a call a week later to be told that car was since rear ended, causing 18k of damage to the rear end. Now it's on to looking for another one. Problem is that any that are comparably equipped are 4 to 6k more right now. It's like it was snatched out of my hands....oh well, back to the drawing board...

Well, I had reserved a 2013 S85 on 8/10 for 48,900 (Solid white, tech package, pano roof, air suspension, tan leather). Got a call a week later to be told that car was since rear ended, causing 18k of damage to the rear end. Now it's on to looking for another one. Problem is that any that are comparably equipped are 4 to 6k more right now. It's like it was snatched out of my hands....oh well, back to the drawing board...

DId you get your deposit back?

When is next quarter end ? Any guesses on when they would start reducing prices on cpo? seems few of them have their prices increased by as much as 5000.

Increasing price makes no sense. If something didn't sell for a lower price, will it sell for a higher price? It's not like auction, that price goes up as people keep bidding higher on that item.

BTW, the private sale prices are becoming a tiny bit more reasonable. This 2013 S85 is listed for $49,900K, but max bid is $41,802k on Ebay. 9 hours to go. It's being sold by a dealer though, so no chance of adding extended warranty.
2013 Tesla Model s 85 | eBay

Increasing price makes no sense. If something didn't sell for a lower price, will it sell for a higher price? It's not like auction, that price goes up as people keep bidding higher on that item.
There are listings on ev-cpo where the price has supposedly increased. Not sure what that is all about.
He also might be talking about the fact that you can configure a car for less than some of the inventory cars are listed for. I suppose its for instant (or sooner, since it will still take a month +) gratification