Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is good to know that if you pick up the car locally there is no $500 fee.

If I were you I'd fly up to DC to pick up the car. Maybe they can pick you up at the airport in your new car :) A Mercedes dealer once did that for us when we bought out of state.

Too bad I-81 and I-66 has no supercharger coverage as that would have made a nice scenic drive back for you.

Yeah, I am all but sure I will go this route and pick up in DC. The only clinchers are: 1) if there any concerns about the car at delivery (they missed a scratch, tear in the seat, headliner, or something when reconditioning, rash on the wheel), I can't wait for that to be fixed there and pick up another day. I would need that fixed at my local Service Center. 2) I am on-call next week, so I would be looking two weeks out to pick up the car. As you may have picked up on the 50+ posts I've made since Friday, I'm a bit anxious to get the car! #1 is the primary concern though.

Yeah, I am all but sure I will go this route and pick up in DC. The only clinchers are: 1) if there any concerns about the car at delivery (they missed a scratch, tear in the seat, headliner, or something when reconditioning, rash on the wheel), I can't wait for that to be fixed there and pick up another day. I would need that fixed at my local Service Center. 2) I am on-call next week, so I would be looking two weeks out to pick up the car. As you may have picked up on the 50+ posts I've made since Friday, I'm a bit anxious to get the car! #1 is the primary concern though.

If they missed something just get a "We Owe You" signed by them and you can have that fixed up when you get home.

Delivery in progress :)
8012c30e640c4a9fcd0b04bb45e2138c.jpg
0c93b35cd96b9429fc5ed7c5521a728e.jpg
https://vimeo.com/126514681

I wonder if you want a car that has 21" wheels and you want it to have 19" if they'll

A. swap and adjust the price lower or
B. if they'll swap for free with no adjustment to price or
C. if they'll make you buy the extra wheels/tires and sell the 21s after the fact.

fwiw in order of preference I would pick

1. 19" Aero wheels
2. 19" Cyclone wheels
3. 19" base/stock wheels
4. any aftermarket 20" wheels
5. 21" OEM gray or silver (don't really care which)

Last edited:
Those seats look like new! How many miles does the car have?

Car has 7500 miles on it and it's a 2014, still smells new too. Thanks all for the kind words, this has been years in the making and I'm excited to finally achieved my goal of Tesla ownership. The Tyson's and Rockville team are a collective group of professionals and the process was very smooth. Highly recommend them to anyone here!

I didn't notice this earlier. Congrats on the center console lolgas! How are you liking that? In the cubby, what is the bottom material - carpet or plastic? I am very, very tempted to get one for mine!

Bottom, meaning where the cupholders sit, rests on the carpet. I would have preferred something along the lines of the yacht flooring in the event I spill something. The build quality is in line with everything that Tesla pushes out so don't worry about that. I had it rushed to the Rockville SC for install prior to delivery. Note, the iPhone charge port will _NOT_ work with a case on the phone. Hope that helps!

On my way to go and pick up the 21" grey turbines from a fellow local member and also getting tint done tomorrow morning. Car will look way different come the weekend after my road trip to Richmond, VA and back. (hitting up superchargers along the way ;)

Nice! I will probably plan on install after delivery so I can lay something down first for that very reason. Now, I have to play the waiting game. My flight to Dulles isn't for two more weeks! :( Then just arrange transpo for those few miles from the airport to Tyson's.

Nice! I will probably plan on install after delivery so I can lay something down first for that very reason. Now, I have to play the waiting game. My flight to Dulles isn't for two more weeks! :( Then just arrange transpo for those few miles from the airport to Tyson's.

I may be able to pick you up however I'd ask Kelly as she's only 15mins from Dulles and it would be the right thing to do on their end.

Sadly, the CPO cars are not eligible for leasing. I believe @MsElectric has been trying to find if an outside vendor would do leasing, but so far, no luck. That said, @arijaycomet has done a lease on an inventory car, so that is an option vs. custom-ordered new.