Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with you - I don't want any feature where the car take controls w/o my input which I can not permanently disable; this is potentially an actionable thing Tesla has done by making a material change in the behavior of the car and essentially making it mandatory. I'm hoping they reconsider ...
Taking what you said literally, means you don’t want automatic emergency braking, ABS brakes or traction control, none of which can be permanently disabled and all of which take control of the car. Is this really the case?

A lot of griping about ELDA. Has anyone here actually experienced an unsafe ELDA interaction? Or are you just worried about what might happen? I’ve not had a false positive since I’ve had the feature (about 8 days now).

I turned it off after the other day. 2 lane road, bicyclist on shoulder going opposite way with traffic. Oncoming cars going around the bicyclist and into my lane. Common courtesy around here is to hug the shoulder to let oncoming cars pass. ELDA almost swerved me into the oncoming traffic. I would have side-swiped at least one car had I not been paying attention.

I turned it off after the other day. 2 lane road, bicyclist on shoulder going opposite way with traffic. Oncoming cars going around the bicyclist and into my lane. Common courtesy around here is to hug the shoulder to let oncoming cars pass. ELDA almost swerved me into the oncoming traffic. I would have side-swiped at least one car had I not been paying attention.
Thanks for sharing.

Thats wishful thinking. You should not expect to see those retrofits happen until there are features that are FSD only that DONT WORK on HW 2.5. Thats not nearly the same thing as "both feature sets are the same".

If they are smart they would start as soon as there is parity. As soon as there are features for HW3 which are incompatible with HW2+ then everyone wants to be upgraded at once, lot of sour grapes and a logistical nightmare.