Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda confused (as always). I'm stuck on 7.1 and thought I didn't have Sentry Mode until I get the 16.x update. I don't see where to select it in the menu. I have a USB and pulled thinking I could see Dashcam. However it seems the clips are in a row and have all the time I'm parked and driving too. Looks like it is recording all the time on 7.1? I thought you even had to select Sentry Mode every time you got out of the car and was first available on 12.x (or something higher than 7.1). And that it only recored all the time on 16.x.

I thought the dash cam recorded constantly, but overwrote anything older than an hour. The exception is any clips you manually save by touching the icon, or any clips saved by sentry mode go into a SavedClips subfolder and are never deleted/overwritten.

Reactions: McFlurri
I scoured the thread but saw that about 90% of the thread is regarding ELDA.

Has anyone with HW3 tried out NOA with no confirmation? I'm very curious to see how well HW3 performs compared to HW 2/2.5.

AFAIK HW3 is just running the HW2.5 NN and code in emulation right now.... initially Elon actually saw HW3 was slightly worse than 2.5 while doing this, it's unclear if that remains the case.

Big improvements in autopilot functionality compared to 2019.12.x and .16.2. I noticed a lot of regressions in those builds, even one of my kids was asking what had happened to autopilot - driving like a drunken robot.

Yes indeed, apologies for the oversight :) Autopilot has been getting better with time. Undocumented, but lane changing now in the the Model X and I presume the Model S too is that you don't "latch" the turn indicator stalk for auto lane changing to operate. This means the indicator will switch off automatically after the lane change procedure has completed. Nice update.

Any SR+ owners updated to 2019.16.3.2 yet?

I've noticed both 2019.16.2 and 2019.16.3 updating to 2019.16.3.2 on TeslaFi tonight.

If there are other SR+ owners with 2019.16.3.2 right now, we can be reasonably sure that the "Advanced Software Update Preference" toggle is somewhat of a placebo... I've been on Advanced since receiving 2019.16.2.

If there are other SR+ owners with 2019.16.3.2 right now, we can be reasonably sure that the "Advanced Software Update Preference" toggle is somewhat of a placebo... I've been on Advanced since receiving 2019.16.2.

If you already have 2019.16.2 it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get another flavor of 2019.16.x firmware, as it depends on models and regions, so I wouldn’t call the advanced option placebo yet.

If the next major version comes along (say 2019.20) and many others in your region with the same model variant as you receive the update and you don’t for several days, then I would agree that Advanced doesn’t do much.

Last edited:
somewhere with these newer 12.x or 16.x releases I've noticed if i get the X on the sentry USB dashcam if I unplug the USB (I'm using a sandisk 128 super tiny usb flash drive) and replug it back it all is good = no reformatting necessary. I'm using a USB hub if that makes a difference somehow but something has changed where reformatting doesn't seem to be necessary lately. I am getting the X far less often ever sicne moving to a 128GB drive.

Any SR+ owners updated to 2019.16.3.2 yet?

I've noticed both 2019.16.2 and 2019.16.3 updating to 2019.16.3.2 on TeslaFi tonight.

I had 2019.16.3, then it updated to 2019.16.3.2

I’ve been trying to trigger an EDLA event for myself (safely, of course, with no other cars involved) and have so far been unsuccessful to get it to go off. I just want to see how bad it is and how hard it is to override. I’ve also kept the LDA enabled since I received the update last week or so, and it’s worked flawlessly for me thus far. Far better than the old warning where the wheel would vibrate (which i found annoying and thus kept it disabled). If I deliberately turn the wheel, it doesn’t activate at all. It’s only when I drift towards the lane line or do a slight shift of the wheel to point my vehicle at an angle so it will cross the line and then don’t torque the wheel that it activates at all, and even if it does it is beyond easy to override. If that’s how EDLA works, except with flashing lines and beeps, then I won’t find it too bad. If it’s hard to override, then I might have a problem with it. But, as I’ve said, I’ve been so far unable to get it to go off even when deliberately crossing lane lines onto the shoulder of roads. I might be able to get it to go off if I try to get really close to driving off the road/hit a guardrail quickly, but I’d rather not be trying to override the system in that situation since if I succeed I might just be da,aging my car and/or putting myself into danger for no real good reason. Trying to change lanes into another car might also do it, but obviously I’m not going to do that or even make it look like I’m going to do it either; don’t want to make some poor bastard swerve because he thinks I’m about to hit him.

