Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The update has appeared to be pulled.
Apparently it was very buggy and they rolled it out too quickly.

The bugs that I heard of were.
  • Navigate on Autopilot no confirmation lane change didn't work.
  • Voice commands didn't/barely work.
  • The new music easter egg crashed the OS.
  • A few other misc problems.
Those who are on it get to stay on it, I guess the rest of us will have to wait for a hotfix from Tesla and then a re-release.
Remember to send a bug report if you experience a bug.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I believe it was only pulled in Australia.
Was downloading around 7AM this morning and it suddenly stopped while sitting in the car and hasn't come back.
Same thing happened to a friend.

Hopefully they've fixed the issues and the rollout begins again

I don't think it's pulled at all. Mine installed today and another one just completed an hour ago in Victoria as per TeslaFi.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I don't think it's pulled at all. Mine installed today and another one just completed an hour ago in Victoria as per TeslaFi.
The Australian rollout for this version appears to be very limited. Not sure what the holdup is, but my car cannot see that update yet. Does look like it is very actively rolling out in the rest of the world though. According to TeslaFi almost half of all cars on TeslaFi have already got this.

The update has appeared to be pulled.
Apparently it was very buggy and they rolled it out too quickly.

The bugs that I heard of were.
  • Navigate on Autopilot no confirmation lane change didn't work.
  • Voice commands didn't/barely work.
  • The new music easter egg crashed the OS.
  • A few other misc problems.
Those who are on it get to stay on it, I guess the rest of us will have to wait for a hotfix from Tesla and then a re-release.
Remember to send a bug report if you experience a bug.

I have it and can confirm all of the above.

Customers will also be able to view messages via the “Cards” section on the touchscreen.

I suspect Aus law is going to cause issues with this feature, possible even delay the software update in Australia.

I could be wrong but I don't think cars in Aus are allowed to display text messages on screen while driving. Audi Australia had to hold back deliveries of new cars when a similar global software update enabled this on their cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Hungry Mile