Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having much more trouble engaging TACC and AS (individually and both) since the update to 40.4. Anyone else seeing this?

For example, when changing lane on the motorway manually, then wanting to engage TACC+AS, I used to be able to do this less than a second after entering the new lane. Now it takes upwards of 5 seconds before TACC and/or AS become available. Quite annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: Fazza
I've been having much more trouble engaging TACC and AS (individually and both) since the update to 40.4. Anyone else seeing this?

For example, when changing lane on the motorway manually, then wanting to engage TACC+AS, I used to be able to do this less than a second after entering the new lane. Now it takes upwards of 5 seconds before TACC and/or AS become available. Quite annoying.
I have come across that twice now and I only got the update just recently. It used to allow re-engaging TACC almost half way during lane change, now it beeps at you that TACC is not available for a few seconds before it allows to re-engage it. Kind of annoying.
Totally separate annoyance today though, I came across a car in second lane was a little over the line to my lane, I was in first lane. He was moving about 10KM/h slower than speed limit. As I was on TACC, but not AP, so I just swerved a little to left and went past him without disengaging TACC or slowing down. The car did not like that and flared a massive 3-4 seconds of loud annoying beeping at me that lane departure detected and corrective steering applied even though I have that lane departure avoidance turned off :(

I agree, the warning system seems a bit paranoid at the moment.
This morning heading into the Sydney CBD across the left most lane on the Anzac Bridge, the MY was freaking out about being too close to wall on the left hand side and at one point it even tried steering me into the lane on the right side (which had another car in there). I managed keep control and it kept alerting me to the wall for most of the way across. 2022.36.6 is very skittish.

Reactions: Vostok
Anyhow my preference would be to hide the DAB stations, as unless you stay in a small area I find them continually dropping out.

My preference is DAB - because most of the stations I listen to are not on FM. Also I think the sound quality is better.

I just “favourite“ my stations and then select them from that much shorter list. So you could do that (choosing the FM versions instead).

I have noticed it being way more aggressive on the alerting also lately and it is really distracting and annoying when driving. The worse part is if you indicate and plan to go over a line, it still triggers even though you are fully intentionally going over it and even indicating that you are going that way.

Yep - this annoys me too. Doing a country drive a few weeks back my Model 3 was perpetually freaking out about me avoiding all the potholes on those flood-damaged country roads and trying to steer me back onto them. It got really annoying.

Yep - this annoys me too. Doing a country drive a few weeks back my Model 3 was perpetually freaking out about me avoiding all the potholes on those flood-damaged country roads and trying to steer me back onto them. It got really annoying.
Same here. Most of our driving on country roads. My wife and I are thinking about using ear plugs before our hearing is damaged?!

Same here. The Tesla seems to take a bee-line for potholes and loses its mind when you try to avoid them.
Have you got "Joe Mode" turned on? It might help with the volume of the alerts at least.

For those who may be unaware of "Joe Mode" ...

Last edited:
Same here today
The option of warning is too loud and annoying. Not how it used to behave
Activated assist option and that seems like a smother way. Shame we lost previous behaviour which was a shake of the steering wheel

This morning heading into the Sydney CBD across the left most lane on the Anzac Bridge, the MY was freaking out about being too close to wall on the left hand side and at one point it even tried steering me into the lane on the right side (which had another car in there). I managed keep control and it kept alerting me to the wall for most of the way across. 2022.36.6 is very skittish.

Reactions: Maximillan
Have you got "Joe Mode" turned on? It might help with the volume of the alerts at least.

For those who may be unaware of "Joe Mode" ...

Permanently "on"....