Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This appears to be all 2.0 cars and after (S/X/3) according to TeslaFi. Wonder if it gives S and X the LD options?

Edit: RN look identical to 16.2 for the 3. This came out so quickly could be a combo of fixes and added LD for S/X since everyone’s getting it. Have to check RN for an S/X.

Last edited:
Seeing it here too (NorCal, currently on 2019.12.1.2). First time I'm seriously considering to skip an update since it doesn't allow permanent disabling of the Emergency Lane Departure thing. :(

I'm with you - I don't want any feature where the car take controls w/o my input which I can not permanently disable; this is potentially an actionable thing Tesla has done by making a material change in the behavior of the car and essentially making it mandatory. I'm hoping they reconsider ...

This new minor revision makes me wonder how "Advanced Software Update Preferences" work.

I'm on 2019.16.2 and I turned Advanced on in the software tab the moment I got it.

Just checked the software screen, reconnected wifi, it says I'm up to date. Could mean:
  1. 2019.16.3 isn't available for SR+ in Maryland. And Tesla will still roll software out incrementally now, just state by state and configuration by configuration.
  2. The Advanced setting is like a disconnected "Close door" button in an elevator. It doesn't really do anything but will stop us from constantly resetting our MCUs.

Reactions: pilotSteve
edit. yes, it enables itself upon going into drive. Toggling the button being up a pop up dialog that requires you to confirm disabling and mentions “this setting will reset for the next drive cycle.”

Ughhh, so no change to ELDA. Being unable to permanently turn that off is unacceptable. I'm on 16.2 and I *hate* ELDA. It's dangerous and makes the car not fun anymore; it's hard to remember to turn it off before every single drive.