Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I brought Aoi Tsubasa (Blue Falcon in Japanese) to this new top end car wash. I know for the swirls but it was freezing temperatures, and too much salt on the car to keep it like this.
So I get there select the ultimate wash and valet. AFter the mechanical wash, I drive the car to the line where the crew wipe the outside, and clean the inside.
The guys there never saw a Model X. I ahd to open the FWD, and all of a sudden, they are all smiling, taking selfies, taking pictures of them cleaning the car, taking videos.

Was great to see them enjoying discovering this incredible car.

Really glad I went there.

Today I brought Aoi Tsubasa (Blue Falcon in Japanese) to this new top end car wash. I know for the swirls but it was freezing temperatures, and too much salt on the car to keep it like this.
So I get there select the ultimate wash and valet. AFter the mechanical wash, I drive the car to the line where the crew wipe the outside, and clean the inside.
The guys there never saw a Model X. I ahd to open the FWD, and all of a sudden, they are all smiling, taking selfies, taking pictures of them cleaning the car, taking videos.

Was great to see them enjoying discovering this incredible car.

Really glad I went there.
I cringe when I hear people bring their expensive cars to those car washes. I've washed cars in 20 degree weather before and it's not too bad.

Reactions: dragonxt
I posted this on another thread but it is my best X moment....

I was a long-term Tesla X Reservation holder. After the P100 announcement and rumors about the 2.0 AP Hardware, I placed my order for a Model X P100DL with standard 20 wheels with all the options.

Throughout the whole reservation process, production and delivery, about 3 years, my Grandpa and I would talk a couple of times a week and always the car would come into the conversation. Instead of giving me the conservative advice he was always encouraging to buy the car.

The first car he was ever in was a 1918 Allen Touring car, the family’s first car. The first car he drove was a Buick 1926. And the first car he bought was a 1936 Ford Model AB Coup at age 18. He enlisted at 16 into the Army National Guard, served in the Pacific Theater and left the service with at the rank LT Col to work at NASA retiring at age 51 with 35 years of service. He still lives independently in a military retirement community and
his current transportation is an electric motorized chair to get around the community. Truly a life in modern history.

I received the car after a few delays right before Christmas 2016 and we hatched the plan to surprise my G’Pa by driving it down from Charlotte, NC to San Antonio, TX for his 99th birthday in Mid-January 2017. He is working on three digits now….

Could not resist reaching out to this '17 Ford Model T owner for some side-by-side pics & sharing. A century in the making!

Last photo shows he's comfortable in seat of Model X upgrade, yet not willing to take the plunge & swap quite yet....... ;)

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg IMG_2248.JPG IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2285.JPG IMG_2250.JPG

LOL, misery loves company. Same experience here in S. Cal

You guys clearly aren't waving the FWD at random passers by enough. :p (Seriously, most of the random stranger encounters I've had with the car outside of EV shows have been started by the Falcon Wings opening or being open.)

Though there was the one guy in Indiana at the traffic light who thought it was a Maserati...

You guys clearly aren't waving the FWD at random passers by enough. :p (Seriously, most of the random stranger encounters I've had with the car outside of EV shows have been started by the Falcon Wings opening or being open.)

Though there was the one guy in Indiana at the traffic light who thought it was a Maserati...
Actually you are right. We rarely use the FWD.

I finally experienced a non-standard MX moment. Standard moments are the "what's that?", "How many miles per gallon?", "Awesome doors," etc.

I went to a shopping center in Annapolis, MD and parked in an "energy efficient, low-emitting" spot in the front. Couple walked by (60ish), woman mumbled something and all I heard was "ridiculous." I'm thinking she likes the car. Then I walk toward the store, and the guy looked at my MX and said sarcastically, "efficient car? Those spots are reserved for hybrids." I told him that it was electric and doesn't emit anything. He said "yeah, right" (like a total ass) and walked away ignoring my response. Maryland has some catching up to do...

We've gotten lots of 'nice car', 'what is it?' Comments in both the MS and MX, but the MX moment was when we took our first trip,with passengers in the rear. We went to the movie theater and I stopped at the entrance to let my wife and the 2 rear passengers out, heard 'gasps' from several people outside when the FWDs opened. Then after getting inside I was waiting for my wife who was in the restroom and I could hear some young girls talking about it in the restroom, "Did you see that car outside! The doors opened up like a space ship!" When my wife exited the restroom, she was smiling and was eager to tell me all about it. But I told her that I heard the whole thing, they were talking pretty loud, they were pretty excited about it!

Not much of a story, but when we had our demo X on route 70 in Maryland on the way to the Hagerstown SpC, we had several cars stalking us on our 7, we assume doing the using taking pics. I guess in this neck of the wood (especially in sub-suburban MD), they are rare. My girlfriend was looking around while we are on AP saying, here's another one, getting a good look! ;)

Reactions: hiroshiy