My friend and I noticed that it seems to be overly sensitive on the collision warning now. We both are getting the red car and warning tone about rear ending someone when there is really nothing to worry about. It seems to be overly sensitive about your closing rate now.
Same here. Got the quadruple chime yesterday. A pickup made a right turn ahead of me on a surface road. I was going 40 (the speed limit); the truck was maybe 50-70 feet ahead and was COMPLETING the turn. My display highlighted the truck in red, I think. Was so startled that it took me a second to figure out what happened.

Bug report sent, fwiw.

If you get an update that involves the X in 2019.16.X then I doubt the feature list will change. It is almost certainly bug fixes to the 2019 week 16 fork. Release notes don't list bug fixes. They only list feature changes.

Be careful what you wish for. 2019.16 introduced jumping bean cars on the display. EDLA should only activate if you are in danger of hitting something. Instead it activates just from a lane departure. I had to swerve to avoid something in the road. There was no curb and the pavement extended well past the right hand white line. I still got the wheel trying to jerk me to the left.

I’ve been trying to trigger an EDLA event for myself (safely, of course, with no other cars involved) and have so far been unsuccessful to get it to go off. I just want to see how bad it is and how hard it is to override. I’ve also kept the LDA enabled since I received the update last week or so, and it’s worked flawlessly for me thus far. Far better than the old warning where the wheel would vibrate (which i found annoying and thus kept it disabled). If I deliberately turn the wheel, it doesn’t activate at all. It’s only when I drift towards the lane line or do a slight shift of the wheel to point my vehicle at an angle so it will cross the line and then don’t torque the wheel that it activates at all, and even if it does it is beyond easy to override. If that’s how EDLA works, except with flashing lines and beeps, then I won’t find it too bad. If it’s hard to override, then I might have a problem with it. But, as I’ve said, I’ve been so far unable to get it to go off even when deliberately crossing lane lines onto the shoulder of roads. I might be able to get it to go off if I try to get really close to driving off the road/hit a guardrail quickly, but I’d rather not be trying to override the system in that situation since if I succeed I might just be da,aging my car and/or putting myself into danger for no real good reason. Trying to change lanes into another car might also do it, but obviously I’m not going to do that or even make it look like I’m going to do it either; don’t want to make some poor bastard swerve because he thinks I’m about to hit him.
I wonder if LDA is activated then ELDA won’t go off. I’m gonna try that combo today.

I wonder if LDA is activated then ELDA won’t go off. I’m gonna try that combo today.

Weird, I always have both on and I get the line assistance and sometimes the warning messages every time I get too close to the divider lines or try to cross it without signals.

Additionally, I get the same assistance if I signal and try to change lines at same time.. I need to wait at least 1 second after I turn on my turn signal to initiate the line change in order to have the line assistance at bay.

In other words, working as intended.

Same here. Got the quadruple chime yesterday. A pickup made a right turn ahead of me on a surface road. I was going 40 (the speed limit); the truck was maybe 50-70 feet ahead and was COMPLETING the turn. My display highlighted the truck in red, I think. Was so startled that it took me a second to figure out what happened.

Bug report sent, fwiw.
How do you send bug reports?

Me: "They changed how the car drives after I ordered it and I'm not sure I want it anymore unless they're likely to change it back."

I'm with "me" here, don't change my car after I bought it unless I want you to ;)

Re bug reports - those have done zero for me but you can try email [email protected]

I got a reply from a service contact I had that *suggested* that service people are hearing about this and maybe that will float up to decision makers. Keep sending email